Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Roloman4
Zzonked
Cadbury
SBSP
CoVkId01
Jamie
Demba Ba
Fanatic
Theo Filippo
Mouse
14 posters

Andriy Voronin on English Football

Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Andriy Voronin on English Football  Empty Andriy Voronin on English Football

Post by Mouse Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:28 am

Voronin's latest synopsis on English football:

"Terry couldn't clear the ball cleanly, so hit me in the face,”

“Jerk! In my opinion, he did it deliberately.”

“Terry is capable of wickedness. As are Jamie Carragher and Rio Ferdinand.”

“They are the masters.”

“In England it's carnage.”

“If in a match one of the players doesn't bleed, doesn't smash his head in a collision or lose his leg, the fans feel cheated - the game was a failure.”

“It's a crazy pace from the first minute to the final whistle.”

“Complete dedication, tremendous atmosphere in the stadiums, but the tactics of most teams are simple in the extreme: throw the ball 50 yards up the pitch and then mob rush up to the opposition goal to score.”
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Andriy Voronin on English Football  Empty Re: Andriy Voronin on English Football

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:28 am

Kick and rush teams.
    Anonymous

Andriy Voronin on English Football  Empty Re: Andriy Voronin on English Football

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:29 am

rofl
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:29 am

He sounds like Mauro.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:30 am

smh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:30 am

Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:30 am

I think thats a bit too extreme.

You can hardly claim that Arsenal or Wigan employ those sort of tactics.

While the English game is very physical the best strikers are able to cope with that sort of thing and excel. Voronin is just frustrated because he was a flop in the PL.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:32 am

cheesy wrote:I think thats a bit too extreme.

While the English game is very physical the best strikers are able to cope with that sort of thing and excel. Voronin is just frustrated because he was a flop in the PL.
    He said MOST of the teams.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:32 am

Should've fucking toughened up then soft cunt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:33 am

He has a point. rofl

Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:34 am

My man Andriy not worthy
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:34 am

I remember when he scored this great goal in his first couple of matches (think it was against Tolouse) and I thought, fucking hell, we got this guy for free, he's quality?

How wrong I was Neutral
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:34 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    I was waiting for someone to post this. rofl
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 am

What a player. Would love to see him back in a red shirt not worthy.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

Still, I wouldn't say that most teams do it.

There are a couple of sides like Stoke and Wolves who are very physical but even at that, I wouldn't describe them in the way Voronin has.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 am

I agree with him, I definitely feel cheated if someone doesn't get a severe injury over 90 minutes of football.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:36 am

He's Ukrainian, I'm sure he's tougher than a lot of the Englishmen in the league. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:36 am

The miss at Goodison and away at Lyon in the Champions League. Neutral
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:37 am

cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

There are a couple of sides like Stoke and Wolves who are very physical but even at that, I wouldn't describe them in the way Voronin has.
    I would.

Every team other than Arsenal, Wigan, Tottenham and United are long ball teams.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:38 am

Roloman4 wrote:He's Ukrainian, I'm sure he's tougher than a lot of the Englishmen in the league. Neutral

Racist.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:40 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

I would.

A bit unfair on Liverpool. I was actually quite impressed with the way they played during the 2nd half of the season. You certainly couldn't accuse them of long ball tactics in the games against Man United and Fulham.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:41 am

cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

I would.

A bit unfair on Liverpool. I was actually quite impressed with the way they played during the 2nd half of the season. You certainly couldn't accuse them of long ball tactics in the games against Man United and Fulham.
    Kenny is renowned for negative football, this is another reason why they should of kept Roy Hogdson. If the pressure is on Liverpool they play long ball tactics.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:41 am

Aaron wrote:The miss at Goodison and away at Lyon in the Champions League. Neutral

The latter one still hurts. Saw it coming even before he took the shot.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:42 am

Liverpool vs Braga was the best example I have ever seen of long ball tactics.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:44 am

Why would any mid level team bring in that pile of shit let alone Liverpool
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:45 am

He's right, thankfully though he's moved on to bigger and better things, playing against the likes of Anzi Makhackhla and of course who could forget Kryala Soritov
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:47 am

Fonseca wrote:Why would any mid level team bring in that pile of shit let alone Liverpool

He truly is one of the worst footballers I have ever watched for Liverpool.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:47 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:He said MOST of the teams.

I would.

Kenny is renowned for negative football, this is another reason why they should of kept Roy Hogdson. If the pressure is on Liverpool they play long ball tactics.
    Dalglish may be known for negative tactics, but he deserves praise for abandoning them this season and playing a more exciting style of football. Hodgson just wasn't working out and even though it was harsh he had to go.

Only time will tell as to whether Liverpool decide to resort to long ball tactics next season when the pressure is on.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:48 am

Aaron wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:Why would any mid level team bring in that pile of shit let alone Liverpool

He truly is one of the worst footballers I have ever watched for Liverpool.

Agreed
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:

I would.

Funny that none of those teams have won anything, suppose it shows how effective it is against teams which play the good English way.

Especially true for West Ham. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 pm