Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
dena
SBSP
LFC_Grunners
Lux
ShakerMatty
Uncle John from Jamaica
Scuba Steve
George
coolhead33
Danny
Barton
easley91
VivaRonaldoLAD
Laurencio
Grenade
Van Wolfswinkel
Drake
Carlos Jenkinson
moscowmadeit3
Zzonked
Kuled
Benitez
Jeff
drivescore
Andy
29 posters

Why do people dislike the England National Team?

Anonymous

Why do people dislike the England National Team? Empty Why do people dislike the England National Team?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:04 am

have some pride in your nationality ffs Neutral
    Anonymous

Why do people dislike the England National Team? Empty Re: Why do people dislike the England National Team?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:06 am

Most likely rivalry between clubs. I don't think many Man U fans want to back Gerrard or many Liverpool fans back Rooney.

It's mostly lower league supporters that support the national team. Whether that is because they'll get to see the top players for once or because they have pride in their nation, i don't know.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Why do people dislike the England National Team? Empty Re: Why do people dislike the England National Team?

Post by Andy Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:08 am

I don't dislike them, I just rather watch the club I support play.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:09 am

Most of the players are cunts.
    drivescore
    drivescore

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Bayern Munich, Liverpool FC

Post by drivescore Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:12 am

I love my National team.
    To be honest I don't like the disrespect the England team gets from it's fans.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:13 am

There shit
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:13 am

Jeff wrote:There shit
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:15 am

I used to support them massively back in the day. Like, I remember following the 2002 World Cup and was gutted when Brazil knocked England out.

Over time, my feelings towards England have slowly faded and I'm not sure why.

Having said that, I supported them massively the last World Cup.

I recall the build up to the World Cup being full of very intense, heated discussions about how USA were better than England, and vice-versa (on the EA forums).

Then the game came, which ended 1-1 and EA was full of non-stop trolling about how the USA 'won' 1-1, and about Green's blunder, etc, etc. The game didn't settle anything at all Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:16 am

Not really about them being shit, but there's so much controversy surrounding them, it's like the country doesn't back the national team, it feels more like just a bunch of high paid players wearing a white shirt and not doing very well.. it's hard to be passionate about the national team when there is really no English pride amongst it.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:18 am

We can all unite cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:19 am

Jeff wrote:There shit

They're shite.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:23 am

Ed wrote:have some pride in your nationality ffs Neutral

I don't dislike the England national team, but why should I take pride in my nationality? I did absolutely nothing to attain it, I was just lucky enough to be born here. I don't inherently love everything about this country just because I was born here.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:23 am

Do see how I can go from hating players like Terry, Gerrard, Cole, Lampard (Basically any non United player) then cheering them a few months later?

England fans singing "stand up if you hate man u" when players such as Neville, Beckham, Scholes and Rooney are playing.

Fans booing the 50th anniversary of Munich at wembley.

The fact United players always get the blame for every failure. But then go mental when Beckham scores in 2002 against Greece. As well as booing them and burning pictures of them, after world cup 98.

United > Ingerland.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:23 am

I think it's just a bandwagon that fans of big clubs like to jump on, as if to show people they're cool by not supporting their national team, trying to enhance the fact they like to show they are a loyal fan of their club despite never actually going to a game.

People that say we are shit are also brainwashed by the media. We are not shit. We are actually a very good footballing nation and rightfully amongst the top 10 in the world. But our deluded media portray us as world beaters, resulting in the shit fans to jump on the teams back and start being negative when we only reach a quarter final for example.

Also, a lot of people say club > country, but if you go to a major tournament in your lifetime, you will not have any experience like it in supporting your club.

So at the end of the day, it's just the glory hunters that dislike the National Team
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:27 am

Billy Davies wrote:I think it's just a bandwagon that fans of big clubs like to jump on, as if to show people they're cool by not supporting their national team, trying to enhance the fact they like to show they are a loyal fan of their club despite never actually going to a game.

People that say we are shit are also brainwashed by the media. We are not shit. We are actually a very good footballing nation and rightfully amongst the top 10 in the world. But our deluded media portray us as world beaters, resulting in the shit fans to jump on the teams back and start being negative when we only reach a quarter final for example.

Also, a lot of people say club > country, but if you go to a major tournament in your lifetime, you will not have any experience like it in supporting your club.

So at the end of the day, it's just the glory hunters that dislike the National Team

Maybe in England, but not anywhere else, Every Spanish person i know loves our national team and most more than the club they support, and i know alot of Barcelona fans.

English media is fucked up though, for example, if England beat someone 3-0, and an England player got sent off, instead of having the score on the back page of the paper, it would be all about the red card and negatives, it seems like the media hate England.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:29 am

Too many glory hunting bellends who won't get behind the team unless they win something, there's no surprise you get lower league fans dominating english support
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:31 am

Benitez wrote:
    Billy Davies wrote:I think it's just a bandwagon that fans of big clubs like to jump on, as if to show people they're cool by not supporting their national team, trying to enhance the fact they like to show they are a loyal fan of their club despite never actually going to a game.

Maybe in England, but not anywhere else, Every Spanish person i know loves our national team and most more than the club they support, and i know alot of Barcelona fans.

English media is fucked up though, for example, if England beat someone 3-0, and an England player got sent off, instead of having the score on the back page of the paper, it would be all about the red card and negatives, it seems like the media hate England.

rofl Give it up
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:33 am

I support the national team. I'm in the country > club camp. Ultimate goal for a player should be to play for their country with pride.

A lot of the current team don't seem to care though....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:34 am

Couldn't give a shit about Ingerlund. Mischief

If England matches were clashing with Emmerdale, I would rather watch Emmerdale.
    drivescore
    drivescore

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Bayern Munich, Liverpool FC

Post by drivescore Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:36 am

Agree with Point "Ultimate goal for a player should be to play for their country with pride."
    I also follow Country>Club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:36 am

The country definitely misses the likes of Stuart Pearce playing. So much passion.

It's a shame Steven Taylor got injured, reckon he could have been a sneaky bet for the Euro squad.

Remember in a penalty shoot out against Holland he stepped up injure then put away his kick an did the famous Pearce celebration. He's a passionate lad.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:38 am

After Capello didn't pick Robbo for the world cup and picked Green i haven't watched England.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:41 am

Its strange, I hate them during the qualifying, yet always get sucked into supporting them at major competitions Laughing Would probably take more interest if a few people I think deserve to get in did so.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:42 am

I'd have thought most of the England fans would be top-4 supporters, just so they can bum Rooney/Rio, Terry/Lampard, Gerrard, etc. It seems not.

I think all these shite friendlies don't help, nobody wants to watch them and even the players don't want to play them.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:48 am

I've slowly started to lose my feelings for England. It's mainly because players have very little pride playing for England nowadays it seems.

I prefer the current u-21 side to be totally honest.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:49 am

Cause they mostly act like spoilt children who will throw their toys out the pram if something goes against them. There's no feeling of them ever being a "team", it's always about themselves. Yhere's been an obvious lack of any player sacrificing himself for the good of the team, most of the time it's been about sacrificing your team for your own benefit.

I think the world cup fiasco of 2010 and the new John Terry fiasco of 2012 are the perfect examples of how the team doesn't even matter to the players. John Terry pissy because he's not captain so now he considers to retire? Fuck off. The so called "golden generation" of English football have mostly proven to be childish, money-grabbing, prideless cowards who would never win a world cup even if every single one of them had the talent of Lionel Messi.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:50 am

Club first. Always.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:51 am

I don't hate England, just hate how it's run and who picks the squads and what players he picks. It does seem though, that many players don't show enough pride when wearing the shirt. Once they start showing that, I think people will start liking them again.

People who dislike the team just because 'we're shit' be thankful we're not the likes of Fiji etc. I don't understand how you can hate the England team. The whole club v country stuff is stupid. Friendlies are played at stupid times yes, but we got to deal with it. I could hate England because Defoe and Dawson and Lennon never get a look in, or because the first two got badly injured while on duty. But, I don't, because I like seeing Spurs players playing for England and showing pride while doing it, they deserve their call ups and caps.

Majority of fans have lost interest I think. Maybe taking the team around the country like we did before the new Wembley will help. Gives fans all around the country the chance to see the national side.

I do think that after the Euros, we'll have a brighter future. In Harry we trust.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:53 am

easley91 wrote:I don't hate England, just hate how it's run and who picks the squads and what players he picks. It does seem though, that many players don't show enough pride when wearing the shirt. Once they start showing that, I think people will start liking them again.

People who dislike the team just because 'we're shit' be thankful we're not the likes of Fiji etc. I don't understand how you can hate the England team. The whole club v country stuff is stupid. Friendlies are played at stupid times yes, but we got to deal with it. I could hate England because Defoe and Dawson and Lennon never get a look in, or because the first two got badly injured while on duty. But, I don't, because I like seeing Spurs players playing for England and showing pride while doing it, they deserve their call ups and caps.

Majority of fans have lost interest I think. Maybe taking the team around the country like we did before the new Wembley will help. Gives fans all around the country the chance to see the national side.

I do think that after the Euros, we'll have a brighter future. In Harry we trust.

Tbh it's more about who's willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money just to see a friendly match.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:58 am

I find international games boring as fuck. Especially England games. Unless its the World Cup or Euros. I am alway split between supporting my duel nationality. I normally support both England and Germany but when they face I just watch it as a neutral.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:36 am