Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Danny
Grenade
Cadbury
Jordi
Lux
Bull
Andy
SBSP
Jord
Uncle John from Jamaica
Laurencio
ResurrectionRooney
16 posters

Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez?

Poll

Does Evra deserve abuse?

[ 2 ]
    Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Bar_left6%Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Bar_left42%Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Bar_right [42%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Bar_left6%Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 16 ]
    Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Bar_left44%Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Bar_left2%Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Bar_right [2%] 

Total Votes: 36
    Anonymous

Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Empty Re: Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:19 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    InGlennyWeTrust wrote:April 2, 2011.
    'Twas the night before my birthday, and all through the town,
    not a Collison was stirring, not even a Mark Noble.
    The ball was placed on the penalty spot with care,
    in the hopes that the Premier League Title would soon be theirs.

He didn't tell anyone to fuck off on that day to my knowledge. He said 'What? What? Fucking What?' or something along those lines, but it was directed at no-one in particular, and he immediately apologised.
    I am glad to hear that he apologised. That does not erase the months of trauma and sickening disbelief that it brought to my family and millions of other viewers of the English Premier League on television. If it was directed at nobody in particular, why did he speak directly into the camera, making strong eye contact with millions of innocent viewers of the English Premier League? Surely he could have launched that vicious, ear raping tirade into the sky, to the ground, or even just contained the outburst like a civilised human being?
    Anonymous

Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 Empty Re: Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Alan wrote:

Now is that not a contradiction, you have spoke about all things Liverpool from years ago and made a vile comment or two about Hillsborough and other things.

Hillsborough is a topic that Liverpool fans often bring up because you have a lot of problems with what happened on that day - you are constantly demanding official answers about what happened, while claiming to already know for sure. When the topic comes up, in the media, or on here, I will comment on it, as I do with a variety of other issues. Cantona making fouls in the 1980s or Mark Bosnich making anti-Semitic salutes are issues that never come up in the media, or on here, unless you bring them up.

So you dont even know your clubs history, Cantona did not play for United in the 80,s and you have yourself on many occasion's brought things up yourself about Liverpool that have not been callied for or have been brought up from media stories from years ago, so maybe take a look at things that have happened at your club. And i think a lot of people who were there at Hillsborough saw what actually happened.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:22 pm

It was an emotional outburst, people often behave irrationally when they are making emotional outbursts. I have forgiven him, I hope you and your family can do the same.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Alan wrote:

Hillsborough is a topic that Liverpool fans often bring up because you have a lot of problems with what happened on that day - you are constantly demanding official answers about what happened, while claiming to already know for sure. When the topic comes up, in the media, or on here, I will comment on it, as I do with a variety of other issues. Cantona making fouls in the 1980s or Mark Bosnich making anti-Semitic salutes are issues that never come up in the media, or on here, unless you bring them up.

So you dont even know your clubs history, Cantona did not play for United in the 80,s and you have yourself on many occasion's brought things up yourself about Liverpool that have not been callied for or have been brought up from media stories from years ago, so maybe take a look at things that have happened at your club. And i think a lot of people who were there at Hillsborough saw what actually happened.

I believe the foul you constantly bring up took place in the 1980s. Perhaps it was the 1990s, I don't know, I don't care, it was a fucking long time ago.

I'm fully aware that my club is not perfect, in fact if you read my posts, I am often critical of my own club. I don't know where you get this idea that I think United are perfect and Liverpool are evil, I simply don't attach as much importance to Bosnich and Cantona's indiscretions as you do, chiefly because they occurred decades ago and weren't really that significant.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:26 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It was an emotional outburst, people often behave irrationally when they are making emotional outbursts. I have forgiven him, I hope you and your family can do the same.
    I will bring it up at the next clan meeting. Whether we will decide to do so is a democratic matter.

However, when a respectable player scores, his initial reaction should be to celebrate with his teammates who made that goal possible. Take Glen Johnson's goal at Chelsea for example. After slotting home, cool as a cucumber, past the onrushing keeper, he ran over to embrace his ecstatic teammates, acknowledging their involvements in the goal. Compare that to the individual who decided to send an ear bashing volley of deplorable, profane insults to television viewers worldwide. If England is attempting to release itself from the stigma of hooliganism, that is the last thing that is needed.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:28 pm

InGlennyWeTrust wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:It was an emotional outburst, people often behave irrationally when they are making emotional outbursts. I have forgiven him, I hope you and your family can do the same.
    I will bring it up at the next clan meeting. Whether we will decide to do so is a democratic matter.

However, when a respectable player scores, his initial reaction should be to celebrate with his teammates who made that goal possible. Take Glen Johnson's goal at Chelsea for example. After slotting home, cool as a cucumber, past the onrushing keeper, he ran over to embrace his ecstatic teammates, acknowledging their involvements in the goal. Compare that to the individual who decided to send an ear bashing volley of deplorable, profane insults to television viewers worldwide. If England is attempting to release itself from the stigma of hooliganism, that is the last thing that is needed.

It was regrettable. I believe his joyous and unusual celebration after his goal against Chelsea days later was a way of showing he had learnt his lesson.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 pm

InGlennyWeTrust wrote:I will bring it up at the next clan meeting. Whether we will decide to do so is a democratic matter.

It was regrettable. I believe his joyous and unusual celebration after his goal against Chelsea days later was a way of showing he had learnt his lesson.

It is nice to see that he learned from his mistake. Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 207657 Hopefully other footballers can follow suit. I am a strong believer in the re-assimilation of ex convicts into society.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Alan wrote:

I believe the foul you constantly bring up took place in the 1980s. Perhaps it was the 1990s, I don't know, I don't care, it was a fucking long time ago.

I'm fully aware that my club is not perfect, in fact if you read my posts, I am often critical of my own club. I don't know where you get this idea that I think United are perfect and Liverpool are evil, I simply don't attach as much importance to Bosnich and Cantona's indiscretions as you do, chiefly because they occurred decades ago and weren't really that significant.

Yet everything Liverpool is significant scratch I think you are just telling lies.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:33 pm

InGlennyWeTrust wrote:

It is nice to see that he learned from his mistake. Does Evra deserve abuse & vilification regarding Suarez? - Page 4 207657 Hopefully other footballers can follow suit. I am a strong believer in the re-assimilation of ex convicts into society.

So am I. There is a reason Norway have such an excellent standard of life and low reoffending rate. This is why I am so disappointed by Luis Suarez's refusal to give a full public apology to Patrice Evra.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:34 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:So am I. There is a reason Norway have such an excellent standard of life and low reoffending rate. This is why I am so disappointed by Luis Suarez's refusal to give a full public apology to Patrice Evra.
    Given that Suarez is refusing to directly apologise, I can only hope that in his heart of hearts, he truly meant no offense. Otherwise, he is doing the world of football a great disservice.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:35 pm

Alan wrote:

Yet everything Liverpool is significant scratch I think you are just telling lies.

96 football fans dying or 36 football fans being murdered is much more significant than Cantona doing a terrible foul or Mark Bosnich winding up Tottenham fans in an offensive way. I hope you agree with me on that. Further, issues that occur more recently are more significant, at least as far as serious discussion is concerned.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Alan wrote:

96 football fans dying or 36 football fans being murdered is much more significant than Cantona doing a terrible foul or Mark Bosnich winding up Tottenham fans in an offensive way. I hope you agree with me on that. Further, issues that occur more recently are more significant, at least as far as serious discussion is concerned.

Yes and why do you not get the correct story and speak of the fans from other well known hooligan firms who were also there at Heysel that night, and the fact that the police did not have control of who was getting into that ground. Yes some Liverpool fans have to take the blame but did that mean all those fans were hooligans, and what about the Italian fans who were throwing concrete at Liverpool players and the italian running around the stadium with a gun.

Or the United fans who a year before were throwing golf balls at Liverpool fans that had 6 inch nails sticking out them, did that mean all United fans were hooligans.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Alan wrote:

Yes and why do you not get the correct story and speak of the fans from other well known hooligan firms who were also there at Heysel that night, and the fact that the police did not have control of who was getting into that ground. Yes some Liverpool fans have to take the blame but did that mean all those fans were hooligans, and what about the Italian fans who were throwing concrete at Liverpool players and the italian running around the stadium with a gun.

Or the United fans who a year before were throwing golf balls at Liverpool fans that had 6 inch nails sticking out them, did that mean all United fans were hooligans.

I know the Echo tried to shift the blame onto Chelsea. One Italian in the stadium with a starting pistol does not mean they deserved what happened to them.

And no, of course not, I have never tried to say all Liverpool fans are or were hooligans.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:01 am

I don't know if this has been covered in this thread as I haven't read it, but even though Evra doesn't deserve abuse and vilification for reporting racism, the way he has 'reported' it, is nothing to be lauded.

Also, Evra has been a huge cunt throughout his career and hasn't made many fans. This Suarez case is just an opportunity more than anything for people to display their disdain at the man.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:31 am