Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
fluffy_kittens
Steadman
moscowmadeit3
SBSP
Carlos Jenkinson
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
samiz
Phadunkin Donuts
Zzonked
Kuled
Mason
Cadbury
Gegilworld93
MattSpur
Paulinho
Mal
Keanoo
The Bat-Man
Van Wolfswinkel
Walcott
Jeff
Potato-7
jeb4eva
Grenade
arsenalap11
Harrold
crump
31 posters

Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm |

Anonymous

Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 12 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm |

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:35 am

SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

They fucking should. And there's no guarantee that they would get smashed. West Brom demolished us last season by scoring three goals at the Emirates. That is a fucking commendable performance, not the excrement that Wolves produced. I don't expect them to come out and play attacking football, I expect them to have the ambition to win the game.

Because they were managing to produce some attacks in the first half when they needed to score a goal. The rift between the top teams and the bottom teams in the Premier League isn't so huge that a team like Wolves wouldn't be able to threaten us. And I am aware that they had more shots on target than we did at the Camp Nou. Do you think that even comes close to showing me anything mildly meaningful? If you want to use a statistic, you better fucking provide some interpretation to back it up. A statistic on its own is absolutely inane.

So do you expect Wolves to go all out attacking and came out with 0 points and a huge dent in their goal difference? They did that against Man United and it got them nowhere, the fact is football isn't all about attacking football and tactics play a big part of it. Arsenal had their chances and failed to take them. Wolves now have an extra point in their fight to stay up and I really don't think any of their fans give a toss whether they parked the bus or not.

Something else that obviously would have affected their tactics is the fact that O'Hara was out and Doyle is just recovering.

Tactics? What fucking tactics? Throwing ten men in the box is tactics? Again, this is exactly why England are such a backward footballing nation. I've already said that I don't expect them to go all out attack, I expect them to have the ambition to win. Defend and play on the counter-attack, do whatever it takes, but show that there is a desire to win. And I'm perfectly aware that their fans don't give a toss how they got the point because this kind of abhorrent football is the only kind they've ever witnessed. They should expect better, they should demand better. England as a country should demand better.
    Anonymous

Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 12 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm |

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:37 am

The Zlatan wrote:I would just like to make it clear that I haven't once mentioned anything about the game in this thread. Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 12 28973

I have nothing to say on the matter. Although when some one enters a thread with an intent of patronising and winding up opposition fans, he isn't going to get constructive and sensible responses.

it's not patronising. i'm expressing my opinion. i think the forum dwelling Arsenal fans in their droves are spouting vitriolic nonsense about Wolves' performance and my beloved club in general.

i don't include every Arsenal fan, you must understand. most of my closest mates are gooners and the majority of my extended family (all season ticket holders might i add - in the old ground as well as the new!). i grew up in an Arsenal environment. i've had a soft spot for them in the past until we started playing the cheating cunts on a regular basis. i've seen Arsenal play live more than any other team other than Wolves and England. i would guess at 20 games at Highbury, not including 2 Wolves visits. i reckon thats more than most of y'all.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:39 am

Well, yes it is. Blade, I don't think I've ever read a post from you where I don't get the impression your a bitter, angry man. The fact is, Wolves played the best way that was suited to the situation, had Arsenal ever been in a situation that Wolves are in atm, you may understand.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:42 am

SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:Well, yes it is. Blade, I don't think I've ever read a post from you where I don't get the impression your a bitter, angry man. The fact is, Wolves played the best way that was suited to the situation, had Arsenal ever been in a situation that Wolves are in atm, you may understand.

Yeah, it's not like Arsenal were ever considered the most boring team in the country and had a famous chant that involved a scoreline attributed to them.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:48 am

A chant of people calling you boring? Thats it? Okaaaaaaay.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:50 am

SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:A chant of people calling you boring? Thats it? Okaaaaaaay.

You're being stupid on purpose now. You know that we were renowned for being the most boring team in the country when George Graham was the manager.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:01 am

And how is this relevant?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:05 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

You were a mid table team? for 1 season under Bruce Rioch? inbetween winning countless trophies? when were Arsenal consistently a mid table team during a history which places them 3rd in the all time list of successful clubs in England? when exactly was this?

We finished 10th and 12th on two separate occasions during the early Premier League years before Wenger became manager. We certainly weren't anywhere near as good as we are now.

I forgot about Stewart Houston, and the turmoil created at the club after George Graham and his brown paper envelopes. so there were 2 seasons between winning lots of trophies with George Graham and lots of trophies under Arsene Wenger followed by lots of entertaining football (which you never played under Graham - and Arsenal fans were not complaining then!) but no trophies for 6? years and counting.

you are right, Arsenal are a far more entertaining team than they were under Graham (a time when Arsenal's infrastructure and resources were very similar to that of Man U, Liverpool, Villa and Everton - not lagging behind as you wrongly suggested). but since the dawn of the premier league and the ridiculous sums earned just by playing in the group stages of the champions league, Arsenal have had an advantage over most clubs when it comes to spending power, infrastructure and attracting players purely through being in London!

You don't think the improvement Arsenal have made in recent years is directly correlated to the riches in the modern game? Wengers achievements have been fantastic, but Arsenal have always been well placed to take advantage and being in the right place at the right time (ala Stephen Fletcher) has something to do with it!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:05 am

SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:And how is this relevant?

Oh, I get it, I need to spell things out word for word for you. We were boring because we played defensive football, much like the football that Wolves produced on Tuesday. But now, we play attacking, aesthetically pleasing football. So in a way, I understand the situation that a team like Wolves is currently in and have every right to condemn it.

Does it make sense now?
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:07 am

No because they are 2 completely different situations, Arsenal were not fighting relegation in that period, they werent playing teams with much better players, they just played boring football
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:10 am

As soon as Arsenal went 1 - 0 up 10 men would be put behind the ball, Wolves did this on Tuesday to get a result, similar situation, different objective Laughing Both fighting to get points.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:11 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:Well, yes it is. Blade, I don't think I've ever read a post from you where I don't get the impression your a bitter, angry man. The fact is, Wolves played the best way that was suited to the situation, had Arsenal ever been in a situation that Wolves are in atm, you may understand.

Yeah, it's not like Arsenal were ever considered the most boring team in the country and had a famous chant that involved a scoreline attributed to them.

ha. yeah George Grahams "we won the league on merseyside" team are a forerunner to todays Wolverhampton Wanderers. maybe if you were on the wrong end of that 1 0 scoreline 25 times a season you could rightly draw a comparison. but please, we are nothing like the classy, calm, well drilled, well oiled team that George Graham assembled. holy shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:12 am

Sean wrote:No because they are 2 completely different situations, Arsenal were not fighting relegation in that period, they werent playing teams with much better players, they just played boring football

We were playing unambitious, defensive football. When George Graham left, we were in the doldrums and were effectively a mid-table team. Certainly not as bad as Wolves, but we were by no means a great side. That changed entirely in two seasons without huge spending. And we've managed to sustain ourselves over the years with consistently minimal spending.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:14 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

ha. yeah George Grahams "we won the league on merseyside" team are a forerunner to todays Wolverhampton Wanderers. maybe if you were on the wrong end of that 1 0 scoreline 25 times a season you could rightly draw a comparison. but please, we are nothing like the classy, calm, well drilled, well oiled team that George Graham assembled. holy shit.

Never said that it was a direct comparison, but there are similar elements.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:15 am

No need to be a cunt about it Blade facepalm For your information I was on about Wolves battling for survival, not the fact that they played defensively.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:17 am

SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:No need to be a cunt about it Blade Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 12 58503 For your information I was on about Wolves battling for survival, not the fact that they played defensively.

I didn't want to be a cunt about it, but then you called me a "bitter, angry man". Don't antagonise and then not expect to be antagonised back.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:17 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:No need to be a cunt about it Blade Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 12 58503 For your information I was on about Wolves battling for survival, not the fact that they played defensively.

I didn't want to be a cunt about it, but then you called me a "bitter, angry man". Don't antagonise and then not expect to be antagonised back.

Interesting, definitely bitter and angry.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:20 am

BladeGunner wrote:

No need to be a cunt about it, Sammy.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:20 am

Welcome back 'orrible.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:21 am

Nasty stuff.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:23 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:And how is this relevant?

Oh, I get it, I need to spell things out word for word for you. We were boring because we played defensive football, much like the football that Wolves produced on Tuesday. But now, we play attacking, aesthetically pleasing football. So in a way, I understand the situation that a team like Wolves is currently in and have every right to condemn it.

Does it make sense now?

but you done this every single week and were successful. you said in an earlier post and are insinuating now that Wolves play this boring brand of non-football every week! FUCK, you have no idea. against Norwich which we drew 2 2 - a poor result at home - we were entertaining as fuck, as were Norwich, but when 2 equally matched teams square off you'd expect 'em to have a go at one another right?

Wigan, another open game - lacking in skill but full of guts and thunder - 3 1 win.

Newcastle, dyer first half, trounced 'em in the second - lost 2 1. perfectly good goal disallowed at the death would have been 2 2.

Fulham, most one sided game (in our favour) i have seen since being in the PL. bossed 'em from start to finish.

Blackburn, really good game. chances at both ends Wolves win 2 1.

do you honestly think the alsorans play against each other the same as when they play the big clubs? you live in a dream world and you're embarrasing yourself with what is clearly a lack of football knowledge outside of the sky 4/5/6.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:27 am

Kuled wrote:Welcome back 'orrible.

why thank you. nice to be back.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:29 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

Does it make sense now?

but you done this every single week and were successful. you said in an earlier post and are insinuating now that Wolves play this boring brand of non-football every week! FUCK, you have no idea. against Norwich which we drew 2 2 - a poor result at home - we were entertaining as fuck, as were Norwich, but when 2 equally matched teams square off you'd expect 'em to have a go at one another right?

Wigan, another open game - lacking in skill but full of guts and thunder - 3 1 win.

Newcastle, dyer first half, trounced 'em in the second - lost 2 1. perfectly good goal disallowed at the death would have been 2 2.

Fulham, most one sided game (in our favour) i have seen since being in the PL. bossed 'em from start to finish.

Blackburn, really good game. chances at both ends Wolves win 2 1.

do you honestly think the alsorans play against each other the same as when they play the big clubs? you live in a dream world and you're embarrasing yourself with what is clearly a lack of football knowledge outside of the sky 4/5/6.

I never even fucking claimed that Wolves did that week in, week out. Don't make shit up just to win an argument. Not once did I even bring any other match into question other than the one played on Tuesday. I was generally questioning the lack of ambition to win every single match out there. Do you think I fucking watch Wolves every week and just spend my days condemning everything about the club? Obviously fucking not.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:44 am

BladeGunner wrote:

Tactics? What fucking tactics? Throwing ten men in the box is tactics? Again, this is exactly why England are such a backward footballing nation. I've already said that I don't expect them to go all out attack, I expect them to have the ambition to win. Defend and play on the counter-attack, do whatever it takes, but show that there is a desire to win. And I'm perfectly aware that their fans don't give a toss how they got the point because this kind of abhorrent football is the only kind they've ever witnessed. They should expect better, they should demand better. England as a country should demand better.

This insinuates that we as fans are happy to watch the dross we peddled out on tuesday every week. we do expect better and against 15 teams we get much better. but we are realistic and know that backs to the wall, last ditch defending is sometimes all we are gonna muster against a team that makes 700 passes in 90 minutes. we were chasing shadows the entire second half, but we kept tight and kept you at bay - just.

21 minutes with 10 men didn't help matters either did it. our most used attacking outlet - down the wing to jarvis - was rendered useless cos' he was tracking back so much. we needed bodies in the box and it worked.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:49 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

Never said that it was a direct comparison, but there are similar elements.

our defensive style is so much different to Keown, Adams, Bould, and Dixon. you went 1 up and they were effortlessly in control. clearing their lines and retaining the ball. they never invited pressure.

every punt up field fell to a red shirt on tuesday, we were constantly under the kosh. there is NO comparison.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:57 am

BladeGunner wrote:

Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 12 Tumblr_ltovd43ZRX1qdnnf4o3_250

Its the way I am.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:16 am

don't take your useless gifs to the playmaker as well Neutral

I like you but it makes you look like 13.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:18 am

BladeGunner wrote:

Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 12 Tumblr_ltovd43ZRX1qdnnf4o3_250

Its the way I am.

I see enough of that shit on EA ta.

Besides, what's all the arguing about..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:55 am