Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
fluffy_kittens
Steadman
moscowmadeit3
SBSP
Carlos Jenkinson
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
samiz
Phadunkin Donuts
Zzonked
Kuled
Mason
Cadbury
Gegilworld93
MattSpur
Paulinho
Mal
Keanoo
The Bat-Man
Van Wolfswinkel
Walcott
Jeff
Potato-7
jeb4eva
Grenade
arsenalap11
Harrold
crump
31 posters

Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm |

Anonymous

Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 11 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm |

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:17 am

COYS wrote:Wait the football league show has been cancelled?!?
    What? eek
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 11 Empty Re: Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm |

Post by The Zlatan Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:18 am

Ok, you got me. I'll sit back and look on in jealousy as you hold such a prestigious trophy over us. nPower Championship not worthy
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:18 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

Can't respond to your bullshit in any other way really. Maybe if you weren't a complete and utter ass, I would have bothered formulating a constructive response.

Hows about appreciating that a team that was assembled for a pittance compared to good 'ol Arsenal can't go toe to toe with 'em, and that this 1 point could be the difference between relegation and the continued progression of a once great club who spent 20 years in the wilderness following near oblivion.

Fuck, we happen to be building slowly, starting with infrastructure so that some day in the not too distant future we can buy the better players required to play a higher standard of football in one of the hardest leagues in the World. We are not throwing caution to the wind as Hull, Leeds, Birmingham & Portsmouth have all done in recent years!

In the event of our relegation, we wouldn't have to offload many players. we don't pay stupid wages, don't pay silly fees and we live within our means. yeah, we'd lose a few of our top players but we would keep the nucleus of the team that got us promoted, and most of the team which has kept us up twice already - we wouldn't have to start again!

to put things into perspective for you, our 4 top earners combined, earn less than RVP every week. our conservative play has kept us in the greed league for 2 seasons already, enabling us to start rebuilding a fast outdated stadium and slowly but surely invest in better first team personnel.

I can understand a little bias towards ones team but the convaluted shit Arsenal fans have spouted about Tuesdays game is too much to bare. Song should have been sent off, Milijas shouldn't. Arsenal outplayed Wolves for 90 minutes bar a few attacks almost exclusively in the first half, unfortunately for them the best player on the park that day was Wayne Hennessey. Perhaps had your precious RVP rattled in another goal to add to his mightily impressive haul then we may have been forced to come out a little but our tactics coupled with a Welsh Goalkeeper meant you couldn't and we didn't have to.

That's Football!

enjoy your Thursday nights on ITV4 next season. x.
    Dave your team sucks because my team and their millions of pounds in attacking options couldn't break down your tean's scrappy defense. And I'm really bitter about it, and its all your fault that you support a shitty team. Next time you come to my stadium, please ensure that the next time we play, your team sets out with three strikers and only one true defender.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:21 am

Fonseca wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

No, i'm not worried. unlike you i'm normally still enjoying my day out at the football when the highlights are shown.

What with being a dedicated season ticket holder and all, i don't have any need for poorly put together highlight reels.

Good one, you should put that money towards getting better literacy skills

i'll put it towards paying off my student loan instead. qualifications coming out my arse. how foolish of me to not know i need perfect grammar on a forum.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:21 am

Stop being cnuts. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:23 am

kyro7 wrote:
    COYS wrote:Wait the football league show has been cancelled?!?
    What? eek

Someone higher up on the last page said it had been Run
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:23 am

Scuba Steve wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

Hows about appreciating that a team that was assembled for a pittance compared to good 'ol Arsenal can't go toe to toe with 'em, and that this 1 point could be the difference between relegation and the continued progression of a once great club who spent 20 years in the wilderness following near oblivion.

Fuck, we happen to be building slowly, starting with infrastructure so that some day in the not too distant future we can buy the better players required to play a higher standard of football in one of the hardest leagues in the World. We are not throwing caution to the wind as Hull, Leeds, Birmingham & Portsmouth have all done in recent years!

In the event of our relegation, we wouldn't have to offload many players. we don't pay stupid wages, don't pay silly fees and we live within our means. yeah, we'd lose a few of our top players but we would keep the nucleus of the team that got us promoted, and most of the team which has kept us up twice already - we wouldn't have to start again!

to put things into perspective for you, our 4 top earners combined, earn less than RVP every week. our conservative play has kept us in the greed league for 2 seasons already, enabling us to start rebuilding a fast outdated stadium and slowly but surely invest in better first team personnel.

I can understand a little bias towards ones team but the convaluted shit Arsenal fans have spouted about Tuesdays game is too much to bare. Song should have been sent off, Milijas shouldn't. Arsenal outplayed Wolves for 90 minutes bar a few attacks almost exclusively in the first half, unfortunately for them the best player on the park that day was Wayne Hennessey. Perhaps had your precious RVP rattled in another goal to add to his mightily impressive haul then we may have been forced to come out a little but our tactics coupled with a Welsh Goalkeeper meant you couldn't and we didn't have to.

That's Football!

enjoy your Thursday nights on ITV4 next season. x.
    Dave your team sucks because my team and their millions of pounds in attacking options couldn't break down your tean's scrappy defense. And I'm really bitter about it, and its all your fault that you support a shitty team. Next time you come to my stadium, please ensure that the next time we play, your team sets out with three strikers and only one true defender.

i'll pass your thoughts on to Mr. McCarthy, but he's a stubborn bastard so expect more of the same upon our next visit.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:24 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:

Good one, you should put that money towards getting better literacy skills

i'll put it towards paying off my student loan instead. qualifications coming out my arse. how foolish of me to not know i need perfect grammar on a forum.

University of Cavemen?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:27 am

The Zlatan wrote:Ok, you got me. I'll sit back and look on in jealousy as you hold such a prestigious trophy over us. nPower Championship Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 11 914411

Success is relative. can you not understand that?

do you not realise that us Wolves fans are far happier with our current position than Arsenal fans are of theirs?

If we finish 17th again this season, it will be deemed a success. if you come 5th.....................
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:28 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    The Zlatan wrote:Ok, you got me. I'll sit back and look on in jealousy as you hold such a prestigious trophy over us. nPower Championship Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 11 914411

do you not realise that us Wolves fans are far happier with our current position than Arsenal fans are of theirs?

If we finish 17th again this season, it will be deemed a success. if you come 5th.....................

That's because we are a bigger and better team than you, we have much, much higher expectations.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:29 am

Fonseca wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

University of Cavemen?

Wow, i'm gonna have to bow to your superior wit.

the University of Cavemen indeed..................................... i just fell off my sofa, i'm laughing so much.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:46 am

The Zlatan wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:

That's because we are a bigger and better team than you, we have much, much higher expectations.

I know you probably think i'm gutted by this revelation, but.............. that's kind of my point. of course you're the bigger club, of course you have a better team, and you should expect to beat us every time you play us. i get that.

But where's the humility? where is the credit if not to Wolves the team, or McCarthy the manager. but to a young Welsh international Goalkeeper who had his best game since his last visit to the Emirates where he single handedly stopped the result from looking like a cricket score?

Arsenal batered us in the second half, Arsenal failed to win, not because they are not good enough but because our Goalkeeper was too fucking good for you on the day! Arsenal resorted to dirty underhanded cheating in order to gain the upper hand, and then s many of your classless fans dare to accuse Wolves of being the antagonists!

What a load of bollocks.

I can kind of understand those fans at the game getting caught up in the atmosphere but those of you watching in the pub, on internet streams and abroad should be able to form your own opinions. opinions not put forward by the biased and sensationalist media.

The Karl Henry thing is boring. he's been sent off half as many times as Denis Bergkamp - and we all know what a nasty cunt he was!!! Henry's red at Arsenal 2 years ago was nearly as soft as Neds on tuesday. Arsenal really are by far the best at getting opposing players sent off, credit where credit is due.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:53 am

Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 11 Tldr3
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:57 am

That Dave guy has spoken nothing but sense, good on him. Arsenal fans are the biggest whingers around, they cant believe teams have the audacity to not roll over and let them scoe at will/
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:58 am

The Zlatan wrote:Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 11 Tldr3
    rofl Funny gif but I agree with what Sean said.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:59 am

The Zlatan wrote:Arsenal vs Wolverhampton Wanderers | 27th December | 3pm | - Page 11 Tldr3

lowest. form. of. wit.

and yes you did. just don't have an answer for it you silly one eyed cunt.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:03 am

Quite ironic what I've read considering what I saw at the Nou Camp last season.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:09 am

Sean wrote:That Dave guy has spoken nothing but sense, good on him. Arsenal fans are the biggest whingers around, they cant believe teams have the audacity to not roll over and let them scoe at will/
    Please don't generalize.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:10 am

Sean wrote:That Dave guy has spoken nothing but sense, good on him. Arsenal fans are the biggest whingers around, they cant believe teams have the audacity to not roll over and let them scoe at will/

No, that's not remotely true. It frustrates me that a team scored one flukey goal and then spent the remainder of the match placing 10 players in their box and then got rewarded. It frustrates me even more that this kind of thing is a) appreciated by fans of said team despite it being absolutely horrendous to watch, and b) lauded by the English media. These kind of performances are exactly why England is such a backward footballing nation. I think as an Arsenal fan, I am absolutely entitled to view lower teams playing defensive football in disregard. We've never had the resources of other top clubs, yet we've managed to build a top class side through playing good football and developing technically gifted young players. Weaker teams' fans can't bitch about it, because we were once a mid-table side too and we rose without spending ludicrous amounts of money.
    SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:Quite ironic what I've read considering what I saw at the Nou Camp last season.

Absolute horseshit. At no point did we attempt to "park the bus". We were outplayed with 11 men, even more so with 10.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:13 am

At the end of the day, they can play whatever way they want to get a point, why would they play attacking football when its more than likely they would get smashed, do you think the fans cared how they played after the result? Not a chance.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:13 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:Quite ironic what I've read considering what I saw at the Nou Camp last season.

Absolute horseshit. At no point did we attempt to "park the bus". We were outplayed with 11 men, even more so with 10.

Interesting. What makes you think Wolves were just simply not outplayed? They had more shots on target than Arsenal did at the Nou Camp.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:14 am

just heard that Milllijas' red card is not being overturned. fucking F.A. jokes.

i hope atwell chokes to death on his mothers cock.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:14 am

I would just like to make it clear that I haven't once mentioned anything about the game in this thread. Coffee

I have nothing to say on the matter. Although when some one enters a thread with an intent of patronising and winding up opposition fans, he isn't going to get constructive and sensible responses.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:19 am

Sean wrote:At the end of the day, they can play whatever way they want to get a point, why would they play attacking football when its more than likely they would get smashed, do you think the fans cared how they played after the result? Not a chance.

They fucking should. And there's no guarantee that they would get smashed. West Brom demolished us last season by scoring three goals at the Emirates. That is a fucking commendable performance, not the excrement that Wolves produced. I don't expect them to come out and play attacking football, I expect them to have the ambition to win the game.
    SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

Interesting. What makes you think Wolves were just simply not outplayed? They had more shots on target than Arsenal did at the Nou Camp.

Because they were managing to produce some attacks in the first half when they needed to score a goal. The rift between the top teams and the bottom teams in the Premier League isn't so huge that a team like Wolves wouldn't be able to threaten us. And I am aware that they had more shots on target than we did at the Camp Nou. Do you think that even comes close to showing me anything mildly meaningful? If you want to use a statistic, you better fucking provide some interpretation to back it up. A statistic on its own is absolutely inane.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:19 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    No, that's not remotely true. It frustrates me that a team scored one flukey goal and then spent the remainder of the match placing 10 players in their box and then got rewarded. It frustrates me even more that this kind of thing is a) appreciated by fans of said team despite it being absolutely horrendous to watch, and b) lauded by the English media. These kind of performances are exactly why England is such a backward footballing nation. I think as an Arsenal fan, I am absolutely entitled to view lower teams playing defensive football in disregard. We've never had the resources of other top clubs, yet we've managed to build a top class side through playing good football and developing technically gifted young players. Weaker teams' fans can't bitch about it, because we were once a mid-table side too and we rose without spending ludicrous amounts of money.

You were a mid table team? for 1 season under Bruce Rioch? inbetween winning countless trophies? when were Arsenal consistently a mid table team during a history which places them 3rd in the all time list of successful clubs in England? when exactly was this?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:24 am

[quote="BladeGunner"]
    They fucking should. And there's no guarantee that they would get smashed. West Brom demolished us last season by scoring three goals at the Emirates. That is a fucking commendable performance, not the excrement that Wolves produced. I don't expect them to come out and play attacking football, I expect them to have the ambition to win the game.
    [quote="BladeGunner"]

Albion were helped out in no small part by the Manuel "Englands number 1" Almunia comedy hour! its an appalling example.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:24 am

Sean wrote:At the end of the day, they can play whatever way they want to get a point, why would they play attacking football when its more than likely they would get smashed, do you think the fans cared how they played after the result? Not a chance.
    They will never progress though will they? If English teams took the Spanish approach where every team plays positive thinking football they will eventually climb up the table, Bilbao, Villareal, Mallorca and Sevilla have all done it none of these were/are particularly big football clubs especially in the early 2000's. Hoofball only gets you so far.. and its not very far.

Last edited by Theo Filippo on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:25 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

You were a mid table team? for 1 season under Bruce Rioch? inbetween winning countless trophies? when were Arsenal consistently a mid table team during a history which places them 3rd in the all time list of successful clubs in England? when exactly was this?

We finished 10th and 12th on two separate occasions during the early Premier League years before Wenger became manager. We certainly weren't anywhere near as good as we are now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:26 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Albion were helped out in no small part by the Manuel "Englands number 1" Almunia comedy hour! its an appalling example.

Still got to attack to score. And they were attacking when it was 0-0, 1-0 and 2-0. Perfectly valid example.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:29 am

BladeGunner wrote:

SammysTekkers@SportDirect wrote:

Because they were managing to produce some attacks in the first half when they needed to score a goal. The rift between the top teams and the bottom teams in the Premier League isn't so huge that a team like Wolves wouldn't be able to threaten us. And I am aware that they had more shots on target than we did at the Camp Nou. Do you think that even comes close to showing me anything mildly meaningful? If you want to use a statistic, you better fucking provide some interpretation to back it up. A statistic on its own is absolutely inane.

So do you expect Wolves to go all out attacking and came out with 0 points and a huge dent in their goal difference? They did that against Man United and it got them nowhere, the fact is football isn't all about attacking football and tactics play a big part of it. Arsenal had their chances and failed to take them. Wolves now have an extra point in their fight to stay up and I really don't think any of their fans give a toss whether they parked the bus or not.

Something else that obviously would have affected their tactics is the fact that O'Hara was out and Doyle is just recovering.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:13 pm