Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
ESSIENblaster
jeb4eva
Metal Wolf
7 posters

Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread

Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread Empty Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread

Post by Metal Wolf Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:13 am

Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread Wolverhampton_wanderers

Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club is a professional football club representing the city of Wolverhampton, in the West Midlands region of England, and currently playing in the Premier League. Commonly referred to by its nickname "Wolves", the club was founded in 1877 and since 1889 has played at Molineux. Historically, Wolves have been highly influential, most notably as being founder members of the Football League, as well as having played an instrumental role in the establishment of the European Cup, later to become the UEFA Champions League.

Club Honours

In the all-time table since the league's inception in 1888, Wolves sit in the all-time top four, behind only Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal in terms of all time league position.

Cumulatively, they are the eighth most successful club, behind Chelsea, with 13 major trophy wins.

Uniquely, they are the only club to have won titles in five different Football League divisions, and in 1988, their Fourth Division title glory made them the first team to have been champions of all four professional leagues in English football, although this feat has since been matched by Burnley in 1992 and Preston in 1996. They remain the only club to have won all top national cups (FA Cup, Football League Cup and Football League Trophy).

During their 1950s domination of English football, Wolves were the first team to pass the 100-goal mark for three seasons in succession, in consecutive 1957/58, 1958/59 and 1959/60 seasons. They are also the first team to score 7,000 league goals and trail only Manchester United in terms of total league goals as of the end of the 2009–10 season

League

First Division/Premier League
    Champions: 1953–54, 1957–58, 1958–59
    Runners-up: 1937–38, 1938–39, 1949–50, 1954–55, 1959–60

Second Division/Championship
    Champions: 1931–32, 1976–77, 2008–09
    Runners-up: 1966–67, 1982–83
    Play-off winners: 2003

Third Division (North)/Third Division
    Champions: 1923–24, 1988–89

Fourth Division
    Champions: 1987–88
    Cup

UEFA Cup
    Runners-up: 1972

FA Cup
    Winners: 1893, 1908, 1949, 1960
    Runners-up: 1889, 1896, 1921, 1939
    Third-place: 1973
    Semi-finalists: 1890, 1951, 1979, 1981, 1998

Football League Cup
    Winners: 1974, 1980
    Semi-finalists: 1973

FA Charity Shield
    Winners: 1949*, 1954*, 1959, 1960* (* joint holders)
    Runners-up: 1958

Football League Trophy
    Winners: 1988

Minor honours

Texaco Cup
    Winners: 1971
    Football League War Cup

Winners: 1942

FA Youth Cup
    Winners: 1958
    Runners-up: 1953, 1954, 1962, 1976
    United Soccer Association

Champions 1967 — playing as Los Angeles Wolves
    North American Soccer League International Cup

Winners 1969 — playing as Kansas City Spurs
    The Central League

Winners 1931–32 1950–51 1951–52 1952–53 1957–58
    1958–59
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread Empty Re: Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread

Post by jeb4eva Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:20 am

Kevin Doyle not worthy

Great goal on Tuesday.
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread Empty Re: Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread

Post by Metal Wolf Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:23 am

jeb4eva wrote:Kevin Doyle not worthy

Great goal on Tuesday.

Was brilliant, hopefully he can bang a few like that in this season.
    jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Post by jeb4eva Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:27 am

Yeah, is Hunt still injured?
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:31 am

jeb4eva wrote:Yeah, is Hunt still injured?

He should be back sometime in October.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:59 am

i dont quite understand how this is an "official" wolves thread, or how any of the others are official, but hey i'm in!
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:02 am

'orrible bastard wrote:i dont quite understand how this is an "official" wolves thread, or how any of the others are official, but hey i'm in!

Welcome, thoughts on tomorrows game against Fulham?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:10 am

be happy with a draw! we're capable of winning but we're capable of losing too! i think fulham will finish comfortably in mid table so a point would be an achievement. hopefully we can keep up with the scoring. scoring in 4 consecutive PL games will probably be a record!

actually 6 in a row is our record which we have just equalled with 3 at the end of last season and 3 at the beginning of this. so if we score we set a record for most consecutive PL games we have scored in (7)!

Last edited by 'orrible bastard on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:14 am

'orrible bastard wrote:be happy with a draw! we're capable of winning but we're capable of losing too! i think fulham will finish comfortably in mid table so a point would be an achievement. hopefully we can keep up with the scoring. scoring in 4 consecutive PL games will probably be a record!

Yeah I think that would be a record haha, I say draw would be a good result as well but I can see us losing 2-1 sadly. If we win I will be over the moon.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:43 am

Kevin Doyle :
    Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread 4l3bso
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:02 am

Cheers mate but I prefer mine at the moment.
    ESSIENblaster
    ESSIENblaster

Post by ESSIENblaster Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:01 am

Very nice, metalwolf and davefromblaze were always 2 classy wolves posters. Hope he finds his way onto this forum.
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:28 am

ESSIENblaster wrote:Very nice, metalwolf and davefromblaze were always 2 classy wolves posters. Hope he finds his way onto this forum.

Cheers and yeah I will try and send him a PM about this forum. I know Cereal is on here.
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Fantastic read for footy fans

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1310949/Wolves-captain-Karl-Henry-loves-putting-foot--reading-Joey-Barton.html?ITO=1490
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:07 am

ESSIENblaster wrote:Very nice, metalwolf and davefromblaze were always 2 classy wolves posters. Hope he finds his way onto this forum.

Shame the rest of the Molineux faithful arent so classy Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread Icon_lol ....West Midlands football for the win, love our games with you lot
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:15 am

bcfcben wrote:

Shame the rest of the Molineux faithful arent so classy Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread Icon_lol ....West Midlands football for the win, love our games with you lot

At least the Molineux faithful come in flocks and droves for matchdays Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread Icon_lol

I will be looking forward to the midland derby games this season as were a bit more attacking now, and I will be coming to St Andrews Official Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C Thread Icon_twisted

Hopefully most of the midland teams will stay up this season.
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:11 am

gggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllll

VAN DAMME
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:14 am

The games will be really interesting this year now that both teams have made some good signings, i will probably get tickets to Molineux as i went there when we drew 1-1. Going Albion next week, we will do you a favour as long as you do us one and beat Villa when you play em
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:29 am

bcfcben wrote:The games will be really interesting this year now that both teams have made some good signings, i will probably get tickets to Molineux as i went there when we drew 1-1. Going Albion next week, we will do you a favour as long as you do us one and beat Villa when you play em

Sorted.
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:43 am

Zamora has a broken ankle. . . . .
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:28 am

was a little disappointing to lose in the 90th. but by all accounts fulham were good value for the 3 points, so cant really complain. due to attending a wedding i havnt seen any highlights or anything of the game. i think there was a power cut at my house because nothing recorded on my cable box!
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:43 am

'orrible bastard wrote:was a little disappointing to lose in the 90th. but by all accounts fulham were good value for the 3 points, so cant really complain. due to attending a wedding i havnt seen any highlights or anything of the game. i think there was a power cut at my house because nothing recorded on my cable box!

Was watching it on the net, first half we were average at best. In the second half we came under a lot of pressure and folded with the amount of fouls we made and eventually Berra was given his marching orders. Hahneman could do nothing about the goals as they were both deflected. Here are some ratings:

Hahn - 6 no chance with the goals. Two poor goals to give away incidentally.
    Ward - 5 - Gera raped him completely for much of teh game when he came on.
    Foley - 7 really good. Such a shame we have him and Zubar on the right and Ward and Big George on the left!
    Craddock and Berra - battled hard and won most balls. Craddock 7, Berra 5. Berra may have deserved 2 yellows with the silly fouls he kept giving away and needless shirt pulling.

Henry 9. Ace, helped out the defence and broke up some attacking plays, tackle on Zamora was brilliant, just a shame Zamora got injured.

Mancienne - 5/6, If he is going to play in midfield he needs to learn to get his head up and start picking his passes instead of hoofing the ball.

Jarvis - 6. Not in the game enough. Terrified them with one great run though. Should have scored.

JVD - 7. Good finish, won lots of headers. He's never going to play for Barcelona but I like him. There are too few grey haired players.

Doyle - 8 ace. Works hard. Class. Less effective on the wing. Another assist. I love him.

SEB. Blinking Nora he worked hard. 7.

Subs Fletch 6 - good touches but we weren't really on the front foot in the second half so he didn't see much of the ball to impress the fans.

Jones - 3 I'm not a massive fan and he didn't get to the pace of the game when he came on, went missing for large periods and only knew he was on the pitch when he got a yellow card.

Guedioura. - did not have enough time to do anything. Should have been brought on earlier to stem the tide of attacks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:00 am

Metal Wolf wrote:

Cheers and yeah I will try and send him a PM about this forum. I know Cereal is on here.

davefromblaze? never heard of him!

davefrombaze however is a lovely chap and i cant think of a better way to describe his postings than "classy" - i think he's already posting on this forum under a new name! so no need to PM me!

i'm quite touched that complete strangers thought so highly of me from the EA forum that they hoped i would come on here. https://i.servimg.com/u/f24/15/64/32/99/dfb11.jpg
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:23 am

Hold on your Dave? lololol. I sent you a PM on the old fifa forum telling you about this one.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:24 am

Metal Wolf wrote:Hold on your Dave? lololol. I sent you a PM on the old fifa forum telling you about this one.

think i have been on here since day 1. havnt really checked my ea account since that dark day!
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 am

'orrible bastard wrote:
    Metal Wolf wrote:Hold on your Dave? lololol. I sent you a PM on the old fifa forum telling you about this one.

think i have been on here since day 1. havnt really checked my ea account since that dark day!

fair enough haha
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Wolves to submit planning application to redevelop Molineux

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2155398,00.html
    ESSIENblaster
    ESSIENblaster

Post by ESSIENblaster Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:44 am

Metal Wolf wrote:Wolves to submit planning application to redevelop Molineux

[url=http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2155398,00.html
    http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2155398,00.html[/quote[/url]]

I heard this is supposed to be pretty sweet if they can get the funds for it...Where do wolves make most of their money from? Who owns them/who is the parent company ?
    bcfcben

Post by bcfcben Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:14 am

They are owned by an Englsihman called Steve Morgan, i reckon Wolves probably make the majority of their money through ticket sales and maybe the odd sale of a player, not sure how much Steve Morgan has but he has spent a few bob this window.
    Metal Wolf
    Metal Wolf

Post by Metal Wolf Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:26 am

[quote="ESSIENblaster"]
    Metal Wolf wrote:Wolves to submit planning application to redevelop Molineux

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2155398,00.html[/quote]

I heard this is supposed to be pretty sweet if they can get the funds for it...Where do wolves make most of their money from? Who owns them/who is the parent company ?

We make most of our money like bcfcben said through season ticket sales, match day tickets, merchandise etc.

Steve Morgan bought the club for a £10 but has to invest £30 million into the club, which he has when we got promoted and has done so for the previous transfer window, where we signed six players of the top of my head.

Steve Morgan owns a building company red something, so he is the man you want in charge if this all goes ahead to redevelop the molineux.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:12 pm