Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Hitchy
Ham.
LFC_Grunners
Childish Logic
Jack
Ben 10
Clark
Lux
luke.
Marvin
Sean
Cadbury
Stokes
Jordi
coolhead33
Scuba Steve
SophisticatedBeggar
Drake
VivaRonaldoLAD
Scouser_Dave
Gegilworld93
Andy
Laurencio
moscowmadeit3
Van Wolfswinkel
Grenade
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Emma
Theo Filippo
Zzonked
35 posters

Who should your team sign in January?

Kuled

Who should your team sign in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who should your team sign in January?

Post by Kuled Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:44 am

Sean wrote:A new CB, Cahill would be nice. Maybe a new winger as well, not sure who though.
    Krasic shifty
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Who should your team sign in January? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who should your team sign in January?

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:47 am

thedinho wrote:Soldado and Tiote shifty

Have Gosling instead. Just as good, young and English.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:53 am

Papers keep linking us with Pato and Robinho because of the Tevez deal. Would be extremely happy with either actually.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:00 am

Can't Milan selling either of those two.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:01 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    coolhead33 wrote:
    That will be hard to match without Champions League football. Once Fergie is gone you will be slowly going down unless the glazers sell up. Leeds are hardly drowning now. We have learnt from our mistakes although the only thing that is holding us back is not taking little minor risks and spending money on hotels instead of a team.

We'll have Champions League football though, we're still virtually dead certs to qualify ever year. Everyone seems to think that Ferguson's departure will be this great cataclysm for the club, but in all reality, that's not the case. Ferguson has been taking United downhill for several years now, it's him who's responsible for us going out of the Champions League before Christmas, and he should have left the club after the Champions League Final in May.
    So winning the Champions League in 2008 was going downhill? What has Fergie got to do to win you over? He has got you to the final 3 times in 4 years. How is that downhill?

It isn't Fergie who has made your club bad this season. The owners may have given Fergie a bit to spend this summer but that doesn't cover up the fact that he hasn't spent much at all the seasons before that. I think I read something the other day that said Manchester United have have a lower net spend than about half of the Premier League.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:09 am

Kuled wrote:Can't Milan selling either of those two.

But you can see Juventus selling Marchisio to Manchester United? Suspect
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:10 am

coolhead33 wrote:

We'll have Champions League football though, we're still virtually dead certs to qualify ever year. Everyone seems to think that Ferguson's departure will be this great cataclysm for the club, but in all reality, that's not the case. Ferguson has been taking United downhill for several years now, it's him who's responsible for us going out of the Champions League before Christmas, and he should have left the club after the Champions League Final in May.
    So winning the Champions League in 2008 was going downhill? What has Fergie got to do to win you over? He has got you to the final 3 times in 4 years. How is that downhill?

It isn't Fergie who has made your club bad this season. The owners may have given Fergie a bit to spend this summer but that doesn't cover up the fact that he hasn't spent much at all the seasons before that. I think I read something the other day that said Manchester United have have a lower net spend than about half of the Premier League.

No, of course not, but that was nearly 4 years ago, we have been going downhill ever since. Look at the United side in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and this season, it is worse every year, that's why it is downhill.

That's chiefly down to United selling Ronaldo though, with Ferguson's agreement, and his decision not to do what Inter did in the same situation and invest the money into signing great players.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:12 am

BladeGunner14 wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Can't Milan selling either of those two.

That's different Neutral It's who I want. Anyway didn't the Tevez deal fail and he's going to PSV instead?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:14 am

A LB (Baines), A winger(Farfan or Ayew) and a striker(Sow?).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:16 am

Kuled wrote:
    BladeGunner14 wrote:

That's different Neutral It's who I want. Anyway didn't the Tevez deal fail and he's going to PSV instead?

PSG, and it's not as unlikely as you think. Robinho is kind of crap, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if Milan were willing to let him go soon.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:18 am

Bruno Cesar and Nuno Coelho from Benfica.

Not likely though.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:32 am

coolhead33 wrote:

No, of course not, but that was nearly 4 years ago, we have been going downhill ever since. Look at the United side in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and this season, it is worse every year, that's why it is downhill.

That's chiefly down to United selling Ronaldo though, with Ferguson's agreement, and his decision not to do what Inter did in the same situation and invest the money into signing great players.
    I know it's gone downhill in that respect but players have retired and such. He has had to replace not just Ronaldo but Scholes, Van Der Sar and whoever else. His replacements may not have been the best but the market has been forever inflating and you can't spend £80 million on replacements with enough quality or whatever. You still made it to the final anyway. That shows how good a manager he is doing such a thing with worse players.

The sale of Ronaldo may not have been helped by Fergie. I'm not sure what's going on backstage at Old Trafford but something must be going on between Fergie and the Glazers.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:35 am

coolhead33 wrote:

I know it's gone downhill in that respect but players have retired and such. He has had to replace not just Ronaldo but Scholes, Van Der Sar and whoever else. His replacements may not have been the best but the market has been forever inflating and you can't spend £80 million on replacements with enough quality or whatever. You still made it to the final anyway. That shows how good a manager he is doing such a thing with worse players.

Yeah, he has had several years to prepare for those retirements though, and they were 2 years after he let Ronaldo go. You can spend a shitload of money on replacements to improve the team, please look at what Inter did in 2009. We didn't make it to the Final we got dumped out in the quarters by Bayern Munich, the following year we did make the Final, but only by ploughing through shit teams to get there.

The sale of Ronaldo may not have been helped by Fergie. I'm not sure what's going on backstage at Old Trafford but something must be going on between Fergie and the Glazers.

Yeah, they have a good working relationship, and Ferguson routinely comes out praising them, even when he's not prompted to. There's no evidence whatsoever that he doesn't get backed 100% by the Glazers.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:38 am

Bring in Tiote to replace Essien who has been killed by injuries. Bring in a solid RB (I have absolutely no suggestions..), Bring in a creative midfielder like Modric/Moutinho. Keep Drogba until his contract runs down then buy a striker in the summer.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:45 am

Nyron Nosworthy. Despite being the cunt that gave Leeds their penalty.....he really is a beast....too fast and good in the air for anyone this season so far.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:54 am

luke. wrote:Bring in Tiote to replace Essien who has been killed by injuries.
    I know he's young and inexperienced, but didn't you buy that teenager from Barcelona to do exactly that?
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:17 am

coolhead33 wrote:

Yeah, he has had several years to prepare for those retirements though, and they were 2 years after he let Ronaldo go. You can spend a shitload of money on replacements to improve the team, please look at what Inter did in 2009. We didn't make it to the Final we got dumped out in the quarters by Bayern Munich, the following year we did make the Final, but only by ploughing through shit teams to get there.

Yeah, they have a good working relationship, and Ferguson routinely comes out praising them, even when he's not prompted to. There's no evidence whatsoever that he doesn't get backed 100% by the Glazers.
    You can only beat what's in front of you. Other than Barcelona, only Real Madrid and probably Bayern Munich again could have potentially beaten you in those seasons in my opinion.

Fair enough but even so, he isn't that silly to not get replacements. I know you think otherwise but I think that Fergie doesn't quite like the Glazers for whatever reason.
    Kuled wrote:
    luke. wrote:Bring in Tiote to replace Essien who has been killed by injuries.
    I know he's young and inexperienced, but didn't you buy that teenager from Barcelona to do exactly that?
    You mean the one that Luke thought would play lots of games this season because of something the manager said? rofl
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:22 am

He has played lots of games though.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:28 am

I've never heard him mentioned. How many Premier League and Champions League games has he started?
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:31 am

Oriol Romeu has played in 11 games this season. 5 in the league, 3 in the league cup and 3 in Europe.

Not a teenager either, 20 Surprised

From what I have seen, he looks pretty decent.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:32 am

coolhead33 wrote:I've never heard him mentioned. How many Premier League and Champions League games has he started?
    13 all together, 4 as a sub. 6 apps in the league, not sure about CL.

And he's starting again tonight.

Edit: No wait, Lux is right.

Last edited by Marvin on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:32 am

Ronaldinho.
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:34 am

Sammys_Tekkers wrote:A striker - One who doesn't piss off to Africa either. Giroud is the one we have been linked with.

And we have a striker apparently having a medical tomorrow. Maiga, who pisses off to Africa facepalm
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:36 am

luke. wrote:Bring in Tiote to replace Essien who has been killed by injuries. Bring in a solid RB (I have absolutely no suggestions..), Bring in a creative midfielder like Modric/Moutinho. Keep Drogba until his contract runs down then buy a striker in the summer.
    VdW4RB?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:42 am

Romeu is only going to play more games, he has displaced Mikel quite comfortably now.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:43 am

I think I said that he wouldn't start 15-20 in the League this season. shifty
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:46 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Romeu is only going to play more games, he has displaced Mikel quite comfortably now.
    Still think Mikel will get into the team. If anything, Lampard is the one who hopefully losses out.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:49 am

luke. wrote:Bring in a solid RB (I have absolutely no suggestions..)

van der Wiel

Sammys_Tekkers wrote:
    Sammys_Tekkers wrote:A striker - One who doesn't piss off to Africa either. Giroud is the one we have been linked with.

And we have a striker apparently having a medical tomorrow. Maiga, who pisses off to Africa Who should your team sign in January? - Page 3 58503

Read that you were to sign him last month :lol;
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:54 am

Ben 10 wrote:
    luke. wrote:Bring in a solid RB (I have absolutely no suggestions..)

van der Wiel

Sammys_Tekkers wrote:

And we have a striker apparently having a medical tomorrow. Maiga, who pisses off to Africa Who should your team sign in January? - Page 3 58503

Read that you were to sign him last month :lol;

Been close for a while now apparently, but French media are saying he is having a medical tomorrow. Guessing its just to wrap up the deal before the ACON.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:18 am

All we need is a back-up striker. Smile

Or maybe buy a couple if our £15million valuation of Jelavic is met. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:28 am