Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
Hitchy
Ham.
LFC_Grunners
Childish Logic
Jack
Ben 10
Clark
Lux
luke.
Marvin
Sean
Cadbury
Stokes
Jordi
coolhead33
Scuba Steve
SophisticatedBeggar
Drake
VivaRonaldoLAD
Scouser_Dave
Gegilworld93
Andy
Laurencio
moscowmadeit3
Van Wolfswinkel
Grenade
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Emma
Theo Filippo
Zzonked
35 posters

Who should your team sign in January?

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Who should your team sign in January? Empty Who should your team sign in January?

Post by Zzonked Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:47 am

Be reasonably realistic.

I think City should try and get a CB for cover. If Lescott or Kompany get injured we're pretty much ruined. Kolo hasn't looked very good when he's played and Savic is a nutter (he just goes really aggressively for every ball, might improve with time though). Doesn't have to be a world class CB, just someone decent. I'd take Gary Cahill, although that might be being a bit greedy.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Who should your team sign in January? Empty Re: Who should your team sign in January?

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:55 am

City should get Agger.

Anyway Arsenal need a left-back with Santos out for 3 months and Gibbs having spasticated muscles so Jordi Alba and we need a forward with Chamakh and Forehead going to ACON so Podolski.
    Emma
    Emma

Who should your team sign in January? Empty Re: Who should your team sign in January?

Post by Emma Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:57 am

I want us to sign Vormer would be a fantastic signing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:00 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:City should get Agger.

Anyway Arsenal need a left-back with Santos out for 3 months and Gibbs having spasticated muscles so Jordi Alba and we need a forward with Chamakh and Forehead going to ACON so Podolski.

No chance of someone like Alba in this window. I expect Wenger will go for someone very experienced to fill in temporarily. Judging by his approach in recent January transfer windows, I wouldn't be all too surprised if we signed Lauren. Who should your team sign in January? 279869
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:05 am

Marchisio please.
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:06 am

I don't feel Manchester United will sign anyone in January.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:06 am

David Beckham on a 6 month deal- obviously won't happen though. Signing a midfielder is absolutely essential for us, but Ferguson is too pig headed and tight to do it, as he showed in August. Even at the end of the transfer window, when it was clear we weren't getting anyone, he decided to stick with what he had rather than sign Scott Parker or Joseph Barton, good players who know the Premier League like a married man of 30 years knows his missus, inside and out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:08 am

Kuled wrote:Marchisio please.

This is your idea of being reasonably realistic?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:12 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    This ^
    Well for LB I'd prefer Schmelzer as he seems more realistic than Alba and better defensively too.
    I'd also like to see us replace Arshavin with someone like Farfan (who's also been heavily linked with us)
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:15 am

BladeGunner14 wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Marchisio please.

This is your idea of being reasonably realistic?
    A bit optimistic, but yes shifty I think he'd instantly agree to join United.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:22 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:City should get Agger.

rofl
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:24 am

4 players are needed imo.

A left back - Pieters and Cissokho are the two we have been linked with. Wouldn't mind either.

A CB cover - Really don't mind who it is, hopefully young and and can actually defend. Been linked with Yanga-M'Biwa who I' take tbh.

A winger - Hoillet is who I want, doubt we will get him though, not been linked with many. Tbh, this is the one out the 4 we need the least.

A striker - One who doesn't piss off to Africa either. Giroud is the one we have been linked with.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:36 am

A defensive midfielder, and a striker that scores goals.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39 am

Mr Leiva wrote:A defensive midfielder, and a striker that scores goals.

What about Jay Spearing and Andrew Carroll?
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:41 am

Realistically, I don't think we will sign anyone in January.

EDIT: Although, we SHOULD buy a CM, but I reckon we'll do it in the summer Neutral

Last edited by moscowmadeit3 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:42 am

Marchisio, Montolivio or another midfield playmaker. Ganso maybe shifty
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:44 am

No one.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:46 am

I Andy I wrote:No one.
    ...You..think.. our midfield is fine?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:46 am

Kuled wrote:
    Well it did say 'realistically'.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:52 am

Jordi Alba and Papiss Demba Cissé.
    Andy

Post by Andy Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:52 am

Kuled wrote:

From Fergie point of view it is.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:54 am

Title says "should" though not "will".

I'm saying who would you like your club to sign if they were going to make some signings. Only asking you to be realistic in ones that would want to come to your club/could be afforded I guess.
    Scouser_Dave
    Scouser_Dave

Post by Scouser_Dave Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:59 am

A striker and a centre mid is what we need. Like most clubs we will probably find it difficult to fill those position in January given that teams don't want to lose their players half way through a season.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:01 am

Silva.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:02 am

Arsenal.. Podolski and Eboue.
    Andy

Post by Andy Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 am

It that case, Sneijder.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:10 am

I Andy I wrote:It that case, Sneijder.

If United were 11 points off the Champions League places, squandering around in 10th place, and you saw a Real Madrid fan talking about signing Rooney to help their season in January because their strikeforce isn't doing so well, 6 months after we sold Vidic to Russia, what would you think of him? Because that Real Madrid fan, that's you.
    Andy

Post by Andy Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:14 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    I Andy I wrote:It that case, Sneijder.

If United were 11 points off the Champions League places, squandering around in 10th place, and you saw a Real Madrid fan talking about signing Rooney to help their season in January because their strikeforce isn't doing so well, 6 months after we sold Vidic to Russia, what would you think of him? Because that Real Madrid fan, that's you.

....What?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:16 am

I Andy I wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

....What?

Maybe you haven't been keeping up with football this season, but Inter are in deep fucking shite at the moment. Selling their best player would be catastrophic.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:17 am

Inter are recovering, slowly Simples

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:35 am