Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Torresxvilla
Trig
Theo Filippo
Hitchy
Grenade
Sean
Lux
Carlos Jenkinson
Marvin
blackskar
The Zlatan
Zzonked
moscowmadeit3
luke.
Barton
dena
Mario
21 posters

Did Chelsea buy their success?

Poll

[ 13 ]
    Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 Bar_left39%Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 Bar_right [39%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 Bar_left3%Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 Bar_left58%Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 Bar_right [58%] 

Total Votes: 33
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did Chelsea buy their success?

Post by Trig Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:11 am

Uh, Yes.
    Anonymous

Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did Chelsea buy their success?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Mostly. There is no denying that the takeover had a major impact on Chelsea FC. The same goes for Manchester City. The only difference is Chelsea had a better foundation before the takeover and their investments were better.

El Pipita wrote:What success

The same one Madrid has. Razz
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:05 pm

How many teams can say they are successful by purely relying on their youth?
    City and Chelsea just did it on a larger scale, yet so did the likes of Liverpool and United.
    And no, though Barca have a great youth academy, they also spent €40m on Villa, €22M on Mascherano, €9.5 on Adriano, €46M on Ibra, $35 million on Chygrynskiy, €14M on Keita in the recent years...the list goes on. Even great teams have to spend to keep their success.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:11 pm

Torresxvilla wrote:How many teams can say they are successful by purely relying on their youth?
    City and Chelsea just did it on a larger scale, yet so did the likes of Liverpool and United.
    And no, though Barca have a great youth academy, they also spent €40m on Villa, €22M on Mascherano, €9.5 on Adriano, €46M on Ibra, $35 million on Chygrynskiy, €14M on Keita in the recent years...the list goes on. Even great teams have to spend to keep their success.

When people say a team bought success, they usually mean most of the team (or biggest assets) is filled with players bought from other clubs.

Barcelona's greatest assets are from their academy (Puyol, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Pedro, etc.). Why even mention Chygrynskiy? Laughing
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:19 pm

if it wasnt for chelsea being taken over, man u would of just kept walking the league. no other teams had the financial power to constantly sustain a challenge to them besides arsenal and chelsea just made things more competitive. it benefited the whole league as before then, the epl was a long way behind serie a and la liga but new investors brought more money, more interest and better players. if it wasnt chelsea being taken over, then it would of been another club thats for sure infact didn abramovich intend to buy tottenham first but he couldnt agree to the deal? so third party financial influence in football was always going to happen and is necessary in modern day football

regarding youth, you guys gotta remember, an institution like barcelona is not only meant to provide players for barca, its to provide players the pathway to professional football anywhere and everywhere. every clubs follows a certain structure, if a player doesnt make it at barca, they will do their utmost best to make sure he does something with himself elsewhere. its the chain. even though chelseas youth system looks diabolical compared to barcelona or real madrid in terms of producing players for their own clubs, they, like every other club have still provided proffesional outlets for their products

just cause someone didnt make it at epl level from an academy doesnt mean he is a failure, plenty of players didnt make it at big clubs but went on to make decent career for themselves elsewhere in the lower leagues or wherever. this is something barcelona, hell actually, real madrid are great at, their cantera has to have produced the most amount of pros of any club in the world, even if very few make it at real madrid, many still go on to be pros which is what counts
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 pm

Chygrynskiy was 25m too.

Barca don't need to spend money to get success, they do it because they can. Laughing They have the money to spend on some extra good squad players.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:26 pm

GCU wrote:if it wasnt for chelsea being taken over, man u would of just kept walking the league. no other teams had the financial power to constantly sustain a challenge to them besides arsenal and chelsea just made things more competitive. it benefited the whole league as before then, the epl was a long way behind serie a and la liga but new investors brought more money, more interest and better players. if it wasnt chelsea being taken over, then it would of been another club thats for sure infact didn abramovich intend to buy tottenham first but he couldnt agree to the deal? so third party financial influence in football was always going to happen and is necessary in modern day football

regarding youth, you guys gotta remember, an institution like barcelona is not only meant to provide players for barca, its to provide players the pathway to professional football anywhere and everywhere. every clubs follows a certain structure, if a player doesnt make it at barca, they will do their utmost best to make sure he does something with himself elsewhere. its the chain. even though chelseas youth system looks diabolical compared to barcelona or real madrid in terms of producing players for their own clubs, they, like every other club have still provided proffesional outlets for their products

just cause someone didnt make it at epl level from an academy doesnt mean he is a failure, plenty of players didnt make it at big clubs but went on to make decent career for themselves elsewhere in the lower leagues or wherever. this is something barcelona, hell actually, real madrid are great at, their cantera has to have produced the most amount of pros of any club in the world, even if very few make it at real madrid, many still go on to be pros which is what counts

That's nice and dandy, but that doesn't answer the question of the thread.
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:27 pm

why would i answer the question directly? this is just a troll thread, my own post was very relative to this discussion Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Torresxvilla wrote:How many teams can say they are successful by purely relying on their youth?
    €46M AND Eto'o, who was a better striker anyway for Ibrahimovic. Probably the worst piece of business in football i've ever seen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:29 pm

GCU wrote:why would i answer the question directly? this is just a troll thread, my own post was very relative to this discussion Neutral

You are talking about how clubs produce pros even if they don't end up playing for the team in the future. It's an interesting topic to discuss, but I don't see the relevance in this thread.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Why do you care? Dry Smile
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Barcelona are in a shit load of debt too.

The fact is that they aren't any different to all the other teams (this is where the superiority complex comes in from the Barcelona guys)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Lux wrote:Barcelona are in a shit load of debt too.

The fact is that they aren't any different to all the other teams (this is where the superiority complex comes in from the Barcelona guys)
    Barcelona makes loads of profits and what makes them different is that they will always be producing large amounts of quality football players.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Lux wrote:Barcelona are in a shit load of debt too.

Not as much as Manchester United for example. Most of the debt is thanks to Laporta's transfer fails in his last 2 years. They will have no problem clearing that debt soon.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:33 pm

polska. wrote:Barcelona makes loads of profits and what makes them different is that they will always be producing large amounts of quality football players.

-_- .........................

GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:33 pm

how is explaining ;
    why and what adverse effects from chelsea being taken

and

what the other beneficiaries and assets of a successful youth academy, not relative to this discussion? Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 881856
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:36 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Not as much as Manchester United for example. Most of the debt is thanks to Laporta's transfer fails in his last 2 years. They will have no problem clearing that debt soon.

Barcelona don't have owners who are bleeding the club dry with shit loans pig

Man Utd make a profit, but still end up making a loss due to the Glazers. Barcelona just make a loss Embarassed (though to be fair the shirt sponsorship should help)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Barcelona definitely make a profit. A large one too.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:40 pm

polska. wrote:Barcelona definitely make a profit. A large one too.

They're in at least £300m of debt, in 09 they made a £64m loss whistle
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Lux wrote:
    polska. wrote:Barcelona definitely make a profit. A large one too.

They're in at least £300m of debt, in 09 they made a £64m loss Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 706492
    In 09 they made the Eto'o and Chygrynskiy deals. -_-

But that's not that. Do you know the insane amount of financial support they get across the world? Laughing Everyone in Venezuela is either a Real or Barca (or Inter) fan.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Glory hunters. -_-

/James
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:50 pm

SBSP wrote:Glory hunters. Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 881856

/James
    They are. Granted Venezuela besides Caracas FC don't have any decent clubs unlike the rest of South America.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Barca are not making profit though Polska it was only last year Pep said they had to sell that CB dude to Shakhtar to pay the players wages which were 1 month behind.

I might be wrong but Barca are not making profits from their overall revenues currently.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:47 pm

Scott wrote:I think you'll find that the majority of arrested Paedophiles are/were teachers. Look it up Luke. Can't argue with facts.

You are a fucking wee woofter and you love yourself. And to call someone a Paedophile for being a teacher is not even a fucking joke its completely fucking sad, i could take a joke and a wind up. But to be called a Paedophile i would knock you the fuck out and you should be banned from these forums for saying this about one of its members.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:58 pm

Scott wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Scott wrote:Lol, if you think being a Teacher is something to be proud of then, good for you. It's one of the easiest professions to get into tbh. And one of the laziest jobs, what with all those school holidays.

Plus you're around kids ... there is a word for people who like being around kids ... not gonna say it 'cause you'll only get me banned, but trust me. Not manly at all.

Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955 Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955

Love to see you try it, you wouldn't last a week. Don't work 9 - 3.30 lad. More like 8 - 8. Not to mention planning lessons, reports, marking, differentiating lessons due to ability (that means setting out different work for the level of each child) as well as communicating with parents, arranging trips, meeting with staff at the school, planning, then planning for the next term.

And remember, in the middle of August, while you're in the world of work (unless Daddy is still paying your way), I'll be out enjoying a holiday in the sun somehwere. Can't complain about that. Also, don't forget, it's quite well paid.

Call me a paedo all you like, shows your maturity level. Which, judging by the current debate you started, doesn't really make you much of a 'man'.

Now run along little boy, get off Daddy's computer and get your crayons together for school on Monday morning.

Fuck me.

Fact is, you'll never have a great income as a teacher. It's not a greatly paid job at all. Love to see me try it? I wouldn't ever want to try being a teacher, it's shit. I bet you're going to be a Gym teacher and all Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955

I think it's safe to say that a career in advertising for TV adverts, designing billboards and working with a top advertising company > being a teacher any day of the week.

You said you will earn 21,000 in your first year? That's fucking peanuts in comparison. Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955

I got good grades in school, good grades in 6th form, and got a degree in Advertisement at Uni. As opposed to you, who probably got shit grades, and resorted to the EASY option of doing Sport Science at College.

Don't lecture me about hard work, I've busted a gut to get to where I am, so fuck you.

You fucking love yourself and have to show pictures of yourself possing and with girls and you must be one of the most big headed Pricks on this forum. Scott i love me i have great grades im just the fucking greatest, what next pictures of your fucking Bank Accounts to prove what a fucking success you have been in life. Well in the real world not everyone is as lucky as some, but well done you for busting a gut what a fucking man you are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:04 pm

Scott wrote:It's hilarious how Dan started it by telling me to man up, yet everyone is saying I'm the dick, just because I told a few home truths.

He asked you to man up, he did not call you a paedophile or come across like a Big Headed dick like you did, and home truths how the fuck can you tell him some home truths over the fucking internet about him and his life when you dont really no him. Take a look in the mirror then again that wont be hard a bet your always looking in the mirror telling yourself how good you look.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Dan wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Scott wrote:Lol, if you think being a Teacher is something to be proud of then, good for you. It's one of the easiest professions to get into tbh. And one of the laziest jobs, what with all those school holidays.

Plus you're around kids ... there is a word for people who like being around kids ... not gonna say it 'cause you'll only get me banned, but trust me. Not manly at all.

Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955 Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955

Love to see you try it, you wouldn't last a week. Don't work 9 - 3.30 lad. More like 8 - 8. Not to mention planning lessons, reports, marking, differentiating lessons due to ability (that means setting out different work for the level of each child) as well as communicating with parents, arranging trips, meeting with staff at the school, planning, then planning for the next term.

And remember, in the middle of August, while you're in the world of work (unless Daddy is still paying your way), I'll be out enjoying a holiday in the sun somehwere. Can't complain about that. Also, don't forget, it's quite well paid.

Call me a paedo all you like, shows your maturity level. Which, judging by the current debate you started, doesn't really make you much of a 'man'.

Now run along little boy, get off Daddy's computer and get your crayons together for school on Monday morning.

Fuck me.

Fact is, you'll never have a great income as a teacher. It's not a greatly paid job at all. Love to see me try it? I wouldn't ever want to try being a teacher, it's shit. I bet you're going to be a Gym teacher and all Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955

I think it's safe to say that a career in advertising for TV adverts, designing billboards and working with a top advertising company > being a teacher any day of the week.

You said you will earn 21,000 in your first year? That's fucking peanuts in comparison. Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955

I got good grades in school, good grades in 6th form, and got a degree in Advertisement at Uni. As opposed to you, who probably got shit grades, and resorted to the EASY option of doing Sport Science at College.

Don't lecture me about hard work, I've busted a gut to get to where I am, so fuck you.

And I haven't? Like you said, don't like it, don't dish it out.. Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955

Let me end this right now, with one simple statement.

You've listed all your achievements, your education. Answer me this, would you have achieved that without a teacher?

Fucking classic Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955 Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955 Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955 Now i cant wait to see his answer Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 207657 Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 207657 Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 207657
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:15 pm

my sister is a teacher and im sure she work very hard to get to where she is

why would you say something like that

amazing, haveing penis measuring comparisons in job terms on the internet

and in the end, what would some pretentious noob who takes photos of himself infront of a mirror know about hard work? scotty boy is the type of guy who considers brushing his pubic hair with the same comb he uses for his head hair hard work
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Now's not the time for dick measuring,
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:

Fucking classic Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955 Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955 Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 70955 Now i cant wait to see his answer Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 207657 Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 207657 Did Chelsea buy their success? - Page 4 207657

is so easy to understand now

he holds contempt towards teachers, and calls them pedophile

obviously he is being molested by teacher and one point in time

or even he might still being molested since he does not even acknowledge that without teachers he would be on the dole

Scuba Steve wrote:Now's not the time for dick measuring,

to true

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 6:35 am