Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
ResurrectionRooney
Danny
blackskar
Ben
ram_cr7
Steadman
SBSP
Deacs
El Jefe
Jordi
Hitchy
Dave
Keanoo
Walcott
THFC-93
North_Sea_Tiger
mil1lion
Jamie
GK01
luke.
AriseForLife
Grenade
Barton
chiboygeorge
Mal
Royal
Cornholio
Lux
Carlos Jenkinson
33 posters

Gareth Bale

Anonymous

gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 3 Empty Re: Gareth Bale

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:43 pm

As much as I hate sp*rs, that was a bloody brilliant hattrick gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 3 688105
    Dave
    Dave

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Dave Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:57 pm

Brilliant performance last night but he is not world class.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:03 pm

grenade187 wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:All that was proved tonight is Maicon is overrated and NOT a good defender and Bale can finish just like Walcott does from the other side.

Just shows how good of a player he is. Maicon is regarded by many as one of, if not the best right back in the world and its not like Tottenham were playing good but he scores not 1, not 2, but 3 esquisite goals past arguably the best defensive team in the world.

Pretty much all his own work aswell.
    Im not being funny but 3 goals down Maicon's side of the pitch and he's supposed to be the best fullback in the world? His positioning is pure shit defensively. Credit to bale, but all he did was run in a straight line and then shoot?

Seriously first goal, Bail knocked the ball forward and Maicon was beaten... at the half way line! Second Goal, ball over the top to Bale Maicon was back at the halfway line again. Third goal.. Bale is unmarked on Maicons side of the box, Maicon is nowhere to be seen.

Gary Neville would have done a much better job defensively, and im not joking.
    Dave
    Dave

Post by Dave Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:07 pm

The-Reporter wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:All that was proved tonight is Maicon is overrated and NOT a good defender and Bale can finish just like Walcott does from the other side.

Just shows how good of a player he is. Maicon is regarded by many as one of, if not the best right back in the world and its not like Tottenham were playing good but he scores not 1, not 2, but 3 esquisite goals past arguably the best defensive team in the world.

Pretty much all his own work aswell.
    Im not being funny but 3 goals down Maicon's side of the pitch and he's supposed to be the best fullback in the world? His positioning is pure shit defensively. Credit to bale, but all he did was run in a straight line and then shoot?

Seriously first goal, Bail knocked the ball forward and Maicon was beaten... at the half way line! Second Goal, ball over the top to Bale Maicon was back at the halfway line again. Third goal.. Bale is unmarked on Maicons side of the box, Maicon is nowhere to be seen.

I do rate Maicon quite highly but no one can really argue with that.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:30 pm

The-Reporter wrote:Im not being funny but 3 goals down Maicon's side of the pitch and he's supposed to be the best fullback in the world? His positioning is pure shit defensively. Credit to bale, but all he did was run in a straight line and then shoot?

Good players make it look simple. For a start, having the pace to beat fast defenders is a massive plus point. It might not be to do with intelligence but it still contributes to being a star player. He also had the strength to hold them off, the skill to get past them and the intelligence to draw fouls out of them. Fullbacks don't just stand at the goal line...if you can beat a player like Maicon time and time again you're doing a lot of things right, especially when you stay onside.

Think about this......it's easy to slate Maicon for losing out to Bale.....but who else has stopped Bale recently? No one is the right answer.

Also Bale scored 3 powerful and precise shots against a top class goalkeeper.

In the end you could have your approach with any player. "Yeah Messi only runs in a line with a few zig zags past some defenders but it's just shit defenders not Messi being good"
    Hitchy
    Hitchy

Post by Hitchy Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm

For fucks sake - Bale world class? Bale the best left midfielder in the world?

Laughing
    Dave
    Dave

Post by Dave Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:38 pm

This is the same bloke that for a year, when he started, Tottenham ended up losing. It's not until 'arry started playing him as a left midfielder that he really came into his game.

Think about this......it's easy to slate Maicon for losing out to Bale.....but who else has stopped Bale recently? No one is the right answer.

I personally don't believe he played that well against City, Wigan, Wolves and West Ham during this season so far. For me, someone who's world class will perform on a consistent basis, for example, as mentioned earlier, Messi.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Dave wrote:I personally don't believe he played that well against City, Wigan, Wolves and West Ham during this season so far. For me, someone who's world class will perform on a consistent basis, for example, as mentioned earlier, Messi.

Wha? I thought he was great against City....hit the post twice didn't he? I don't watch every game Bale plays in (and I doubt you see 90 minutes of every game too) so yes when Spurs have a bad result against bad teams that doesn't look so good.

But even Messi doesn't play well every game. If you're going to base Bale on being bad on bad team results....then Hercules beating Barcelona has to be up there for Messi.

Dave wrote:This is the same bloke that for a year, when he started, Tottenham ended up losing. It's not until 'arry started playing him as a left midfielder that he really came into his game.

Again that's a team problem not necessarily Bale's fault. He's not as good at left back as he is at left midfield for sure, although in the last year he's become an all round better player, and Spurs have improved a lot too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:59 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    The-Reporter wrote:Im not being funny but 3 goals down Maicon's side of the pitch and he's supposed to be the best fullback in the world? His positioning is pure shit defensively. Credit to bale, but all he did was run in a straight line and then shoot?

Good players make it look simple. For a start, having the pace to beat fast defenders is a massive plus point. It might not be to do with intelligence but it still contributes to being a star player. He also had the strength to hold them off, the skill to get past them and the intelligence to draw fouls out of them. Fullbacks don't just stand at the goal line...if you can beat a player like Maicon time and time again you're doing a lot of things right, especially when you stay onside.

Also Bale scored 3 powerful and precise shots against a top class goalkeeper.

In the end you could have your approach with any player. "Yeah Messi only runs in a line with a few zig zags past some defenders but it's just shit defenders not Messi being good"
    No because the defenders are at least in good positions to stop Messi, yet he uses incredible agility to get around them. Maicon was badly positioned for the first 2 goals and as a fullback gave Bale no problem AT ALL, as soon as he got past the half way line Maicon was nowhere to be seen. Thats diabolical defending. Third goal Bale is unmarked on Maicons side of the box, Maicon yet again is nowhere in sight. Like i said.. credit to Bale but Maicon was absolutely terrible.

Did you see Ribery V Man Utd last season, he rips Gary Neville to pieces for pace yet Neville kept him quiet for the whole match through brilliant positioning and staying tight to him everytime he recieved the ball. Maicon did the opposite last night.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:05 am

I can't believe this is still being argued.

Football can create some truly comical moments.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:09 am

The-Reporter wrote:No because the defenders are at least in good positions to stop Messi, yet he uses incredible agility to get around them. Maicon was badly positioned for the first 2 goals and as a fullback gave Bale no problem AT ALL, as soon as he got past the half way line Maicon was nowhere to be seen. Thats diabolical defending. Third goal Bale is unmarked on Maicons side of the box, Maicon yet again is nowhere in sight. Like i said.. credit to Bale but Maicon was absolutely terrible.

Did you see Ribery V Man Utd last season, he rips Gary Neville to pieces for pace yet Neville kept him quiet for the whole match through brilliant positioning and staying tight to him everytime he recieved the ball. Maicon did the opposite last night.

Fair enough Maicon wasn't that good.....although that is hardly Bale's fault.

AriseForLife wrote:I can't believe this is still being argued.

Football can create some truly comical moments.

You create more than enough.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:10 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    You create more than enough.

No more than you.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:15 am

AriseForLife wrote:No more than you.

You already said you want to stop beating the dead horse, so get off your high horse whilst you're at it.

Are we supposed to be obliged to stop discussing (not arguing) when you say so?
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:16 am

I'm not beating a dead horse. Have I commented on his status since I posted that message? No.

I don't care what you do, I simply posted a message on a message board so stop getting all sensitive over nothing.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:18 am

For all the people saying Maicon is 'supposedly' the best right back in the world pay attention.

It's common knowledge people say he's the best attacking right back in the world you gimps.
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:22 am

AriseForLife wrote:I'm not beating a dead horse. Have I commented on his status since I posted that message? No.

I don't care what you do, I simply posted a message on a message board so stop getting all sensitive over nothing.

Go bum Wilshere Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:23 am

AriseForLife wrote:I'm not beating a dead horse. Have I commented on his status since I posted that message? No.

Yes, and I'm posting about the topic of this thread whilst you're making snide comments. Is it really me sensitive to what you're saying, or is it you jumping in to show your disbelief that we're trying to discuss something rather than make hostile remarks.

Bergkamp wrote:For all the people saying Maicon is 'supposedly' the best right back in the world pay attention.

It's common knowledge people say he's the best attacking right back in the world you gimps.

Yes......he's supposed to be the best at attacking the attackers who attack him.

eek

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:23 am

Bergkamp wrote:For all the people saying Maicon is 'supposedly' the best right back in the world pay attention.

shifty
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:26 am

Im like Maicon on Fifa Clubs. Im a RB but often find myself as a RW gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 3 499859
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:52 am

Walcott wrote:Im like Maicon on Fifa Clubs. Im a RB but often find myself as a RW gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 3 499859
    Sounds like Traore Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:28 am

Who is better then?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:30 am

Rei wrote:

Who is better then?

I said he's the best attacking right back eek
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:55 am

Bale is the best thing to come out of our academy this decade.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:59 am

Liebherr wrote:Bale is the best thing to come out of our academy this decade.

You better hope Southampton added some clauses in to that transfer. eek2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:59 am

Walcott might become amazing though.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:59 am

Bergkamp wrote:
    Liebherr wrote:Bale is the best thing to come out of our academy this decade.

You better hope Southampton added some clauses in to that transfer. eek2

It was Rupert Lowe, so I doubt it Laughing
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:19 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Yes, and I'm posting about the topic of this thread whilst you're making snide comments. Is it really me sensitive to what you're saying, or is it you jumping in to show your disbelief that we're trying to discuss something rather than make hostile remarks.

Did I say anything about you posting in this thread? No. Last I checked I didn't say anything about you because I don't care what you do. I simply posted a comment that I find it funny that this is being debated still and you chose to runaway with that comment. So that being said I would say it definitely it YOU being sensitive to my comment because there was nothing negative or snide about any comment that I have made.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:20 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    Walcott wrote:Im like Maicon on Fifa Clubs. Im a RB but often find myself as a RW gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 3 499859

Armand is a winger though....I think the more accurate statement would be sounds like Eboue since he is a natural RB that thinks he is a full time RW.

Not his fault Wenger keeps trying to play him as a RB when everyone on the earth knows he is terrible at defending.
    Dave
    Dave

Post by Dave Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:24 am

AriseForLife wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:

Armand is a winger though....I think the more accurate statement would be sounds like Eboue since he is a natural RB that thinks he is a full time RW.

Not his fault Wenger keeps trying to play him as a RB when everyone on the earth knows he is terrible at defending.

A natural RB but everyone knows he can't defend? Then he's not much of a RB.

He can play anywhere down the right hand side but is confident at taking opponents on. It's hard to adapt his game when he's been shoved in at RW then had to play RB whenever Sagna has a knock.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:45 am

That's why I said his example would have been better suited to saying sounds like Eboue rather than sounds like Traore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:32 pm