Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Jeff
El_indian
Keanoo
GK01
Mal
Phadunkin Donuts
easley91
Van Wolfswinkel
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
LFC_Grunners
El Jefe
George
Theo Filippo
Danny
Laurencio
ResurrectionRooney
Arsenal
Steadman
Kuled
Benitez
Jordi
Jord
Emma
27 posters

What are your thoughts on Gareth Bale?

Emma
    Emma

What are your thoughts on Gareth Bale? Empty What are your thoughts on Gareth Bale?

Post by Emma Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:48 am

Personally I feel he is a great talent but doesn't deserve all the hype he gets, I have only seen him play great in a few games this season and last season he was only remembered mainly for the Inter Milan game.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

What are your thoughts on Gareth Bale? Empty Re: What are your thoughts on Gareth Bale?

Post by Jord Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:49 am

I think I speak for everyone when I say he's a very good player but considered too good by the media.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

What are your thoughts on Gareth Bale? Empty Re: What are your thoughts on Gareth Bale?

Post by Jordi Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:50 am

Excellent left back.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:50 am

Kick and run
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:50 am

Thought he was overrated last season and didn't the deserve the PFA player of the year award at all (Nani did) but this season he's done really well and has deserved all the praise he's getting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:51 am

Overrated, but not bad.
    Anonymous

Underrated
    Anonymous

Some people overrate him, some people underrate him, as it is he's quality.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:53 am

I signed him on FIFA because I love pace on the wing <3
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:53 am

One of the best attacking players in the Premier League now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:56 am

Sky Sports over-rate him, as they do with many Premier League players. However, he's become a great player this season and if he continues his good performances and adds some diversity to his game, he can easily become one of the best wingers in Europe.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:58 am

Overhyped last season, living up to the hype this season. Very good wide midfielder.
    Arsenal
    Arsenal

Supports : Arsenal Football Club

Post by Arsenal Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:59 am

Great player no doubt. Devilish left foot, speed, and can knock in a goal or two.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 am

Fantastic player. Would love him at Liverpool.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:00 am

Excellent footballer who it's become extremely fashionable to call overrated.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:01 am

I wish he was English shifty
    Emma
    Emma

Post by Emma Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:01 am

Reckon he will stay at Tottenham?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:03 am

Last year I thought he was really overrated and didn't deserve the Prem player of the year award.

I think he's been great this year though.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:04 am

Emma wrote:Reckon he will stay at Tottenham?
    Depends how well they do.

If they're consistently in Europe I could see him staying.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:04 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Excellent footballer who it's become extremely fashionable to call overrated.

That's what I've always thought. People say that the Bale love-in is a bandwagon, but to me, it seems as if saying Bale is overrated is another bandwagon filled with people who think/act like they're intelligent when it comes to football.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:06 am

BladeGunner wrote:Sky Sports over-rate him, as they do with many Premier League players. However, he's become a great player this season and if he continues his good performances and adds some diversity to his game, he can easily become one of the best wingers in Europe.
    Yeah agree with that.
    George
    George

Supports : Liverpool, Woking

Post by George Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:07 am

Good player. We will only see if he is as great as the media says he is if he plays in Europe more often. No doubt he was great last time he did.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:09 am

I think he's the best winger in the league, alongside Nani. No joke.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:13 am

Laurencio wrote:I think he's the best winger in the league, alongside Nani. No joke.
    Not really an achievement. Laughing
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:18 am

Can't deny his quality. So many people started calling him overrated that he became underrated. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:19 am

I think Bale is top class, and he is playing as good as any player in the league at the moment. He is up there with the best of them.
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:24 am

imo he's neither over or under-rated, Yes he did get a lot of hype around the Milan game, but what else do you expect? A lad from a small village in Wales tearing the great Milan apart...It's gold for journalists! It wasn't just British newspapers praising him, the press all across Europe were.

Emma wrote:Reckon he will stay at Tottenham?

Can't see him moving in the near future, but if he does I reckon he'll go to Madrid....certainly don't see him moving to another English Club.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:25 am

Media over rated him last season, general public under rated him. this season hes been sublime
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:27 am

Got nothing on Snodgrass tbh.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:28 am

Scott wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Excellent footballer who it's become extremely fashionable to call overrated.

That's what I've always thought. People say that the Bale love-in is a bandwagon, but to me, it seems as if saying Bale is overrated is another bandwagon filled with people who think/act like they're intelligent when it comes to football.

True. He might be a bit overrated after that excellent performance against Inter and the plaudits it generated, and winning the Player of the Year award, but it's massively unfair to simply use the term 'overrated' to describe him, as he's still an excellent footballer, and how highly he's rated has zero impact on his real quality.

Apart from being useless, I always find the use of the term 'overrated' to be a big arrogant and self aggrandising anyway. The real meaning of the term is 'I don't think he's as good as most other people do', but overrated implies that everyone else is wrong and the person making the statement is right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:41 pm