Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
ResurrectionRooney
Danny
blackskar
Ben
ram_cr7
Steadman
SBSP
Deacs
El Jefe
Jordi
Hitchy
Dave
Keanoo
Walcott
THFC-93
North_Sea_Tiger
mil1lion
Jamie
GK01
luke.
AriseForLife
Grenade
Barton
chiboygeorge
Mal
Royal
Cornholio
Lux
Carlos Jenkinson
33 posters

Gareth Bale

Mal
    Mal

gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 5 Empty Re: Gareth Bale

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:46 pm

kyro7 wrote:In the league Bale hasn't been all that, but his goal v Stoke was sex. gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 5 279869

He's still been good though.

He's been good, dribbling has been good, his goals that he has scored have been good but there's not enough end product. Arshavin is a lazy arsehole but he has more goals and much more assists than Bale. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Mal wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:In the league Bale hasn't been all that, but his goal v Stoke was sex. gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 5 279869

He's still been good though.

He's been good, dribbling has been good, his goals that he has scored have been good but there's not enough end product. Arshavin is a lazy arsehole but he has more goals and much more assists than Bale. Neutral
    Andrei Arshavin is World Class Cool
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:51 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Is that serious?
    If so, give us a bit of credit. Neutral

Cmon Neutral......I'm not saying Bale would score a hattrick or anything but he was obviously preserving himself. Usually he'd take on and beat the defender way more often...in that game he was either passing it back or putting in early crosses.

Mal wrote:Seriosuly Bale has had two good performances this season and he's being over hyped yes he's a good player but not as good as you people make him out to be.

Stat from Opta: 102 players have more assists in the Premier League than Gareth Bale (0) this season.

gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 5 158228

Assists are a dodgy stat. He could've easily done all the work, passed it someone who then assisted the goalscorer. People who are a big part of the goal but don't make the final pass or goal are never given the credit they should get.

19Jones19v wrote:It's not that people are hating on Bale. What I and other people are saying is that once he starts to produce the performance he done against Inter in the Premier League on a regular basis, then he can be labelled as world class. Yes he scored against Chelsea, Arsenal and Inter, but a world class footballer performes on a high level on regular basis consistently. He's certainly close though.

Well who do you consider world class in the Premier League then? I can't think of many who are more consistent than him. Don't you think it's a bit ironic that he's only getting attention in the big games? It's not like only doing well against the best teams.....probably more to do with Spurs games not being watched and in the spotlight every game.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Mal wrote:He's been good, dribbling has been good, his goals that he has scored have been good but there's not enough end product. Arshavin is a lazy arsehole but he has more goals and much more assists than Bale. Neutral
    19Jones19v wrote:
    Andrei Arshavin is World Class Cool

You talk about consistency and then say Arshavin is world class? Arshavin is a striker whilst Bale is a winger....
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Arshavin is a left winger at Arsenal. Arshavin produces more than Bale and Arshavin isn't world class, therefore Bale isn't world class. Ronaldo plays on the left wing and has like 38 goals in his last 38 games, what is Bale's stats? I don't know why you're bumming him, he has been good in three matches this season (Both Inter games and Stoke away)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:Cmon Neutral......I'm not saying Bale would score a hattrick or anything but he was obviously preserving himself. Usually he'd take on and beat the defender way more often...in that game he was either passing it back or putting in early crosses.

Every time he got the ball Rafael was straight at him not letting him go anywhere, the one time he got a bit of space he ran through the middle and had a shot, didn't look like he was preserving him self, we didn't give him time, we didn't let him do what he wanted to do, personally I think what you're saying is a load of shit but fair enough. Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:58 pm

Mal wrote:Arshavin is a left winger at Arsenal. Arshavin produces more than Bale and Arshavin isn't world class, therefore Bale isn't world class. Ronaldo plays on the left wing and has like 38 goals in his last 38 games, what is Bale's stats? I don't know why you're bumming him, he has been good in three matches this season (Both Inter games and Stoke away)

lol, that's just ridiculous........

Bale is a winger...Arshavin is a striker playing as a winger in a 4-3-3 formation. Very different.....same as Ronaldo too (although Ronaldo is better easily).

Bale hasn't just been good in both Inter games and Stoke away....only saying that because he scored a good goal in Stoke and the Inter games were high profile.

kyro7 wrote:
    Every time he got the ball Rafael was straight at him not letting him go anywhere, the one time he got a bit of space he ran through the middle and had a shot, didn't look like he was preserving him self, we didn't give him time, we didn't let him do what he wanted to do, personally I think what you're saying is a load of shit but fair enough. Laughing

Rafael > Maicon :?...I know it's not as simple as that but still highly doubt that Bale was being stopped from doing what he wanted to do. How many times did Rafael actually tackle Bale? Bale barely needs any space he just finds a way through defenders.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:01 pm

Arshavin is not a striker and never has been a striker, what the fuck are you on about?

No, Bale has performed really well in three games this season. He has been less than impressive in most so I don't know what games you've been watching.

If Bale is world class then Nasri, Walcott, Song, Adam Johnson and Nani are world class (There's plenty more I could add too) Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Mal wrote:Arshavin is not a striker and never has been a striker, what the fuck are you on about?

No, Bale has performed really well in three games this season. He has been less than impressive in most so I don't know what games you;ve been watching.

If Bale is world class then Nasri, Walcott and Song are world class. Neutral

Bale used to be a left back.....Arshavin has played as a striker for Arsenal and the formation is different.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Arshavin played as a striker for Arsenal when Bendtner, Van Persie and Eduardo were injured, Arshavin is not a striker and never has been.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 pm

That ain't the point anyway, if Arshavin and Bale were merged together that would be a world class player. Bale isn't lazy and he can take on his man, on the other hand Arshavin has all the craft and skill to make something out of nothing and his finishing ability is brilliant.

Bale is not world class. End of.

Last edited by Mal on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:Rafael > Maicon :?...I know it's not as simple as that but still highly doubt that Bale was being stopped from doing what he wanted to do. How many times did Rafael actually tackle Bale? Bale barely needs any space he just finds a way through defenders.

Oh fucking dear.

I'm a huge fan of Bale's ability, I think he will be world class, and is one of the best left wingers at his best.

But what you're saying is hilarious, so just because Maicon is better than Rafael, but Rafael kept Bale quiet it means he wasn't trying?

That's fucking ridiculous, so if Rooney scored a hattrick v Lucio, then didn't score v a normal premier league side, does that mean Lucio's defensive abilities aren't as good, or Rooney wasn't trying in a league game?

You're getting so frustrated that people are hating on Bale that you're doing the exact opposite and overrating him and licking his arsehole.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Mal wrote:Arshavin played as a striker for Arsenal when Bendtner, Van Persie and Eduardo were injured, Arshavin is not a striker and never has been.

Contradiction alert.

Either way...are you that difficult in that you're either a Left midfielder or a Striker?....
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Luxz0rz wrote:Rafael > Maicon :?...I know it's not as simple as that but still highly doubt that Bale was being stopped from doing what he wanted to do. How many times did Rafael actually tackle Bale? Bale barely needs any space he just finds a way through defenders.

Oh fucking dear.

I'm a huge fan of Bale's ability, I think he will be world class, and is one of the best left wingers at his best.

But what you're saying is hilarious, so just because Maicon is better than Rafael, but Rafael kept Bale quiet it means he wasn't trying?

That's fucking ridiculous, so if Rooney scored a hattrick v Lucio, then didn't score v a normal premier league side, does that mean Lucio's defensive abilities aren't as good, or Rooney wasn't trying in a league game?

You're getting so frustrated that people are hating on Bale that you're doing the exact opposite and overrating him and licking his arsehole.

Na....like I said in my post "It's not as simple as that.."

I could say the same about you...you're getting pretty frustrated with me because I think Bale wasn't trying 100% against Utd and you take that as an insult.

If you don't agree then fine...there's no need for us to get all hormonal about it

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Bale is no consistent in the Premier League, he's only had 3 wonderful games this season and only one came in the Premiership, what did he do against Wigan when they lost at home?, what did he do at Old Trafford? What did he do at Home to Everton? Nothing he's a class player, but if you're going to say you don't know anyone in the Premier League who's been more consistent of Bale at least back it up.

Bale's finding it harder to produce performances like his in the Premiership because teams know how to keep him in their back pocket i.e. Neville and the United defence, Wigan's etc. He even had a say on Sky Sports that he needs to learn from Cristiano Ronaldo on how to beat players when teams double up on him. It's harsh to compare him to Ronaldo, Messi and players of that calibur, but those players still beat their markers and produce regularly in their league.

As I've said before once he starts to do it in the Premier League then people can put Bale's name in the same sentence as World Class.

And Andrei Arshavin is World Class, don't piss me off smug
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Oh fucking dear.

Na....like I said in my post "It's not as simple as that.."

I could say the same about you...you're getting pretty frustrated with me because I think Bale wasn't trying 100% against Utd and you take that as an insult.

Yeah because you're saying something when you have no idea if he was trying or not, you're just licking his arsehole and he wasn't trying because he couldn't do anything, I bet he wasn't trying v Everton when he done fuck all as well.

Was he saving him self for shagging a bird later on that night?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:10 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Mal wrote:Arshavin played as a striker for Arsenal when Bendtner, Van Persie and Eduardo were injured, Arshavin is not a striker and never has been.

Contradiction alert.

Either way...are you that difficult in that you're either a Left midfielder or a Striker?....

What the fuck are you on about?!!!

Arshavin has played in a central attacking midfield role his whole life, he came to Arsenal and was put out on the left wing. How the fuck does that make him a striker just because he had to play their because of injuries? When Blackburn are losing they send Samba up to be a striker for the last few minutes, that doesn't make him a striker, he is a centre back playing that role.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 pm

19Jones19v wrote:Bale is no consistent in the Premier League, he's only had 3 wonderful games this season and only one came in the Premiership, what did he do against Wigan when they lost at home?, what did he do at Old Trafford? What did he do at Home to Everton? Nothing he's a class player, but if you're going to say you don't know anyone in the Premier League who's been more consistent of Bale at least back it up.

Bale's finding it harder to produce performances like his in the Premiership because teams know how to keep him in their back pocket i.e. Neville and the United defence, Wigan's etc. He even had a say on Sky Sports that he needs to learn from Cristiano Ronaldo on how to beat players when teams double up on him. It's harsh to compare him to Ronaldo, Messi and players of that calibur, but those players still beat their markers and produce regularly in their league.

As I've said before once he starts to do it in the Premier League then people can put Bale's name in the same sentence as World Class.

And Andrei Arshavin is World Class, don't piss me off gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 5 601554

I don't think he's played well in EVERY game....but it's unfair to expect Bale to carry Spurs everytime they're doing badly. I also don't describe world class players as being as good as Messi/Ronaldo..they're at super human level. If Bale was amazing in every game we'd know about it, but no one is amazing in every game so there's your answer...no need to expect too much of him. I think he's put in more than 3 top quality performances this season.....and for me Arshavin as a whole hasn't been better this season...but Arsenal are a very good team and now that you've got almost a full squad that makes it easier for Arshavin.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:14 pm

You're just chatting shit now, Tottenham have a good squad. How does Arsenal having a good squad make it easier for Arshavin?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 pm

FUCK MY LIFE.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:17 pm

kyro7 wrote:Yeah because you're saying something when you have no idea if he was trying or not, you're just licking his arsehole and he wasn't trying because he couldn't do anything, I bet he wasn't trying v Everton when he done fuck all as well.

Was he saving him self for shagging a bird later on that night?

Yes, and all the people saying he was shit against United have any more idea than me if he was trying or not :?. It's not even like I'm saying this because Bale did nothing against United...I already thought he'd be rested/not go all out against United before the match had even started (because Europe is so important to Spurs and the 2 games were so close...).

What reason do I have to lick Bale's arse? Don't even answer...just calm down.

Mal wrote:What the fuck are you on about?!!!

Arshavin has played in a central attacking midfield role his whole life, he came to Arsenal and was put out on the left wing. How the fuck does that make him a striker just because he had to play their because of injuries? When Blackburn are losing they send Samba up to be a striker for the last few minutes, that doesn't make him a striker, he is a centre back playing that role.

It doesn't make him the same as Bale though does it? Think we've been arguing two different things here....can we just agree that Arshavin is a more attacking and central player than Bale?...even if he's not your conventional striker?

Mal wrote:You're just chatting shit now, Tottenham have a good squad. How does Arsenal having a good squad make it easier for Arshavin?

....It makes it a lot easier than when Arshavin had to be the lone striker.....? That's not chatting shit at all...and if you think Spurs squad is as good as Arsenal's....even when Defoe, Dawson, King and Corluka are fit....then you're chatting shit Laughing. I can't believe an Arsenal fan is defending Spurs squad....

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:19 pm

But it doesn't matter what positions they have played anyway. Bale is not world class.

Bale's stats in the premier league are 2 goals(in one game) and 0 assists. How the fuck is that world class? I really want to see what you come up with for an answer.

Last edited by Mal on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:19 pm

gareth bale - Gareth Bale - Page 5 Head
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 pm

Mal wrote:But it doesn't matter what positions they have played anyway. Bale is not world class.

Bale's stats in the premier league are 2 goals(in one game) and 0 assists. How the fuck is that world class?

I didn't realise you have to score goals and make assists to be a great player. Just whatever...I can't be asked with all this if you think Bale isn't world class....fine?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:21 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:Yes, and all the people saying he was shit against United have any more idea than me if he was trying or not :?. It's not even like I'm saying this because Bale did nothing against United...I already thought he'd be rested/not go all out against United before the match had even started (because Europe is so important to Spurs and the 2 games were so close...).

What reason do I have to lick Bale's arse? Don't even answer...just calm down.

Neutral

Because what they are saying is FACT, he was poor v us, they are not making something up like you are, it's totally different. doh

I can't believe what you're saying, lets just leave it at that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:
    Mal wrote:But it doesn't matter what positions they have played anyway. Bale is not world class.

Bale's stats in the premier league are 2 goals(in one game) and 0 assists. How the fuck is that world class?

I didn't realise you have to score goals and make assists to be a great player. Just whatever...I can't be asked with all this if you think Bale isn't world class....fine?
    Me > Bale.

Anyone can score against Inter now, haven't you heard? RAFA TOOK CHARGE WHICH INSTANTLY MAKES EVERYONE PLAY LIKE SPASTICS Neutral
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:25 pm

Luxz0rz wrote:

Well you do, that is the point in football. Bale hasn't performed that well in any games apart from the two Inter games and the game at Stoke and even that game he wasn't that good but he scored two goals.

Your defending of Bale is not working, if you are playing left wing and you are world class you should have more than 2 goals and 0 assists in 10 games, I can even go have a look and see how many key passes he has made if you want Neutral.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:42 am

Soon he's gonna have Bacalona DNA soon....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:49 am

xNiPPY wrote:Soon he's gonna have Bacalona DNA soon....

Why would he have Barcelona DNA when he's not from Barcelona and didn't play for the club as a youngster and grow up with Barcelona?

Oh I get it because they said that about Fabregas they're going to try and take Bale as well.

Silly me.

Mad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:53 am

Matt Jarvis>Bale -_-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:30 pm