Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Zzonked
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Theo Filippo
Barton
Lux
Childish Logic
superspurs1337
Muhkoo
jeb4eva
Demoz
Kelloggg8
RafaVDV
Roloman4
dena
ResurrectionRooney
Pippo
SBSP
El_indian
Bye_Ya
menalawyerguy
GK01
Mustangt125
mac
28 posters

Republican Nominees

Poll

Who would you vote for?

[ 2 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_left6%Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_left6%Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_left3%Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_left9%Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_left13%Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_left44%Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_left0%Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_left9%Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_left3%Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_left0%Republican Nominees - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]

Total Votes: 32
    Poll closed
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Republican Nominees - Page 2 Empty Re: Republican Nominees

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:19 pm

None of these guys could do worse than Obama. In spite of a campaign based on "hope and change," Obama hasn't changed anything, other than to hoist an obnoxious health care entitlement on us that we do not want and cannot afford. He won the election thanks in part to the momentum he gained in the wake of 2008 toxic paper meltdown when he eloquently and passionately criticized the culture of greed on Wall Street. 3 years later, what has he done about said culture? There's still a revolving door between the executive positions at Wall Street firms and the economic advisors to the president. Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan are two of Obama's biggest donors. Meanwhile, each new budget is a record breaker, federal debt is piling higher and faster than at any point since World War II and the only ground Obama has to fall back on is to blame it all on the previous administration. But that ship has sailed. He's three years in and two of those years featured Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress. He owns it now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:51 am

In case you missed it...

jeb4eva
    jeb4eva

Supports : Manchester United

Post by jeb4eva Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:09 am

I don't think any of them would stand a chance against Obama in the election.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:19 am

jeb4eva wrote:I don't think any of them would stand a chance against Obama in the election.

Ron Paul.

I barely know anything about Herman Cain, but he didn't sound bad during the debate.

EDIT: I agree with most of Cain's economic policies, but disagree with most of his social and foreign policies among other issues.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:30 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    jeb4eva wrote:I don't think any of them would stand a chance against Obama in the election.

Ron Paul.

I barely know anything about Herman Cain, but he didn't sound bad during the debate.

EDIT: I agree with most of Cain's economic policies, but disagree with most of his social and foreign policies among other issues.

Herman Cain is a shambolic attempt at a politician, it is a great shame that all he has to do is convince gullible morons like you to have faith in him and he will become President.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:40 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Ron Paul.

Herman Cain is a shambolic attempt at a politician, it is a great shame that all he has to do is convince gullible morons like you to have faith in him and he will become President.

I never said I support him as President, let alone most of his policies/ideas. If there is anyone who is a moron, it would have to be you at putting words into people's mouths. You would make a good politician seeing you are a master of twisting people's words and spread absolutely lies.

I'm interested in hearing your concerns about Herman Cain policies though since you seem to think that his policies are wrong.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Ron Paul.

Ron Paul won't stand a chance-

It also pisses me off that he is postulating as a Republican...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:19 am

Roloman4 wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

Ron Paul.

Why? In the US you only have a chance if you are either Democratic or Republican. His general view is there should be less government, which corresponds to the views of the Republican party.

Is your view on Ron Paul's chances due to your disagreement with his policies or something outside of that?
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:24 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Roloman4 wrote:

Why? In the US you only have a chance if you are either Democratic or Republican. His general view is there should be less government, which corresponds to the views of the Republican party.

Is your view on Ron Paul's chances due to your disagreement with his policies or something outside of that?

I'm actually an anarcho-collectivist, so as far as government goes, I am against it, period, however I am not on the right as far as economic policies go.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:26 am

Roloman4 wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

I'm actually an anarcho-collectivist, so as far as government goes, I am against it, period, however I am not on the right as far as economic policies go.

OK, you didn't answer my last question though.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:14 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Roloman4 wrote:

OK, you didn't answer my last question though.

I just don't think that the American public would give him a chance, things are so polarized now that anyone in the middle, which seems to be what he is in.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:27 pm

QwertyKirby wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:Haha, thanks for the shout out man.

Any of them in a coma would be a better President than Obama.

He's a pretty good president.

You clearly have a loose grip on American politics. Among independents, those who won him the election in 2008 his approval is one of the lowest of all time at this point. It's not that high among democrats either, outside of the hardcore nutty liberals.

He is one of the worst presidents in the country's history, actually.

I hope the Democrats run somebody against Obama in the primary, like multiple democratic legislators have said they hope as well.

He is the worst possible man to lead the country. No president history before has ever thought America was at fault for all the problems in the world before this loser.

This country cannot survive as we have known it for another four years with this guy in charge. It would be an absolute catastrophe if he were to win reelection.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:30 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:
    QwertyKirby wrote:

You clearly have a loose grip on American politics. Among independents, those who won him the election in 2008 his approval is one of the lowest of all time at this point. It's not that high among democrats either, outside of the hardcore nutty liberals.

I hope the Democrats run somebody against Obama in the primary, like multiple democratic legislators have said they hope as well.

He is the worst possible man to lead the country. No president history before has ever thought America was at fault for all the problems in the world before this loser.

This country cannot survive as we have known it for another four years with this guy in charge. It would be an absolute catastrophe if he were to win reelection.
    Just shut up.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Another quality response from SB.

Also, I won't shutup especially when you of all people tell me to. If you have nothing intelligent to add to the convo, then fuck off you faggot.

You are like a 15 yearold, you have no knowledge whatsoever of the world concerning of economics, business, world politics whatsoever.

So, just shut up.

Edit: also, this is a public forum so I can post whatever I want you douchebag. If anything it is healthy for the forum to have good discussion like this, especially I said nothing harmful toward anybody in that post. Also, if you read the entire thread you would know that the OP was interested in what I, specifically, NOT YOU, had to say on the matter. So beat it queer.

Last edited by Mustangt125 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm "like a 15 yearold [sic]" because I am 16. Hurr Durr Derp Derp
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Yeah I said 15 without looking, was close.

I won't post here for a day or two, I am sure I will receive a beating for that post because all the British people here under 20 but have masters in American politics AND economics, so it'll be intersting to see what they have to say.

One question before I go and let people respond is this:

Why are you all so behind Obama? You know he spent more in one year on the stimulus, that failed mightily, than Bush spent in eight years. Involved in this stimulus was a company called Solyndra. Now, we have had "global warming" (proven to be nothing) and "green jobs" which are hogwash, shoved down our throat by the environmentalist wackos for the last few years. So Obama told us this stimulus of his would get green jobs going and the economy going. Involved in this was $500 million to this company called Solyndra, which was operated by a friend of Obama's and who were a top contributor to Obama's campaign in 2008.

This company just went bankrupt. The White House economists knew and published that this company would go bankrup in, and I quote "September 2011". Each unit they sold, it cost twice to produce it. It's f ailed business model.

Now Obama wants another $500 billion for another stimulus. Does he think we're retarded.

Now, the question I want to leave you with is how come you aren't all aware of this? Could it be the media? How come Obama isn't being ripped for corruption and giving to big businesses like a Republican would?

Discuss. If you guys dont believe what I have just said, it has been printed en masse, and is all fact. He is a corrupt Chicago goon, we can't go another 4 with this loser.

Last edited by Mustangt125 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:You clearly have a loose grip on American politics. Among independents, those who won him the election in 2008 his approval is one of the lowest of all time at this point. It's not that high among democrats either, outside of the hardcore nutty liberals.

There's not a single fact in there. Laughing I doubt anyone's interested in hearing your opinion 20 times after you've already made it clear you hate Obama. You've not even backed it up, short of saying he has a low approval rating.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:45 pm

I never said the word fact in that post you quoted first of all.

And actually the OP said something along the lines of "...I'm sure Mustang will have his say..." Nowhere in any post did anybody say "Wonder what SB has to say?"

Also, again, I can give my opinoin on the subject, especially as I am infinitely more knowledgeable on the issue at hand than you.

And in the vein, if nobody care what I say, then certainly anything you have to say holds no water whatsoever.

Edit: I'm out, have at it. I'll beback in a couple days.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Would the both of you shut the fuck up and get back on topic.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Bill Clinton

Ron Paul seems like the best choice but i don't believe a republican is good choice in any way.

I think Obama has done more for US than people realise, of course i also would have prefered if he ran into the government guns blazing and just did a reboot, but at the same time that might have been too risky during a recession where the Republican congress members have been little to no help. It's a flawed system and i hope always that we'll never turn in to that here.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 pm

ahlycotc wrote:

I never said I support him as President, let alone most of his policies/ideas. If there is anyone who is a moron, it would have to be you at putting words into people's mouths. You would make a good politician seeing you are a master of twisting people's words and spread absolutely lies.

I'm interested in hearing your concerns about Herman Cain policies though since you seem to think that his policies are wrong.

His views on healthcare are inexcusable, unbelievably ignorant/dishonest. He claimed in the debate last week that he suffered from cancer in the United States, but in a country with Universal Health Care, such as the United Kingdom, he would be dead because he'd have had to wait 6 months for an essential scan.

1. I live in a country that has Universal Healthcare, that's NOT how it works, if you need an essential scan, you get it almost immediately, whereas if you want a new knee or a new hip, something non essential, you might have to wait a bit longer.

2. A millionaire like Herman Cain would never have to wait for anything, because he'd have private healthcare, just like he does in the US. I know people who have used private healthcare in this country.

3. With no universal healthcare, 50m people in the US would die in Mr. Cain's situation because they are not insured and would not be able to pay for it, not without selling their possessions anyway.

It absolutely fucking amazes me how resistant you guys are to the idea of Universal Healthcare.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:36 pm

I don't know a lot about politics but I believe that whoever comes in for Obama is also going to fail miserably!
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:49 pm

El_indian wrote:I don't know a lot about politics but I believe that whoever comes in for Obama is also going to fail miserably!

What an interesting opinion.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:54 pm

yeah
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:47 pm

i cant remember who said it but some dumbass said that if stephen hawking was british the NHS would of killed him
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:03 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:i cant remember who said it but some dumbass said that if stephen hawking was british the NHS would of killed him

Yeah, that was years ago though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6017878/Stephen-Hawking-I-would-not-be-alive-without-the-NHS.html
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:15 am

ahlycotc wrote:

His views on healthcare are inexcusable, unbelievably ignorant/dishonest. He claimed in the debate last week that he suffered from cancer in the United States, but in a country with Universal Health Care, such as the United Kingdom, he would be dead because he'd have had to wait 6 months for an essential scan.

1. I live in a country that has Universal Healthcare, that's NOT how it works, if you need an essential scan, you get it almost immediately, whereas if you want a new knee or a new hip, something non essential, you might have to wait a bit longer.

2. A millionaire like Herman Cain would never have to wait for anything, because he'd have private healthcare, just like he does in the US. I know people who have used private healthcare in this country.

3. With no universal healthcare, 50m people in the US would die in Mr. Cain's situation because they are not insured and would not be able to pay for it, not without selling their possessions anyway.

It absolutely fucking amazes me how resistant you guys are to the idea of Universal Healthcare.

I support the idea of universal healthcare. I don't see that happening here anytime soon though because Republicans and the health care corporations are too greedy.
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Post by Roloman4 Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:43 am

Ahmed, are you a socially conservative economic liberal?

If so, you are the first one I have ever met.
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:04 am

Mustangt125 wrote:
    QwertyKirby wrote:

I don't really...give him a break. He inherited a huge mess from you-know-who. He couldn't pull off a miracle, teehee neu laugh okay he is just making a bigger mess...I never saw this not happening south, regardless of your president.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:23 am

ahlycotc wrote:

Depends on what is considered "essential," doesn't it? I know specifically of people in the UK who had to wait for an operation after breaking a leg, or rupturing a kidney. They lived. Those weren't life threatening per se, but they waited six months to get what they needed. In the U.S., you walk right in when you need a leg operation...even if you don't have insurance, btw. The pitfall is if you don't have insurance, you might wind up with a monumental debt on your head. That sucks, no doubt about it. But you won't get ignored. It's kind of a pick your poison thing. The English have decided they want everybody to be covered, no matter what...even if that results in some people waiting a little longer for attention. We have decided that waiting for service is not cool...but that sacrifices 20% of the folks. It's a tough situation to be in. More on that later....

Haha...you should be an American politician...you know how to play on people's fears...You could say "50 million would die if Cain gets his way." It might work. I get your point, but only about 3 million people (total) die in America per year. I know what you mean, you are saying if all of the uninsured got the same cancer as Cain, they would die. Fair enough. If you are uninsured and you get prostate cancer, your chances of dying are high. Agreed...that blows. But there's a bigger picture here (inb4menaisheartless)

We have a whole different ball of wax to deal with that you folks do.

#1, we are already going bankrupt. We cannot afford the entitlements we do have, let alone another massive entitlement. We are trying to cut our budget and our deficits. We are trying (perhaps in vain) to save our currency. We can't afford this.

#2: We have 300 million+ people to take care of, not including folks who are here against our own rules. We take care of the latter too, btw. If they show up to the emergency room with a kid about to be born, we deliver it...FREE OF CHARGE! Oh, btw, that kid is born with American citizenship. How cruel are we! Our hospitals also treat anybody with a serious injury without asking any questions. They charge in retrospect, but if the patient is an illegal immigrant...TAXPAYERS foot the bill! Yippie!

These are just anecdotes. The big picture view of things is we cannot afford universal health care. Not as long as Canada, Eastern Europe, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and the kings of the Middle East need us to take care of their international security. I won't vote for Herman Cain. I want Ron Paul. But Cain is at least a self-made man. He is the son of a janitor and house cleaner, and he made his millions off of taking slumping businesses and returning them to profitability. He has real world experience. Compare and contrast him to the career community organizer we have in the Oval Office right now, and I would take a trade in a heartbeat.

Last edited by menalawyerguy on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:30 pm