Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Zzonked
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Theo Filippo
Barton
Lux
Childish Logic
superspurs1337
Muhkoo
jeb4eva
Demoz
Kelloggg8
RafaVDV
Roloman4
dena
ResurrectionRooney
Pippo
SBSP
El_indian
Bye_Ya
menalawyerguy
GK01
Mustangt125
mac
28 posters

Republican Nominees

Poll

Who would you vote for?

[ 2 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_left6%Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_left6%Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_left3%Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_left9%Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_left13%Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_left44%Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_left0%Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_left9%Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_left3%Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_left0%Republican Nominees - Page 9 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]

Total Votes: 32
    Poll closed
    Anonymous

Republican Nominees - Page 9 Empty Re: Republican Nominees

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:08 pm

Keanoo wrote:I voted Rick Perry because he has a cool name.

You aren't much better than American voters. shifty
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:12 pm

It was a good point that that man made about Iran. Mutually Assured Destruction is a sound strategy against rational opponents, but against Muslims, who believe that they will go to paradise when they die, it is a great way of encouraging attack, as these people feel they will be better off. What America really needs is a President who will wipe Iran off the face off the Earth.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Ron Paul's foreign policy. not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:14 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:It was a good point that that man made about Iran. Mutually Assured Destruction is a sound strategy against rational opponents, but against Muslims, who believe that they will go to paradise when they die, it is a great way of encouraging attack, as these people feel they will be better off. What America really needs is a President who will wipe Iran off the face off the Earth.

Listen to Paul and stop being a troll.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Why wouldn't Iran attack the US with a nuclear weapon if they disagreed with the US's policy? Surely Islam allows people who die in a war entry into heaven?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:19 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Why wouldn't Iran attack the US with a nuclear weapon if they disagreed with the US's policy? Surely Islam allows people who die in a war entry into heaven?

This isn't about you religion, it's about politics. Like Paul said, it's stupid to believe that over a billion of Muslims want to attack the USA. There are far more reasons as to why the Middle East and USA are clashing.

And no, death in any war doesn't guarantee heaven.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:21 pm

I can't believe Rick Perry is actually suggesting the USA should have made sure the next Egyptian government is one that the USA wants. facepalm
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:24 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Why wouldn't Iran attack the US with a nuclear weapon if they disagreed with the US's policy? Surely Islam allows people who die in a war entry into heaven?

This isn't about you religion, it's about politics. Like Paul said, it's stupid to believe that over a billion of Muslims want to attack the USA. There are far more reasons as to why the Middle East and USA are clashing.

I don't have a religion, dipshit. Religion is extremely relevant when we're talking about a Theocracy.
    ahlycotc wrote:I can't believe Rick Perry is actually suggesting the USA should have made sure the next Egyptian government is one that the USA wants. facepalm
    Yeah, the US government looking out for the US's interests, what a terrible idea.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:28 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    ahlycotc wrote:

I don't have a religion, dipshit. Religion is extremely relevant when we're talking about a Theocracy.
    ahlycotc wrote:I can't believe Rick Perry is actually suggesting the USA should have made sure the next Egyptian government is one that the USA wants. facepalm
    Yeah, the US government looking out for the US's interests, what a terrible idea.

I didn't say you have a religion. Neutral The point is, religion isn't the real reason for the hate between the Middle East and the West. It's about the USA getting their noses in everything in the Middle East like they own it. If it was just about religion, it would make more sense for the Islamic nations to attack atheist countries like Russia, China, North Korea, etc.

Making sure that the USA puts in a government of a different country without any regard to the people of the country, is a shitty idea. You are a fucking dumbass to actually believe that's good policy. How would you feel if another country came into the UK and chooses a government that fitted them and no regards to the British people?

Last edited by ahlycotc on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Some things never change.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:34 pm

The USA has such an addiction for war. Next, they want to enter war with Iran. If that happens, this country is screwed. And the voters are going to fall for the fear mongering that the politicians put out there to have an excuse to attack yet another nation. That's why Ron Paul is the best candidate. He knows why there is tension between the Middle East and the USA.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:51 pm

A person from the crowd just got up and started asking the candidates a question then got kicked out by security. rofl
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:01 pm

ahlycotc wrote:

I didn't say you have a religion. Neutral The point is, religion isn't the real reason for the hate between the Middle East and the West. It's about the USA getting their noses in everything in the Middle East like they own it. If it was just about religion, it would make more sense for the Islamic nations to attack atheist countries like Russia, China, North Korea, etc.

Making sure that the USA puts in a government of a different country without any regard to the people of the country, is a shitty idea. You are a fucking dumbass to actually believe that's good policy. How would you feel if another country came into the UK and chooses a government that fitted them and no regards to the British people?

The fact that Iranians believe they will go to heaven when they die if they are good Muslims (and virtually everyone believes they are a good person) is a reason not to trust in a policy of MAD when it comes to Iran. Nobody would fear death if they believed it resulted in paradise.

If the UK was in a state of chaos, with armed revolutionaries forcing the government out of office, and the military being the highest authority, then I would welcome US intervention.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:12 pm

ahlycotc wrote:

The fact that Iranians believe they will go to heaven when they die if they are good Muslims (and virtually everyone believes they are a good person) is a reason not to trust in a policy of MAD when it comes to Iran. Nobody would fear death if they believed it resulted in paradise.

If the UK was in a state of chaos, with armed revolutionaries forcing the government out of office, and the military being the highest authority, then I would welcome US intervention.

The USA is full of Christians and they would think the same about dying and going to heaven. Why are you avoiding the point and spreading unnecessary fear just like the American politicians? Maybe if the USA wasn't dicking around in the Middle East, bombing countries, attempting to control their governments, flying drones to spy and attack them, Iran wouldn't want to attack the USA. The USA shouldn't go around policing the world like they own it. Like I said, if this was just about religion, there are better targets to attack than the USA.

You are being dishonest. If a country like Iran came in the UK and set up their favorite government, you would not welcome that. Stop lying. The US to the UK is not the same as the US to Egypt. The people do not share the same ideas as the USA.

The sad thing is deep inside (I would hope so), you know that these policies are wrong. But you act like you support them just so you can troll me and others because you have an unhealthy obsession with me and Islam.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:05 pm

The problem with political jokes these days is that they might get elected.

not worthy
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:29 pm

ahlycotc wrote:

The USA is full of Christians and they would think the same about dying and going to heaven. Why are you avoiding the point and spreading unnecessary fear just like the American politicians? Maybe if the USA wasn't dicking around in the Middle East, bombing countries, attempting to control their governments, flying drones to spy and attack them, Iran wouldn't want to attack the USA. The USA shouldn't go around policing the world like they own it. Like I said, if this was just about religion, there are better targets to attack than the USA.

You are being dishonest. If a country like Iran came in the UK and set up their favorite government, you would not welcome that. Stop lying. The US to the UK is not the same as the US to Egypt. The people do not share the same ideas as the USA.

The sad thing is deep inside (I would hope so), you know that these policies are wrong. But you act like you support them just so you can troll me and others because you have an unhealthy obsession with me and Islam.

The US attacking Iran would not result in the destruction of the US though, it would, at worst, result in a city or two going up in smoke and some military deaths, as with Iran. You're right, there are better targets to attack, such as our allies, Israel. Why wait for the smoking gun?

It depends what sort of government they set up. If it was a theocracy I obviously wouldn't be very happy with that, but if it was a democracy of some description, with certain freedoms protected, then I would have no problem with that. I assume that is what those advocating US intervention would set up in somewhere like Egypt. It's clear that the Egyptians can't be trusted to run their own country without outside help.

My 'obsession' with Islam stems from its attacks on the West, and the virulent ideas that it propagates. How can you deter an enemy with no fear of death?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:37 pm

You lock them up hehe
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:39 pm

How do we lock Iran up?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:41 pm

I'm sure that there is a large amount of people in iran who are afraid of death.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Why would you be afraid of death if you are a Muslim?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Afraid of the punishment they will achieve in hell before they go to heaven. (some Muslims will go to hell before they go to heaven)

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:48 pm

NZG wrote:Afraid of the punishment they will achieve in hell before they go to heaven. (some Muslims will go to hell before they go to heaven)

Virtually no-one thinks they will go to hell, that is a myth.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:49 pm

NZG wrote:Afraid of the punishment they will achieve in hell before they go to heaven. (some Muslims will go to hell before they go to heaven)

Thinking that everyone thinks they are good person is a myth. While some people are over confident in the fact they are good, I know people who are afraid they are bad people when in fact they are very good people.

You can't group people together.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:51 pm

NZG wrote:

Thinking that everyone thinks they are good person is a myth. While some people are over confident in the fact they are good, I know people who are afraid they are bad people when in fact they are very good people.

They're just cowardly people though, and they're going to die eventually, why not in glorious self sacrifice wiping out Israel or a City in the United States?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:54 pm

NZG wrote:

They're just cowardly people though, and they're going to die eventually, why not in glorious self sacrifice wiping out Israel or a City in the United States?

Everyone will die eventually. It is not glorious to kill innocents.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:29 am

I didn't know Ron Paul was a homophobe. No wonder he has the support of certain people.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:38 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I assume that is what those advocating US intervention would set up in somewhere like Egypt. It's clear that the Egyptians can't be trusted to run their own country without outside help.

What evidence do you have to support that? Do you know anything about Egypt or Egyptians?

The problem isn't with the USA trying to help run smooth and fair elections. The problem is there need to select or approve of the candidates/parties running. That's nobody's business but the Egyptian people. Fair elections have already/are happening in Egypt. It shouldn't be anyone else's business about who gets elected or if they agree with them or not. If the majority of Egyptians want an Islamic based party controlling the majority of the parliament, then so be it. It's just another type of political structure. Imagine if a communist country came over to the UK and only approved/allowed communist candidates. It's nobody's business but the people of the UK.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:40 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I didn't know Ron Paul was a homophobe. No wonder he has the support of certain people.

He isn't. Get your facts straight next time before spewing shit like you always do...

In a 2007 interview with John Stossel, Paul stated that he supported the right of gay couples to marry, so long as they didn't "impose" their relationship on anyone else, on the grounds of supporting voluntary associations.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:03 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I assume that is what those advocating US intervention would set up in somewhere like Egypt. It's clear that the Egyptians can't be trusted to run their own country without outside help.

What evidence do you have to support that? Do you know anything about Egypt or Egyptians?

The problem isn't with the USA trying to help run smooth and fair elections. The problem is there need to select or approve of the candidates/parties running. That's nobody's business but the Egyptian people. Fair elections have already/are happening in Egypt. It shouldn't be anyone else's business about who gets elected or if they agree with them or not. If the majority of Egyptians want an Islamic based party controlling the majority of the parliament, then so be it. It's just another type of political structure. Imagine if a communist country came over to the UK and only approved/allowed communist candidates. It's nobody's business but the people of the UK.
    I know they had big fuck off riots this year.

If Egyptians want an Islamic based party controlling the country, it should not be allowed. The reason that countries like the United States, which have constitutions, disbar a link between Church state, is that pure democracy is not a good system, and it's a bit mistake to think it is.

Are you aware of the concept of tyranny of the majority? That's what the US founding fathers, rightly, wanted to avoid, its why ostensibly undemocratic institutions, the Supreme Court, the European Commission, the ECJ, the House of Lords. There have to be certain freedoms protected regardless of what the majority wants, and there have to be some laws regardless of what that majority wants.

You seem to be under the belief that democracy is this perfect system, and that the more democratic a system is the better, is that accurate?

ahlycotc wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I didn't know Ron Paul was a homophobe. No wonder he has the support of certain people.

He isn't. Get your facts straight next time before spewing shit like you always do...

In a 2007 interview with John Stossel, Paul stated that he supported the right of gay couples to marry, so long as they didn't "impose" their relationship on anyone else, on the grounds of supporting voluntary associations.

Yeah, that's what he says in interviews, what he says in private is a lot different, believe me, I know. There is video footage I have seen that you probably haven't for moral reasons.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:16 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:If Egyptians want an Islamic based party controlling the country, it should not be allowed.

Why not? If you understanding of the Brotherhood or any Islamic party in Egypt is anything like your understanding of Islam, it's a poor one.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You seem to be under the belief that democracy is this perfect system, and that the more democratic a system is the better, is that accurate?

Not at all, I think a republic is better than a democratic state. Do I think Capitalism is the best? No, I think an Islamic one is the best. The beauty of political models, is that it's subjective. There is no single right way to run a government. It also differs from one country to another. It's not right for you to go around enforcing a single political model on every country just because it may work in yours.

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Yeah, that's what he says in interviews, what he says in private is a lot different, believe me, I know. There is video footage I have seen that you probably haven't for moral reasons.

You know his personal life? rofl Please share this video. If you are referring to Bruno, you are an idiot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:27 pm