Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Sean
Phadunkin Donuts
BMxJoga
The Bat-Man
Pippo
Kenny DogLeash
dena
Grenade
Kuled
Jamie
Gegilworld93
Demba Ba
Carlos Jenkinson
Jordi
Cadbury
ResurrectionRooney
Marvin
Lux
VivaRonaldoLAD
23 posters

Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After...

Poll

Do you agree with them?

[ 8 ]
    Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After... - Page 3 Bar_left73%Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After... - Page 3 Bar_right [73%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After... - Page 3 Bar_left18%Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After... - Page 3 Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After... - Page 3 Bar_left9%Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After... - Page 3 Bar_right [9%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After... - Page 3 Empty Re: Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After...

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:52 am

just tell them to go to the MLS.
    Sean

Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After... - Page 3 Empty Re: Plymouth Argyle Senior Players Contemplating Strike After...

Post by Sean Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:52 am

How did this go from Plymouth to Jela hate to Swiss people..
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:53 am

BMxJoga wrote:
    Someone on the old EA forums once said that players in league 2 make in the 100k range annually, anyone know if this is true?
    Its not average but some do make that. Possibly more. My local league 2 side has a staff car park with bentleys and all other fancy cars in it which the players own so yeah they do make quite a lot still.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:53 am

Seeing as some haven't been paid since December, i applaud the players for making a stand.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:11 am

It's well within their rights. I wouldn't blame them. Like a few people have said some of the players haven't been paid since Christmas. Plymouth are in shambles.

The end is nigh.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 am

grenade187 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    Someone on the old EA forums once said that players in league 2 make in the 100k range annually, anyone know if this is true?
    Its not average but some do make that. Possibly more. My local league 2 side has a staff car park with bentleys and all other fancy cars in it which the players own so yeah they do make quite a lot still.

So how does that compare to say a doctor's income? I imagine that they would make roughly the same if not more right? Sorry, salaries from different leagues have always interested me. Laughing
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:35 am

A lot of our players will be on high end wages for the league because of our relegation I'm guessing £2,000+ a week for a lot of them.

A player like Gill who signed in the summer maybe on more than that because of his previous club. It all depends to be honest.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:40 am

Ahh, gotchu mate. Seems more than fair to be honest(the wages not the fact that they haven't been paid in half a year).
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:43 am

It is a lot more than just the league influencing the wages.

I assume a lot of the Plymouth players on a bit still seeing as they were a Championship club two years ago and some of those players are still there.
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:49 am

Agree 100% with the players striking but this can have serious consequences for Plymouth.

If their youth team decide to also boycott then Plymouth will be faced with a 3 point deduction and a fine for failing to field a team for their game against Burton Albion. And i'm sure that's the last thing the club needs.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Post by Harrold Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:54 am

Plymouth are ruined. I don't see there even being a Plymouth team by the end of the season.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:14 am

Some of the players, along with the manager are currently talking about the situation on SSN. You really have to worry for them, as well as the club.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:53 am

BMxJoga wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:

So how does that compare to say a doctor's income? I imagine that they would make roughly the same if not more right? Sorry, salaries from different leagues have always interested me. Laughing

I could be wrong but I remember a teacher in school telling us the average doctors annual salary is about £80k (some more some less). That's probably a lot less compared to the US but remember healthcare is free here

Some league 2 footballers get a lot more. I remember Tommy Doherty was on over half a million a year with us last season and we had to terminate his contract. Omar Daley was on a similar wage but his was justified (he was a full time international playing in l2 Laughing)
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:12 am

Jelavic9|RFC wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Jelavic9|RFC wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Jelavic9|RFC wrote:

No. Rolling Eyes

Aaron asked me to follow them because he had nobody to discuss them with.

Did you?

Yes, looked at their results etc.

Would you have called yourself a Blackburn fan at the time?

Fan? Fuck no. Laughing

I would have just said that I read the match reports.

Yes you fucking did.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:27 am

I agree with these players because Plymouth Argyle right now is crashing to the ground and almost no one seems to care or interested in helping out now. The story of the club is kinda sad and I can easily see them fold completely in a year or two. If they are still in some form of existance in five years I would be very shocked.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:01 pm

It doesn't matter if these players are earning $5,000 a month or $5,000 an hour. When a club doesn't pay their wages, the players have every right to not do their job. If the club can't afford to pay their wages, they should let the players go on a free transfer.

If a player can afford to miss a paycheck for the sake of the club, then good on him. But I can't blame a player who refuses to do his job because he isn't being paid.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:49 am

grenade187 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:

I could be wrong but I remember a teacher in school telling us the average doctors annual salary is about £80k (some more some less). That's probably a lot less compared to the US but remember healthcare is free here

Some league 2 footballers get a lot more. I remember Tommy Doherty was on over half a million a year with us last season and we had to terminate his contract. Omar Daley was on a similar wage but his was justified (he was a full time international playing in l2 Laughing)
    Actually if you convert money, I think it is in the same ballpark. Not to mention doctors here are also paid by specialty(i.e. Cardiology,
    orthopedics etc). Anywho I was just curious, if they have been waiting since December for wages then they have every eight in the world to strike.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:55 am

ahlycotc wrote:It doesn't matter if these players are earning $5,000 a month or $5,000 an hour. When a club doesn't pay their wages, the players have every right to not do their job. If the club can't afford to pay their wages, they should let the players go on a free transfer.

If a player can afford to miss a paycheck for the sake of the club, then good on him. But I can't blame a player who refuses to do his job because he isn't being paid.

Barcelona didn't pay there players for over a month and it never really bothered any of their players.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:10 am

Staff have been paid 40% of this month's wages. eek3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:02 am