Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Standard of refs and linesmen

Poll

Are linesmen good enough

[ 0 ]
    Standard of refs and linesmen Bar_left0%Standard of refs and linesmen Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Standard of refs and linesmen Bar_left71%Standard of refs and linesmen Bar_right [71%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Standard of refs and linesmen Bar_left29%Standard of refs and linesmen Bar_right [29%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Anonymous

Standard of refs and linesmen Empty Standard of refs and linesmen

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:42 am

Do you think there good enough. After Tevez offside goal today ,the drogba offside and the furore with Englands goal that cross the line?
    Anonymous

Standard of refs and linesmen Empty Re: Standard of refs and linesmen

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:43 am

Really is awful, Tevez didn't even just move offside, he was standing offside for about 10 seconds. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:44 am

They should get better technology, so that they can make the right calls, with offsides, whether the ball crossed the line, etc.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:44 am

They're fucking awful. And you think the ones in the top league are bad, I get to watch the class referees of the 7th tier of English football every week Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:49 am

the best officiating i have seen this season was Mark Clattenburg and his linesmen! they wrongly gave a penalty, wrongly disallowed a goal and failed to play the advantage when west ham were one on one with the keeper. the best officiating this season and they were still shit!
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:50 am

The refs in Scotland are so biased towards Rangers and against us. Neutral

Penalty decision overturned, I mean, when has that ever happened before? A goal that should have been disallowed for a foul, and 6 minutes of injury time after we scored the winner. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:51 am

Been saying this for a few years now. The standard is shit and has been going downhill.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:57 am

Only good that has come from it is Pedro Mendes' goal against us. shifty
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 am

kyro7 wrote:Only good that has come from it is Pedro Mendes' goal against us. Standard of refs and linesmen 279869
    Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:04 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:The refs in Scotland are so biased towards Rangers and against us. Neutral

Penalty decision overturned, I mean, when has that ever happened before? A goal that should have been disallowed for a foul, and 6 minutes of injury time after we scored the winner. Neutral
    Stop whining already. You think that's bad? Try taking the lead at Old Trafford and see what the officials add on at the end of the match.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:05 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:The refs in Scotland are so biased towards Rangers and against us. Neutral

Stop whining already. You think that's bad? Try taking the lead at Old Trafford and see what the officials add on at the end of the match.
    Shut up Wenger. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:08 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:

Shut up Wenger. Neutral
    Wenger > All Celtic managers red card
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:09 am

19Jones19v wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    Shut up Wenger. Neutral
    Wenger > All Celtic managers Standard of refs and linesmen 512670
    Yes. Your point? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:10 am

19Jones19v wrote:

Liar.

When has this ever happened? Neutral

Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:10 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:
    SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    Shut up Wenger. Neutral
    Wenger > All Celtic managers Standard of refs and linesmen 512670
    Yes. Your point? Neutral
    neuneu Get over yourself.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:11 am

19Jones19v wrote:Standard of refs and linesmen 258846 Get over yourself.
    Suspect

O...kay. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:11 am

kyro7 wrote:
    19Jones19v wrote:

Liar.

When has this ever happened? Neutral

Neutral
    shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:38 am

Something needs to be done tbh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:36 am

As a referee, I have to defend fellow referees. It's not as easy as you think. Offside calls are the hardest calls to make. People take it for granted because we have multiple cameras catching every little detail.

Surely, not all those referees suck. They just need help. Allowing replays will help somewhat with that.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:41 am

Whether it's easy or not isn't really the point.

It's not easy to be a footballer either, yet they're paid by their clubs and are expected to play by the rules and do well. If they don't....then they won't play.

Officials need to either be good, or they need to be replaced by someone else, or something else. It's not personal.....we just want someone/something that will make the game as fair as possible.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:48 am

Typical how it only becomes an issue when it effects England. Neutral

Anyway, someone suggested on Tiki-Taka about having a 4th referee assistant in a room viewing a TV of the game with a 5 second delay, so when the referee isn't sure of a decision (IE whether the ball crossed the line, offsides and the like) he can just ask the 4th assistant for whatever.

I like that idea, it makes most sense as well.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:01 am

Why the 5 second delay?

EDIT: nevermind. But they could just use replays. A lot of times, it's hard to make an accurate call while watching a live game. Replays make the difference.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:55 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:Typical how it only becomes an issue when it effects England. Neutral

That's just ridiculous......it's always been an issue......but you can't expect us to get annoyed about officials when we're not even watching the match i.e. some random Polish game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:59 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    (polskaGOLA) wrote:Typical how it only becomes an issue when it effects England. Neutral

That's just ridiculous......it's always been an issue......but you can't expect us to get annoyed about officials when we're not even watching the match i.e. some random Polish game.
    I didn't mean random game for league nobody cares about, I meant about main leagues. As you say, it's always been an issue.

I am just saying that the war regarding refs and FIFA only starts having some voice when England is involved in one.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:12 am

I see Polska's point, but I doubt that's the real reason. FIFA don't exactly love England.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:41 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:I didn't mean random game for league nobody cares about, I meant about main leagues. As you say, it's always been an issue.

I am just saying that the war regarding refs and FIFA only starts having some voice when England is involved in one.

Perhaps, but of course we're one of the most influential countries in World Football.....maybe even the most. If we're not happy with the rules of football.....then that's going to cause debate. Not trying to be big headed, that's just the truth.

You also have to look at how unfortunate England have been in many tournaments over the years regarding officials. If officials on a regular basis are contributing to our national team and domestic clubs getting knocked out of competitions then obviously hatred for officials is going to rise as it causes unrest with the fans.

I'm not going to go riot or anything, but I lost all faith in officials a long time ago...these disastrous mistakes seem to happen in so many games that we've just numbed ourselves to it, except when it's a big team or a really big mistake.

Never liked officials as I've been going to Watford games a long time and our biggest chant these days seems to be "We always get shit refs".......but when the reaction to the "Ghost goal" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0YiuSbBdaQ was "Lol it's only Watford we'll do nothing".....I just thought "Fuck FIFA". That is supposed to be England's best young referee as well (Stuart Atwell)......it's just embarrassingly bad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:20 am