Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Grenade
Lux
VivaRonaldoLAD
Gegilworld93
Danny
Keanoo
chiboygeorge
Kuled
Steadman
Marvin
Carlos Jenkinson
arsenalap11
luke.
Jord
Sean
wellz
El Jefe
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Mal
Jamie
Coatsy
Demba Ba
26 posters

Xavi vs Iniesta

Sean

Xavi vs Iniesta - Page 2 Empty Re: Xavi vs Iniesta

Post by Sean Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 am

chiboygeorge wrote:
    arsenalap11 wrote:
    Sean wrote:
    arsenalap11 wrote:
    Sean wrote:I think they're more different than people give them credit for.

Xavi is a better passer in my opinion, he's got a much better range of passing. Iniesta is a better dribbler, he doesnt get enough credit for how quick his feet are or his technique.

Overall though, I'd plump for Xavi

What? That's what he's known for and why people consider him to be so good..

Not really, most people just see them as a carbon copy of each other.

Hmm.. don't think so myself. Anyone that knows a reasonable amount about football knows that they're different.
    Well said. Laughing

Well tbf, that does rule out most of the media over here Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:18 am

Fabregas > both of them.
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:28 am

Xavi
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:21 am

Chris wrote:Fabregas > both of them.
    bounce
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:23 am

Fuck choosing between these 2. Neutral

Xavi's always seemed to be the player who sits back more (obviously not as much as Busquets/Mascherano), and he doesn't seem as energetic on the field as Iniesta. But I don't think he's as quick footed as Iniesta, he actually dribbles the ball quite well. Dry Smile
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:25 am

Danny wrote:Fuck choosing between these 2. Neutral

Xavi's always seemed to be the player who sits back more (obviously not as much as Busquets/Mascherano), and he doesn't seem as energetic on the field as Iniesta. But I don't think he's as quick footed as Iniesta, he actually dribbles the ball quite well. Dry Smile

Xavi runs more than any player on the Barcelona team.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:26 am

Jamie wrote:

Dry Smile

Fuck this debate. Neutral
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:26 am

Xavi looks as if he is not energetic because he makes dictating the play so easy at times. He usually does sit back more than Iniesta though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:28 am

Jamie wrote:

Thats interesting.

Not for long though seeing he's hitting his 30's.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:31 am

Chris wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

Xavi's always seemed to be the player who sits back more (obviously not as much as Busquets/Mascherano), and he doesn't seem as energetic on the field as Iniesta. But I don't think he's as quick footed as Iniesta, he actually dribbles the ball quite well. Xavi vs Iniesta - Page 2 537999

Thats interesting.

Not for long though seeing he's hitting his 30's.

He will probably start to slow down eventually, but if he remains in prime condition, he should still have a couple of years left in him before that happens.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:50 am

Iniesta for me, about the same amount of creativity and vision, obviously not quite Xavi's passing, but hes got much quicker feet than Xavi, the ball just sticks to his feet whenever I see him play eek
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:50 am

Xaviesta.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:02 am

in my opinion xavi is the greatest centre midfield since the likes of gullit and matthaus

especially quite funny when there is another topic in the forum about scholes and pirlo. to me xavi surpassed both of these guys
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 am

but aaaaaa my favorite of these 2 is definitly iniesta. his style and approach is so fun to watch. he controls the ball like a true puppet definitely most the best close control in the world

if he was gifted physically like guys like messi and cristiano ronaldo he would be better then both possibly
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:14 am

luke. wrote:Xaviesta.

VivaRonaldo wrote:Xaviesta.

Too slow Wink
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:24 am

I prefer Iniesta. More progressive.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:25 am

Jamie wrote:

Xavi's always seemed to be the player who sits back more (obviously not as much as Busquets/Mascherano), and he doesn't seem as energetic on the field as Iniesta. But I don't think he's as quick footed as Iniesta, he actually dribbles the ball quite well. Xavi vs Iniesta - Page 2 537999

You watch them more so I could be wrong but isn't that Alves ? He's always running up and down and never tires lol.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:30 am

you tire more as fullback of alves ilk than any other position

u do not run the same distance over entire game as midfielders

but

u do more sprints with the ball and without the ball going forward and retreating....i never knew that(i never play fullback) i always assume that midfielder is the most exhaustive position but its not apparently according to sport instititute of milan who researched these stuff a few year ago

obviously it depend what kind of fullback u are. if u are a gary neville then u dont do as much sprints. if you are alves or cole then you do this a lot
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:03 am

yeah xavi is always moving at a steady pace, alves is occasionaly making sprints forward and then backwards, what alves does is more tiring although xavi covers more ground. also the reason imo that xavi covers so much ground is because his role is to always be available for whoever has the ball to pass to him, iniesta doesnt quite have the same job, hes supposed to sit a little bit further up the field, I dont think that just because xavi covers mroe ground than iniesta it neccessarily means he has more stamina.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:12 am

mauro=beast wrote:you tire more as fullback of alves ilk than any other position

u do not run the same distance over entire game as midfielders

but

u do more sprints with the ball and without the ball going forward and retreating....i never knew that(i never play fullback) i always assume that midfielder is the most exhaustive position but its not apparently according to sport instititute of milan who researched these stuff a few year ago

obviously it depend what kind of fullback u are. if u are a gary neville then u dont do as much sprints. if you are alves or cole then you do this a lot

A player like Alves tends to run a lot more because he is a wing back. Neville was more of a right back, so didn't advance forward as much.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:34 am

wingback???
    it makes me cringe so much whenever an attacking fullback is name a wingback

u are not technically a wingback unless u are playing the role - a wingback is aplayer who does both roles of a winger and a defender and only happens when there is no designated winger

just because hes really good at attacking doesnt mean hes wingback. unless barcelona player with 3 central defenders, extra midfielder and no wingers.....he will never be wingback

reference to gary neville was because he was not an attacking fullback. not overlapper and not a link playing defender in the attacking half most of the time. he does less running than a fullback like alves. they are 2 rightbacks with different approach and style of play. but it does not mean alves is a wingback. attacking instincts does not designate someone to a wingback....only that actual role would do that

wingbacks have not been used regularly for many years. modern 433 removed the need for narrow formations with extra central players in midfield and defence at the expense of wideplayers due to higher fitness levels in current times. players physically stronger, fitter and recovery time much quicker then in the past.

very few managers in top level utilize wingbacks in such formations. it is very outdated and i find people who claim current players to be wingbacks when they are not as lack of intelligence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry but i just had to say this
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:41 am

grenade187 wrote:
    Jamie wrote:

You watch them more so I could be wrong but isn't that Alves ? He's always running up and down and never tires lol.

Yeah it's surprising, I would have guessed Alves too until I seen the distance covered stats myself.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2010/04/07/1867655/champions-league-analysis-lionel-messi-is-barcelonas-heart

That's the only link I can find unfortunately(not from last season), but yeah Alves is always up there too.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:42 am

XxBradKennedyxX wrote:yeah xavi is always moving at a steady pace, alves is occasionaly making sprints forward and then backwards, what alves does is more tiring although xavi covers more ground. also the reason imo that xavi covers so much ground is because his role is to always be available for whoever has the ball to pass to him, iniesta doesnt quite have the same job, hes supposed to sit a little bit further up the field, I dont think that just because xavi covers mroe ground than iniesta it neccessarily means he has more stamina.

I really doubt you would have said that unless Jamie pointed it out
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:56 am

Xavi is the worlds best passer. Iniesta scores in big games though, alot of the best players in the world can't do that but Iniesta does it for club and country. They are too different to compare imo.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:51 am

Xavi easily. I have said it for years that Andres is only looked at the way he is because of Xavi. Xavi could carry Barcelona if they needed him to, Andres couldn't.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:58 am

You were wrong for years then. Iniesta doesn't need Xavi to perform. Neutral

The first name thing is cringey as fuck, cut it out son.
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:06 am

I didn't say he needed Xavi to perform, I said he couldn't carry Barcelona and that much is true. Barcelona could toss another player into Andres' role and still be just fine, but without Messi or Xavi they are just another good team.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:08 am

Personally I think Iniesta's injury in 2009/2010 is a big reason why they didn't win the Champions League.

I agree that Xavi is more important, but you're underrating Iniesta who has, in Xavi's absence, ran games before.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:09 am

AriseForLife wrote:I didn't say he needed Xavi to perform, I said he couldn't carry Barcelona and that much is true. Barcelona could toss another player into Andres' role and still be just fine, but without Lionel or Xavi they are just another good team.

Fixed
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:17 am

Jamie wrote:Personally I think Iniesta's injury in 2009/2010 is a big reason why they didn't win the Champions League.

I agree that Xavi is more important, but you're underrating Iniesta who has, in Xavi's absence, ran games before.

I am not underrating him. I think he is a good player, but I think far more people overrated him. I mean to say that Barcelona should have three players finish 1, 2, and 3 in an award is just mad. There are players who had better seasons than Andres AND Xavi yet both remain entrenched in awards. I can see why Xavi would be included, but Andres in my opinion is one of the most overrated players in the world and has been for quite some time.

arsenalap11 wrote:
    AriseForLife wrote:I didn't say he needed Xavi to perform, I said he couldn't carry Barcelona and that much is true. Barcelona could toss another player into Andres' role and still be just fine, but without Lionel or Xavi they are just another good team.

Fixed

Ah, missed that one. Thanks. What was I thinking. I should have just said Leo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:47 pm