Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
AriseForLife
JonjoShelvey
moscowmadeit3
arsenalap11
The Bat-Man
Steadman
Jamie
SBSP
Roloman4
YukiAbe1996
fluffy_kittens
fergiesrednose
bcfcben
Clark
Theo Filippo
blackskar
ResurrectionRooney
Jack
crump
Demba Ba
Cadbury
El Jefe
Mal
Keanoo
Grenade
Gegilworld93
Jordi
CollieBuddz
Kuled
luke.
34 posters

Best Ever Premier League Striker?

Anonymous

Best Ever Premier League Striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Ever Premier League Striker?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:02 am

cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:The answer would have to be the magnificent player that was Eric Cantona. In his prime, Eric was an absolutely phenomenal player. He ran what was an already incredible Manchester United team.

He was able to do everything that you would expect an attacking footballer to do. He could both create play and score lots of goals. This is something that not many have been able to do in the history of the Premier League.

Some players like Alan Shearer were goalscoring machines, but this was all they offered. If they went on a scoring drought, they were useless to the team and were more of a hinderance instead of anything else.

Then you have players such as Zola and Bergkamp, who could have been described as being in more of a similar mould to Cantona. They were excellent players; however they could not constantly score goals and cannot be called as good a player as Cantona.

For these reasons, I believe that Cantona is clearly the greatest ever Premier League striker and arguably the greatest Premier League player.
    Best Ever Premier League Striker? - Page 2 58503 Best Ever Premier League Striker? - Page 2 58503

Do you disagree with me? I have a slight understanding of why you would do so, considering Cristiano Ronaldo also sometimes featured as a striker. For me, he would come a close second, but I can understand why you would decide to put him at the top of your list.

There are quite a few players I would choose before Cantona and tbh saying he is the best ever premier league player is a joke.

As for Bergkamp, His goal scoring record was 1:2.5 which is pretty much the same as Cantona's and when Bergkamp was at Arsenal 40% of the goals were created of scored by him. So I have no idea where you're getting your opinions from.

During his Arsenal career, Bergkamp scored a goal every 0.27 games. During his Manchester United career, Cantona scored a goal every 0.44 games. To say that their scoring records were similar is ridiculous.

Nice to see you missed out the other comments thumb

Wow and to think you're one of the better posters on EA facepalm
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Best Ever Premier League Striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Ever Premier League Striker?

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:04 am

Bergkamp's ratio is lower because he carried on playing when he was old and shit, Cantona retired very early.

Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:05 am

Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:
    Best Ever Premier League Striker? - Page 2 58503 Best Ever Premier League Striker? - Page 2 58503

Do you disagree with me? I have a slight understanding of why you would do so, considering Cristiano Ronaldo also sometimes featured as a striker. For me, he would come a close second, but I can understand why you would decide to put him at the top of your list.

There are quite a few players I would choose before Cantona and tbh saying he is the best ever premier league player is a joke.

As for Bergkamp, His goal scoring record was 1:2.5 which is pretty much the same as Cantona's and when Bergkamp was at Arsenal 40% of the goals were created of scored by him. So I have no idea where you're getting your opinions from.

During his Arsenal career, Bergkamp scored a goal every 0.27 games. During his Manchester United career, Cantona scored a goal every 0.44 games. To say that their scoring records were similar is ridiculous.

Nice to see you missed out the other comments Best Ever Premier League Striker? - Page 2 284837

Wow and to think you're one of the better posters on EA Best Ever Premier League Striker? - Page 2 58503

Straying off-topic is all but accepting that you are wrong and the person you are debating with is correct.

I used to consider you as one of the better posters on EA as well, but unfortunately I heard you had been banned on my return. I was surprised, but hopefully we will be able to remain as good friends.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:07 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Bergkamp's ratio is slower because he carried on playing when he was old and shit, Cantona retired very early.

This displays that Cantona was not only the greatest ever Premier League striker, but that he was also the most knowledgeable and wise.

Unlike Bergkamp, he had the sense to know when he wanted to retire and made sure that he did so before he was past his prime and has started to go into decline. In a modern football world of many uneducated and stupid footballers, Cantona was a brilliant exception.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:08 am

cheesy wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Bergkamp's ratio is slower because he carried on playing when he was old and shit, Cantona retired very early.

This displays that Cantona was not only the greatest ever Premier League striker, but that he was also the most knowledgeable and wise.

Unlike Bergkamp, he had the sense to know when he wanted to retire and made sure that he did so before he was past his prime and has started to go into decline. In a modern football world of many uneducated and stupid footballers, Cantona was a brilliant exception.

That doesn't mean he was a better player.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:08 am

cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

Nice to see you missed out the other comments Best Ever Premier League Striker? - Page 2 284837

Wow and to think you're one of the better posters on EA Best Ever Premier League Striker? - Page 2 58503

Straying off-topic is all but accepting that you are wrong and the person you are debating with is correct.

I used to consider you as one of the better posters on EA as well, but unfortunately I heard you had been banned on my return. I was surprised, but hopefully we will be able to remain as good friends.

I really cba talking to you because it's like talking to a brick wall. Anyone with even the slightest football knowledge would know that Cantona is not the greatest ever premier league player(He's not even close tbh).

Why don't you go write another shitty article on EA.

Last edited by Splashy on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:08 am

cheesy wrote:

Bergkamp wanted to get to 10 years for Arsenal.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:09 am

Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:

I really cba talking to you because it's like talking to a brick wall. Anyone with even the slightest football knowledge would know that Cantona is not the greatest ever premier league player(He's not even close tbh).

Why don't yo go write another shitty article on EA.
    rofl
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:10 am

Cheesy, shut up.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:10 am

Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:

Why don't yo go write another shitty article on EA.

At no point did I go out and state specifically that I thought Cantona was the greatest ever Premier League player. I simply feel that he should be considered. Do not resort to putting words in my mouth, when they are words that I have not spoken.
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:11 am

Why are you posting like that?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 am

He is trying to be me.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 am

----
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:13 am

cheesy wrote:For these reasons, I believe that Cantona is clearly the greatest ever Premier League striker and arguably the greatest Premier League player.

You said it in your first post facepalm

Anyway I'm done talking to you, you don't need to reply because I think you have already embarrassed yourself enough.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:15 am

I wish i could find the hattrick V liverpool the week before.
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:17 am

I will go with Henry, and that hat trick was remarkable, his goals were usually class, backheels, long range, dribbles, innovative shots he had it all.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:18 am

This thread facepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:21 am

Kuled wrote:This thread facepalm

It was chessy's fault for making retarded posts.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:22 am

Theo has copied my article over and branded it as a poor one: with others agreeing. He is doing that because of a personal dislike for me.
    rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:23 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Theo has copied my article over and branded it as a poor one: with others agreeing. He is doing that because of a personal dislike for me.
    rofl
    rofl rofl
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:25 am

cheesy facepalm
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:31 am

Zola & Bergkamp
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 am

Thierry Henry. It's a no brainer.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:46 am

Scott wrote:Thierry Henry. It's a no brainer.
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:20 am

For technical ability it would be henry for me. For drawing the best out of his team mates I'd say cantona and for fox in the box skulduggery I'd say Ruud.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:37 am

Henry was the best player on earth in his prime imo.
    YukiAbe1996
    YukiAbe1996

Supports : Leicester City

Post by YukiAbe1996 Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:38 am

Carlton Cole
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:25 am

/thread
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:30 am

Henry was just too fucking good.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:33 am

Carroll Christ.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:26 am