Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
AriseForLife
JonjoShelvey
moscowmadeit3
arsenalap11
The Bat-Man
Steadman
Jamie
SBSP
Roloman4
YukiAbe1996
fluffy_kittens
fergiesrednose
bcfcben
Clark
Theo Filippo
blackskar
ResurrectionRooney
Jack
crump
Demba Ba
Cadbury
El Jefe
Mal
Keanoo
Grenade
Gegilworld93
Jordi
CollieBuddz
Kuled
luke.
34 posters

Best Ever Premier League Striker?

Anonymous

Best Ever Premier League Striker? Empty Best Ever Premier League Striker?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 pm

Your thoughts?

Mine would have to be Alan Shearer or Thierry Henry not worthy
    luke.
    luke.

Best Ever Premier League Striker? Empty Re: Best Ever Premier League Striker?

Post by luke. Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:28 pm

Heskey by miles.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:28 pm

King Eric.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:29 pm

luke. wrote:Heskey by miles.

Right we got Heskey out the way, waiting for someone to put it Razz
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:32 pm

I think before injury absolutely raped him and left him half the player he once was, Torres was up there with his scoring rate.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:38 pm

HESKEEEEEEYYYYYY.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:40 pm

Henry
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:42 pm

Berbatov possibly.
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:43 pm

Eric Cantona
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:46 pm

This'll just turn in to a "Best ever striker who played for your club" thread. Mischief
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Ali Dia
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:46 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:I think before injury absolutely raped him and left him half the player he once was, Torres was up there with his scoring rate.

This. Michael Owen suffered a similar fate.

I'd say Thierry Henry, because I actually watched him play, thus can make a judgement.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:56 pm

The one that I can remember mostly when growing up ... Henry.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:00 pm

heskey ofcourse
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:03 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:I think before injury absolutely raped him and left him half the player he once was, Torres was up there with his scoring rate.

???

he hasnt even had much of a long injuries... he had nigles but everyone has those.

he needs to do what he did more then 1-2 seasons to even be considered as the best. i cant believe anyone would say he is the best striker in the history of the premier league, thats pathetic
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:21 pm

The answer would have to be the magnificent player that was Eric Cantona. In his prime, Eric was an absolutely phenomenal player. He ran what was an already incredible Manchester United team.

He was able to do everything that you would expect an attacking footballer to do. He could both create play and score lots of goals. This is something that not many have been able to do in the history of the Premier League.

Some players like Alan Shearer were goalscoring machines, but this was all they offered. If they went on a scoring drought, they were useless to the team and were more of a hinderance instead of anything else.

Then you have players such as Zola and Bergkamp, who could have been described as being in more of a similar mould to Cantona. They were excellent players; however they could not constantly score goals and cannot be called as good a player as Cantona.

For these reasons, I believe that Cantona is clearly the greatest ever Premier League striker and arguably the greatest Premier League player.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:35 pm

Franco Di Santo
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:42 pm

Henry, If I could take any player and have them striker it'd be Ronaldo though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:42 pm

cheesy wrote:The answer would have to be the magnificent player that was Eric Cantona. In his prime, Eric was an absolutely phenomenal player. He ran what was an already incredible Manchester United team.

He was able to do everything that you would expect an attacking footballer to do. He could both create play and score lots of goals. This is something that not many have been able to do in the history of the Premier League.

Some players like Alan Shearer were goalscoring machines, but this was all they offered. If they went on a scoring drought, they were useless to the team and were more of a hinderance instead of anything else.

Then you have players such as Zola and Bergkamp, who could have been described as being in more of a similar mould to Cantona. They were excellent players; however they could not constantly score goals and cannot be called as good a player as Cantona.

For these reasons, I believe that Cantona is clearly the greatest ever Premier League striker and arguably the greatest Premier League player.
    facepalm facepalm
    Jack
    Jack

Post by Jack Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:45 pm

Dixie Dean.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:46 pm

Moorzy2911 wrote:Dixie Dean.
    Premier League.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:46 pm

Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:The answer would have to be the magnificent player that was Eric Cantona. In his prime, Eric was an absolutely phenomenal player. He ran what was an already incredible Manchester United team.

Best Ever Premier League Striker? 58503 Best Ever Premier League Striker? 58503

Do you disagree with me? I have a slight understanding of why you would do so, considering Cristiano Ronaldo also sometimes featured as a striker. For me, he would come a close second, but I can understand why you would decide to put him at the top of your list.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:51 pm

cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:

Do you disagree with me? I have a slight understanding of why you would do so, considering Cristiano Ronaldo also sometimes featured as a striker. For me, he would come a close second, but I can understand why you would decide to put him at the top of your list.

There are quite a few players I would choose before Cantona and tbh saying he is the best ever premier league player is a joke.

As for Bergkamp, His goal scoring record was 1:2.5 which is pretty much the same as Cantona's and when Bergkamp was at Arsenal 40% of the goals were created of scored by him. So I have no idea where you're getting your opinions from.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:52 pm

Who is the only one ever to win the Ballon d'Or?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:53 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Who is the only one ever to win the Ballon d'Or?
    Tevez. Cool
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:54 pm

Cheesy-encyclopaedia
    Jack
    Jack

Post by Jack Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:55 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Moorzy2911 wrote:Dixie Dean.
    Premier League.

Wayne Rooney.

(when he was at Everton).
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:00 am

Splashy wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Splashy wrote:

There are quite a few players I would choose before Cantona and tbh saying he is the best ever premier league player is a joke.

As for Bergkamp, His goal scoring record was 1:2.5 which is pretty much the same as Cantona's and when Bergkamp was at Arsenal 40% of the goals were created of scored by him. So I have no idea where you're getting your opinions from.

During his Arsenal career, Bergkamp scored a goal every 0.27 games. During his Manchester United career, Cantona scored a goal every 0.44 games. To say that their scoring records were similar is ridiculous.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:01 am

crump wrote:Franco Di Santo

Oh my God he is fucking awful rofl
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:02 am

Best Ever Premier League Striker? Henry-02

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:34 am