Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
ResurrectionRooney
dena
SS_1182
wellz
TheRangersFan
Laurencio
Carlos Jenkinson
RubyArmyCTFC
El Jefe
fergiesrednose
SpiritOfShankly
Jamie
Mason
Jordi
SBSP
19 posters

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football

Anonymous

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:20 am

just ignore RR if he is not having a dig at liverpool fans, Relgion, British soliders or bringing up dark bits of Liverpools past he twisting the words of the people on the fourm or implying somthing thats never been said
    SBSP
    SBSP

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  - Page 2 Empty Re: Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football

Post by SBSP Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:21 am

The title is poorly phrased. It would be better as "Was David Beckham good or bad for English football?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:22 am

SBSP wrote:The title is poorly phrased. It would be better as "Was David Beckham good or bad for English football?"

i was going to change it but i thought the thread died i will change it now
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:29 am

Jay wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Blackpool Rule wrote:no it was a serious point my brother raised i disagree but he said due to the media attenion on footballers now it was because of david beckham tho he did agree his he did a lot of good for english football but i surpose a RR it wont be taken seriously becasue you would rather go spark some religous debate or wind up liverpool fans

Alright, so you're seriously saying that Beckham was worse for English football than Heysel?

Why the fuck does this sort of thing go completely unnoticed by mods?

As mena said, anyone can see that he's not saying that, he hasn't even mentioned it, so why bother bringing it up.

Fucking hell, he even said he disagreed with the point his brother raised, and you still manage to somehow try and squirm it into the conversation.

You can go fuck yourself, if you have a problem with me then you take it up with me, don't go bitching about moderators, trying to silence me. It won't work, I am too valuable to this forum.

The question asked if David Beckham was the worst thing to ever happen to English football, asking the question implies that there is more than one possible answer - ie. yes or no, if I started a thread said 'Was Hitler a good person?', 'Did the Jews deserve the holocaust?' or 'Is Dalglish deliberately ruining Liverpool?' I think the obvious implication of those thread titles is that it is. Beckham was clearly not the worst thing ever to happen to English football, there is no question about that, even asking the question is grossly disrespectful - my post served to refute the idea. Further, it actually answered the question as initially posed - Was David Beckham the worst thing to ever happen to English Football? No, Heysel was worse.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:30 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:just ignore RR if he is not having a dig at liverpool fans, Relgion, British soliders or bringing up dark bits of Liverpools past he twisting the words of the people on the fourm or implying somthing thats never been said

You can kiss my arse as well, you asked a monumentally stupid question and I answered it.
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:34 am

Beckham didn't hurt English football at all, at the end of the day the media puts these players on a pedestal. Becks wasn't the first or the last. You should have seen a documentary on the New York Cosmos, they make Becks look like Messi.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:35 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:just ignore RR if he is not having a dig at liverpool fans, Relgion, British soliders or bringing up dark bits of Liverpools past he twisting the words of the people on the fourm or implying somthing thats never been said

You can kiss my arse as well, you asked a monumentally stupid question and I answered it.

i agree i could of worded it better but you asked a stupid question i said didnt agree with the question my brother raised then you ask me if i agree with it thats a bit stupid dont you think
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:36 am

BMxJoga wrote:Beckham didn't hurt English football at all, at the end of the day the media puts these players on a pedestal. Becks wasn't the first or the last. You should have seen a documentary on the New York Cosmos, they make Becks look like Messi.

yeah but he used it to his advantage did he not now every player wants a piece of the pie
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:39 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:

i agree i could of worded it better but you asked a stupid question i said didnt agree with the question my brother raised then you ask me if i agree with it thats a bit stupid dont you think

That was my one and only error, but to bring the question to another forum (forum in the literal sense, not internet sense) and ask it implies that you're not sure what the answer is, that you think it may be true. I'd refer you to my example earlier 'Did the Jews deserve the holocaust?', if I started that thread saying my mate said they did, and presented some weak arguments against it, people would be slating me, rightly, for even asking the question, because the answer is so obvious.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:53 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:

That was my one and only error, but to bring the question to another forum (forum in the literal sense, not internet sense) and ask it implies that you're not sure what the answer is, that you think it may be true. I'd refer you to my example earlier 'Did the Jews deserve the holocaust?', if I started that thread saying my mate said they did, and presented some weak arguments against it, people would be slating me, rightly, for even asking the question, because the answer is so obvious.

no there diffrent one is david beckham being famous causing other players wanting to be famous and ruining the game or did the jews deserve to be tortured mercilessly killed have all their postions taken away from them move them in squalorous either in ghettos or concentration camps having to be made to work all day and being fed a poor diet having families torn apart and having to hid in house attics sewers forest and anywhere the Nazis wouldnt look. that isnt the same
    BMxJoga
    BMxJoga

Post by BMxJoga Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:59 am

Blackpool Rule wrote:
    BMxJoga wrote:Beckham didn't hurt English football at all, at the end of the day the media puts these players on a pedestal. Becks wasn't the first or the last. You should have seen a documentary on the New York Cosmos, they make Becks look like Messi.

yeah but he used it to his advantage did he not now every player wants a piece of the pie

Yeah but what professional athlete doesn't. Beckham didn't create this, its been around forever.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:03 am

BMxJoga wrote:
    Blackpool Rule wrote:

Yeah but what professional athlete doesn't. Beckham didn't create this, its been around forever.

not to the extent it is now it was really big before posh and becks and now you can name almost every england players wife and girlfriend
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:43 am

Jay wrote:
    Blackpool Rule wrote:no it was a serious point my brother raised i disagree but he said due to the media attenion on footballers now it was because of david beckham tho he did agree his he did a lot of good for english football but i surpose a RR it wont be taken seriously becasue you would rather go spark some religous debate or wind up liverpool fans

Alright, so you're seriously saying that Beckham was worse for English football than Heysel?

Why the fuck does this sort of thing go completely unnoticed by mods?

As mena said, anyone can see that he's not saying that, he hasn't even mentioned it, so why bother bringing it up.

Fucking hell, he even said he disagreed with the point his brother raised, and you still manage to somehow try and squirm it into the conversation.

You can go fuck yourself, if you have a problem with me then you take it up with me, don't go bitching about moderators, trying to silence me. It won't work, I am too valuable to this forum.

The question asked if David Beckham was the worst thing to ever happen to English football, asking the question implies that there is more than one possible answer - ie. yes or no, if I started a thread said 'Was Hitler a good person?', 'Did the Jews deserve the holocaust?' or 'Is Dalglish deliberately ruining Liverpool?' I think the obvious implication of those thread titles is that it is. Beckham was clearly not the worst thing ever to happen to English football, there is no question about that, even asking the question is grossly disrespectful - my post served to refute the idea. Further, it actually answered the question as initially posed - Was David Beckham the worst thing to ever happen to English Football? No, Heysel was worse.

I'd rather not thanks, and since when has asking a question been classed as bitching? You're pathetic.
    And instead of asking others to kiss your arse you should think more about getting your own head out of yours, it's wedged so far up there it's no wonder you chat so much shit.

I wasn't doubting whether or not David Beckham was the worst thing to happen to English football, my problem is that you twist somebodies words when there is absolutely no need for it.
    We all know that things like The Heysel Disaster were much worse than David Beckham, and if you want to say "No, Beckham wasn't the worst things, many things such as the Heysel Disaster are much worse" then fine, but why do you feel the need to say it in a way as to accuse him of saying that Heysel was worse than Beckham.

He clearly doesn't say that Heysel was worse, he even says that he disagrees with the point in the first place.

It's absolutely stupid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:36 am