Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Barton
Childish Logic
LeBron
menalawyerguy
Carlos Jenkinson
SBSP
Zzonked
dena
Cornholio
Weather130
14 posters

David Beckham helps stranded family

Weather130
    Weather130

David Beckham helps stranded family Empty David Beckham helps stranded family

Post by Weather130 Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:59 pm

WARE, England -- David Beckham stopped to help a stranded family whose car broke down on the way to school.

Beckham pulled over during morning rush hour near a roundabout in the town of Ware in England. He assisted photographer Paul Long and his two children.
    Long had been ignored by other motorists before the soccer star came to his rescue. He said Beckham asked if they were OK, and Long said he asked for a push to the side of the road.
    Long told BBC Radio on Wednesday he said, "Thanks David, I love you" as the former England captain returned to his car.
    Beckham is training with Premier League club Tottenham until Feb. 22. He'll soon return to the Los Angeles Galaxy for the MLS season.
    No matter what you really think of Beckham you have to admit that he does have some real class.
    Anonymous

David Beckham helps stranded family Empty Re: David Beckham helps stranded family

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 pm

Saw this earlier.

Beckham. not worthy
    Anonymous

David Beckham helps stranded family Empty Re: David Beckham helps stranded family

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:02 pm

I love it when footballers don't act like celebrities, real act of class there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:10 pm

David Beckham is an honest and real person, like the rest of us, which is why I like him alot. Like Bogdan says, he doesn't act like a celebrity, but more like just another person who wants to contribute to his society. (See Beckham at world cup)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Yeah, and it just happens to appear in the news. People do this kind of thing every single day, but they don't get any praise for it. Beckham does though, just because he's famous?

facepalm
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:22 pm

I think at the end of the day and Beckham's career he should be remembered as a good man that has done a lot of good for society with stuff like this and his soccer academies for kids. I think Beckham is one of the few celebrities that actually deserves being an Order of the British Empire.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:22 pm

Scott wrote:Yeah, and it just happens to appear in the news. People do this kind of thing every single day, but they don't get any praise for it. Beckham does though, just because he's famous?

facepalm
    Yes because you wouldn't catch many footballers or people like Beckham doing this sort of thing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:24 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Scott wrote:Yeah, and it just happens to appear in the news. People do this kind of thing every single day, but they don't get any praise for it. Beckham does though, just because he's famous?

facepalm
    Yes because you wouldn't catch many footballers or people like Beckham doing this sort of thing.

So we're meant to applaud Beckham for doing something that people do everyday? Neutral

Yeah, he deserves a standing ovation, I mean, wow. What a monstrous good deed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:28 pm

About half a year ago, me and my stepbrother helped flip a taxi cab back over and back onto the road after it had fallen in a ditch late at night.

Anyone going to start a thread about how much class we've got?

Didn't think so.

Last edited by Scott on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

Scott wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

facepalm

So we're meant to applaud Beckham for doing something that people do everyday? Neutral

No, but that's why it's going to be in the news.. because he's famous.. Neutral

To be honest, most people in Beckham's situation of fame and money wouldn't help I don't reckon.
    Anonymous

It smells suspiciously like a publicity stunt to me.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Laughing

What a bloke you are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Scott wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

facepalm

Scotty people don't do this every day. The article said everyone else just drove by. Only Beckham stopped.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:30 pm

kyro7 wrote:Laughing

What a bloke you are.

That's the kind of reaction Beckham should be getting.

Instead he gets people licking his dick.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:30 pm

He's got a point. That could've been some nutter with a knife, doubt Beckham would risk his life to help someone who broke down. Most likely an actor.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Boggers wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

facepalm

Scotty people don't do this every day. The article said everyone else just drove by. Only Beckham stopped.

The article is obviously going to paint him in a favourable light.

Do you believe everything that's written in the news? I bet loads of people got out of their cars and joined in after they saw Beckham.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Bex is the sex not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:47 pm

David Beckham helps stranded family 58503
    Well yah. Obviously it will get on the news just because it was Beckham.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Beckham should stop by Los Angeles and help the Galaxy. The fucker.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:51 pm

dena wrote:Beckham should stop by Los Angeles and help the Galaxy. The fucker.
    rofl
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:09 pm

Scott wrote:About half a year ago, me and my stepbrother helped flip a taxi cab back over and back onto the road after it had fallen in a ditch late at night.

Anyone going to start a thread about how much class we've got?

Didn't think so.

Do you also wonder why people take pictures of celebrities but not of you when you walk down the street?

violin
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:10 pm

facepalm
    People pay for prossies all the time but they don't get any crap for it. Whereas when footballers do it it's all over the news.

It works both ways; anything and almost everything celebrities do shows up somewhere in the news. The least they could do is make it for something good. Rolling Eyes
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Am I the only one who noticed Paul Long? some weird name
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:David Beckham is an honest and real person, like the rest of us, which is why I like him alot.

How in the blue fuck do you know that? I love it when people act like they know these people personally. Never assume you know somebody just because of what you see in the tabloid rags. Guys that appear to be good may in fact be cunts. Conversely, guys who appear to be cunts may in fact be good guys. And vice versa all the way around. You don't know these people.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Scott wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

David Beckham helps stranded family 58503

Celebs get it coming and going though. Don't forget that.

Joe Smith helps a guy on the side of the road. It doesn't make the evening news.
    David Beckham helps a guy on the side of the road. It makes the evening news...once.

However...

Joe Smith shags a couple prostitutes on the side. It doesn't make the evening news.
    Wayne Rooney shags a couple prostitutes on the side. It makes the evening news...10 weeks in a row.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Tom wrote:Am I the only one who noticed Paul Long? some weird name

What's weird about that name?

Paul...pretty common.

Long...also fairly common.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Scott wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Laughing

What a bloke you are.

That's the kind of reaction Beckham should be getting.

Instead he gets people licking his dick.

Jealous?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:47 pm

'Thanks David, i love you'?

I would be well embarrassed if I said that Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 pm

I think everyone already knew Becks was a decent normal lad.

I'm a decent lad too. If I saw Diouf on the side of the road i'd stop, if he asked for a push i'd give him it.

I'd push the fucker in front of a lorry no problem. David Beckham helps stranded family 12784
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:09 pm

Legend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:28 am