Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
ResurrectionRooney
dena
SS_1182
wellz
TheRangersFan
Laurencio
Carlos Jenkinson
RubyArmyCTFC
El Jefe
fergiesrednose
SpiritOfShankly
Jamie
Mason
Jordi
SBSP
19 posters

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football

Anonymous

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  Empty Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:31 am

I was just wondering when David Beckham married Victoria he brought a certain celabrity to football that hasnt really been there. Now he left and people care so much about Wags and if a footballer is shagging some stripper. And if a footballer is going out with somone famous it potenialy sky rockets there career and there in all the papers. Now i understand that David Beckham has done for English football but there is no doubt he has changed the game and how the players have changed.

Last edited by Blackpool Rule on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  Empty Re: Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:32 am

Beckham is a legend not worthy
    SBSP
    SBSP

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  Empty Re: Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:33 am

No.

The worst thing to happen to English football is Emile Heskey.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:33 am

SBSP wrote:No.

Eh?
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:33 am

I think you mispelt best. Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  601554
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:34 am

I'm not a fan of Beckham but it's not his fault he gets so much attention, blame the press.
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Supports : Liverpool

Post by SpiritOfShankly Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:34 am

media's fault, players have been doing this since the 60s
    fergiesrednose
    fergiesrednose

Post by fergiesrednose Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:37 am

becks has been great.... but mr scholes is a legend. Cry
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:39 am

@ Blackpool Rule - Do you realise your sig reads:

Forever and Legend Forever and Tangerine? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:42 am

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  Emileh10

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  Heskey10

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  Heskey11

Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:47 am

Beckham has been a good player, and he was absolute top class for England when others did not exactly perform, but he and especially his wife wanted the publicity. I would like to put a bet on that his new Kids first words will be, deed poll mummy or daddy.
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 am

I quite like Beckham to be honest. He is/was a great footballer who gave everything for England and also comes across as a nice guy.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:06 am

Forest wrote:

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  Emileh10

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  Heskey10

Is David Beckham Good or Bad for English Football  Heskey11

Flopped joke
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:07 am

Hell no..
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:11 am

The whole celebrity culture exists outside football. Even shitey soap stars are having their lives documented in the tabloid press.

D Beck has nothing to do with it.
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:57 am

No, The Sun is
    SS_1182
    SS_1182

Post by SS_1182 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:19 am

wellz wrote:No, The Sun is
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 am

I actually thought this was a good question, sure the tabloid/sensationalism media has always been around, but was it like this in the 80s and earlier? Was it like this in the 90s before the countries most famous footballer and a pop star got married? I don't know but if someone told me that the Beckham marriage brought that culture to football I wouldnt be surprised
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:56 am

I assume this isn't a serious thread, there are a lot worse things to have happened to English football than David Beckham, things where people have actually died. Beckham hasn't been bad for English football anyway, as LFC4eva points out above, he was top class for England in the early 2000s, along with Owen, when 'world class' players like Gerrard and Lampard didn't perform, and he generates a lot of goodwill towards the English game. I can't understand why he's a hate figure for some people.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:50 am

no it was a serious point my brother raised i disagree but he said due to the media attenion on footballers now it was because of david beckham tho he did agree his he did a lot of good for english football but i surpose a RR it wont be taken seriously becasue you would rather go spark some religous debate or wind up liverpool fans
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:50 am

Beckham is fantastic and you can't blame him for the media catering to the lesser intelligent that find news about celebs, Wags and footballwhores interesting.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:07 pm

Blackpool Rule wrote:no it was a serious point my brother raised i disagree but he said due to the media attenion on footballers now it was because of david beckham tho he did agree his he did a lot of good for english football but i surpose a RR it wont be taken seriously becasue you would rather go spark some religous debate or wind up liverpool fans

Alright, so you're seriously saying that Beckham was worse for English football than Heysel?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:10 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Blackpool Rule wrote:no it was a serious point my brother raised i disagree but he said due to the media attenion on footballers now it was because of david beckham tho he did agree his he did a lot of good for english football but i surpose a RR it wont be taken seriously becasue you would rather go spark some religous debate or wind up liverpool fans

Alright, so you're seriously saying that Beckham was worse for English football than Heysel?

no i never said that
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Then he's not the worst thing?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:20 pm

SBSP wrote:Then he's not the worst thing?

i never said he was i came into my head and i thought it would be dicussed im just puting it out that becasue david is now a celbrity of the field lots of papers seem to be botherd about the players personal life more than they ever did before and im saying that david beckham is the reason behind it not that he is the worst thing that ever happend to english football i only asked the question never actualy said he was
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Blackpool Rule wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Then he's not the worst thing?

i never said he was i came into my head and i thought it would be dicussed im just puting it out that becasue david is now a celbrity of the field lots of papers seem to be botherd about the players personal life more than they ever did before and im saying that david beckham is the reason behind it not that he is the worst thing that ever happend to english football i only asked the question never actualy said he was

There is no question to answer, he's not the worst thing to ever happen to English football, that's obvious to anyone with half a brain that hasn't suffered generations of cross-breeding with donkeys.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Of course not. Everyone takes him dead seriously.

fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Wow you have it backwards TC Beckham put football on the map in alot of places. And Footballers shouldn't be shagging strippers in the first place, they have supermodel wives for that,
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Anybody with half a brain who hasn't suffered generations of cross-breeding with donkeys can see that he's not saying that.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:13 am

Why the fuck does this sort of thing go completely unnoticed by mods?

As mena said, anyone can see that he's not saying that, he hasn't even mentioned it, so why bother bringing it up.

Fucking hell, he even said he disagreed with the point his brother raised, and you still manage to somehow try and squirm it into the conversation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:27 pm