Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Steadman
AriseForLife
Childish Logic
Paulinho
Carlos Jenkinson
Start.
Van Wolfswinkel
VivaRonaldoLAD
Samuel-x
Weather130
14 posters

David Beckham eyeing $17.9M offer

Weather130
    Weather130

David Beckham eyeing $17.9M offer Empty David Beckham eyeing $17.9M offer

Post by Weather130 Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:39 am

Paris Saint-Germain's offer to David Beckham might be too rich to turn down.

The French giant, its Qatari owners willing to spend whatever is required to bring in the Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder, has offered an 18-month package worth more than $17.9 million, according to English tabloid The Daily Mail, which says Beckham is on the verge of signing.

David Beckham eyeing $17.9M offer Soc_g_beckham_65
    Beckham

Beckham, who travels Saturday with the Galaxy for their three-game postseason tour of Asia and Australia, will complete his contract with L.A. at the end of December, and he's mulling whether to stay with the Galaxy, head home to London -- Tottenham as the likely destination -- or head to Paris, where Paris Saint-Germain is seeking to join the elite ranks of global clubs through the riches of its ownership, which is affiliated with the Qatari government.

PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi told The Daily Mail that Beckham's decision will come down "between Tottenham and PSG," and the newspaper reported that after "lengthy negotiations with Beckham's representatives," PSG thinks it has "won the race to sign him."

Beckham, whose annual average MLS compensation was $6.5 million, said all season that he and his family would discuss his future when the Galaxy's season was through. L.A., with Beckham making considerable contributions, won the MLS Cup championship last weekend to cap its finest season.

The Galaxy's best chance is that Beckham has said he and his family love living in Los Angeles, but the English star this week said he would maintain a home in Beverly Hills no matter where he plays.

PSG, which is in first place in France's Ligue 1, hopes Beckham can raise the club's profile, as he did with the Galaxy and MLS. It is understood there are commercial opportunities included in the deal, related to the Al Jazeera television network and perhaps the 2022 World Cup, which will be played in Qatar.

Al Khelaifi is general manager of sport at Al Jazeera, which also is owned by a Qatari government affiliate

For someone who many believe is beyond his prime this is crazy money. Beckham would be silly to turn down this deal and I am sure his wife would love to live in Paris.
    Anonymous

David Beckham eyeing $17.9M offer Empty Re: David Beckham eyeing $17.9M offer

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:43 am

18m for 18 months? For a 36-year-old? That's ridiculous. eek
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Supports : Chelsea Football Club

Post by Samuel-x Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:47 am

ilJuventino wrote:18m for 18 months? For a 36-year-old? That's ridiculous. eek

Publicly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:50 am

ilJuventino wrote:18m for 18 months? For a 36-year-old? That's ridiculous. eek
    Well PSG paid €40 million for Pastore and they said they're willing to spend €40+ million to get Hazard.

I don't think they care about money.

Last edited by Splashy on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:51 am

The fact that PSG even want him is annoying.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:52 am

I just may start watching the French League then.. my interest in MLS and La Liga is purely because of him not worthy
    Van Wolfswinkel
    Van Wolfswinkel

Formerly known as : Sammy_Tekkers

Post by Van Wolfswinkel Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:59 am

Jesus Christ he has everything going for him Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:00 pm

Daily Mail. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:07 pm

I guess the hope of seeing Golden Balls play for relegation bound Tijuana just went up in flames. Neutral
    Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:11 pm

I assume these clown's are richer then City? Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Start. wrote:I assume these clown's are richer then City? Neutral
    Well if they're stupid enough to spend 40 million on Pastore they must be. Neutral
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:13 pm

Don't think so
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Splashy wrote:
    Well if they're stupid enough to spend 40 million on Pastore they must be. Neutral

Cmon, That's a bit unfair, he's having a crazy season in France so far.

Fucking Beckham, unbelievable
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:33 pm

Rei Andros wrote:The fact that PSG even want him is annoying.

menez not worthy
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:14 pm

To be honest this would be a smart move for PSG just from a marketing standpoint. The money would be regained in shirt sales alone. Once you add the global appeal of Beckham to the PSG name that will generate sponsorship and the chances for more money will keep coming.

This is a win win for PSG and Beckham. Also if he turns in a good performance in the league, the next England manager would be a nut to not add him back to the England team regardless of his age.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:30 pm

This actually a great idea for PSG and it does more than shirt sales. You pay Beckham the good money now and yet him retire on his own terms. Then hopefully you can get him to stay as some sort of coach or work with your youth team. If that happens you will get your moneys worth out of the situation.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:34 pm

I still don't get why people obsess over Beckham. There are greater legends out there. It fucking annoys me when clubs are willing to spend so much on an old player that's not even close to one of the best players ever.
    Steadman
    Steadman

Supports : I have humor, yes.

Post by Steadman Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Beckham is sexy though.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:04 pm

ahlycotc wrote:I still don't get why people obsess over Beckham. There are greater legends out there. It fucking annoys me when clubs are willing to spend so much on an old player that's not even close to one of the best players ever.

you're so naive..

and Beckham is sexy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:53 pm

He's just one of those players that you couldn't help but fall in love with no matter what club you supported, similar to Owen. Its a shame the current England players don't have an ounce of the passion Becks has for his country.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:26 pm

brb going for a cheap weekend in Paris, watching Beckham then getting wasted. bounce
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:28 pm

I don't dislike the man. Seems like a decent lad.

I fucking despise the media circus that follows him everywhere though. Beckham back into the England squad. Ha.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Mr Leiva wrote:I don't dislike the man. Seems like a decent lad.

I fucking despise the media circus that follows him everywhere though. Beckham back into the England squad. Ha.
    Rather have Beckham in the squad than Lampard or Barry.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:32 pm

Chris wrote:

Not sure if Serious.
    Andy

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Andy Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Chris wrote:

L O L
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Mr Leiva wrote:
    Chris wrote:

Not sure if Serious.
    Serious.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Debatable.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:46 pm

He's more creative and a better passer of the ball
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Fonseca wrote:He's more creative and a better passer of the ball
    Plus a set piece expert.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:03 am

psyroukis wrote:
    Splashy wrote:

Cmon, That's a bit unfair, he's having a crazy season in France so far.

Fucking Beckham, unbelievable
    I agree he has been great so far but you have to admit PSG really overpaid for him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:38 am