Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
El_indian
The Bat-Man
Muhkoo
Grenade
Coatsy
SBSP
fluffy_kittens
SpiritOfShankly
El Jefe
Kuled
Zzonked
Carlos Jenkinson
Scouser_Dave
Theo Filippo
Drake
Mal
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
crump
CollieBuddz
arsenalap11
ResurrectionRooney
25 posters

Do people honestly feel bad when rival players get injured?

Anonymous

Do people honestly feel bad when rival players get injured? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do people honestly feel bad when rival players get injured?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:57 am

SBSP wrote:
    Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:I enjoy every moment when Liverpool players suffer injuries.
    17,000 posts and about 16,000 of them, all about Liverpool or there players. Rolling Eyes
    37 years old, and he can't tell the difference between points and posts. He's only made 5k or so posts, mate. Laughing

Laughing
    Anonymous

Do people honestly feel bad when rival players get injured? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do people honestly feel bad when rival players get injured?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:05 am

I do. Because a rival player getting injured means your achievement isn't as good then if your rival sides had their best players fit for a large amount of time. That is why Manchester United's recent achievements aren't actually that special, seeing as their rivals have had some horrific injuries. For example, Liverpool and Arsenal suffered bad injuries last season, Tottenham had some key players out and Chelsea had some bad injuries as well. Had it not been for these injuries, Man United would not have won the title, which if I was a Man United fan, it would belittle the title achievement of last season and recent years.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:06 am

TBF, I think just about every Rangers player is a cunt, so no.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:06 am

SBSP wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:I enjoy every moment when Liverpool players suffer injuries.
    17,000 posts and about 16,000 of them, all about Liverpool or there players. Rolling Eyes
    37 years old, and he can't tell the difference between points and posts. He's only made 5k or so posts, mate. Laughing
    Oops sorry, must be my old age as he goes off to change it, Embarassed That will be 5000 posts then and 4999 about Liverpool. Do people honestly feel bad when rival players get injured? - Page 2 284837
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:07 am

SBSP wrote:
    Oops sorry, must be my old age as he goes off to change it, Embarassed That will be 5000 posts then and 4999 about Liverpool. Do people honestly feel bad when rival players get injured? - Page 2 284837
    Better. Razz
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:07 am

Dan wrote:I do. Because a rival player getting injured means your achievement isn't as good then if your rival sides had their best players fit for a large amount of time. That is why Manchester United's recent achievements aren't actually that special, seeing as their rivals have had some horrific injuries. For example, Liverpool and Arsenal suffered bad injuries last season, Tottenham had some key players out and Chelsea had some bad injuries as well. Had it not been for these injuries, Man United would not have won the title, which if I was a Man United fan, it would belittle the title achievement of last season and recent years.

agree to your post without the Man U hate. If we were playing Arsenal and RVP, Fabregas, Walcott, Wilshere, etc. were all injured and they were playing backups, the game itself wouldn't have been as fun and even though I would obviously be happy if we beat them it wouldn't be the same as beating their full strength first string side so there were no excuses from fans and media.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:09 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:
    Dan wrote:I do. Because a rival player getting injured means your achievement isn't as good then if your rival sides had their best players fit for a large amount of time. That is why Manchester United's recent achievements aren't actually that special, seeing as their rivals have had some horrific injuries. For example, Liverpool and Arsenal suffered bad injuries last season, Tottenham had some key players out and Chelsea had some bad injuries as well. Had it not been for these injuries, Man United would not have won the title, which if I was a Man United fan, it would belittle the title achievement of last season and recent years.

agree to your post without the Man U hate. If we were playing Arsenal and RVP, Fabregas, Walcott, Wilshere, etc. were all injured and they were playing backups, the game itself wouldn't have been as fun and even though I would obviously be happy if we beat them it wouldn't be the same as beating their full strength first string side so there were no excuses from fans and media.

There is no Man United hate (can you please not call them Man U because it is an offensive term). I am simply expressing a correct and unbiased opinion. Wanting rival players to be injured is small and is a common theme among Man United fans, as RR has shown. That belittles their achievements.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:11 am

Well there is that, but if your rivals suffer a load of injuries then you can be more successful. Like when Chelsea won the League in 2009/10 because United had a horrific injury crisis in defence. If Liverpool's immediate rivals like Tottenham and Man City had suffered a load of injuries, you might have got into the Europa League this season, it might be a belittled achievement, but it's better than achieving nothing. Similarly, in 2008/09 you might have won the Premier League if we'd had more injuries, a belittled achievement it may be, but belittled achievements are better than achieving nothing 5 years on the spin.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:15 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Well there is that, but if your rivals suffer a load of injuries then you can be more successful. Like when Chelsea won the League in 2009/10 because United had a horrific injury crisis in defence. If Liverpool's immediate rivals like Tottenham and Man City had suffered a load of injuries, you might have got into the Europa League this season, it might be a belittled achievement, but it's better than achieving nothing. Similarly, in 2008/09 you might have won the Premier League if we'd had more injuries, a belittled achievement it may be, but belittled achievements are better than achieving nothing 5 years on the spin.

Relying on injuries for success is not the way to go and is an unstable and dangerous strategy to rely on. I can assure you that it is very risky. There might be some years where rival teams don't have massive injuries (such as 2009/10, 2005/06, 2004/05, 2003/04 to name just a few) and Man United won't have much success.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:38 am

Dan wrote:

Relying on injuries for success is not the way to go and is an unstable and dangerous strategy to rely on. I can assure you that it is very risky. There might be some years where rival teams don't have massive injuries (such as 2009/10, 2005/06, 2004/05, 2003/04 to name just a few) and Man United won't have much success.

Of course relying on injuries is a stupid strategy, Liverpool have proven that for the last 21 consecutive seasons, your main strategy has to be to construct the strongest squad in the country. If you have a strong squad, your chances can be greatly enhanced by title rivals suffering injuries, equally it can be harmed by your own club suffering injuries.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:39 am

Depends on the player and the extent of the injury tbh.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:42 am

Dan wrote:

Of course relying on injuries is a stupid strategy, Liverpool have proven that for the last 21 consecutive seasons, your main strategy has to be to construct the strongest squad in the country. If you have a strong squad, your chances can be greatly enhanced by title rivals suffering injuries, equally it can be harmed by your own club suffering injuries.

Liverpool haven't relied on injuries. There are many factors as to why Liverpool haven't won a title in 21 years, but an injury reliance strategy is not one of them.

However, we weren't talking about Liverpool, it was about Man United and their obsession with rival players injuries, wishing them in the hope there will be lots so they can have an easier time. Changing the subject is hiding from the truth.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:46 am

Dan wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Liverpool haven't relied on injuries. There are many factors as to why Liverpool haven't won a title in 21 years, but an injury reliance strategy is not one of them.

However, we weren't talking about Liverpool, it was about Man United and their obsession with rival players injuries, wishing them in the hope there will be lots so they can have an easier time. Changing the subject is hiding from the truth.

It is true that the only way Liverpool could have won the title would be in the event of injury crises massacring the teams immediately above them.

I suggest you go and read the last line of the original post in this thread.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:48 am

Dan wrote:
    Dan wrote:

It is true that the only way Liverpool could have won the title would be in the event of injury crises massacring the teams immediately above them.

I suggest you go and read the last line of the original post in this thread.

Yes, I have not stated otherwise. You are adding nothing to this conversation. Typical Man United fan.. Rolling Eyes
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:04 am

fluffy_kittens wrote:I care when Arsenal players get hurt. When Ramsey got massacred that one season I felt bad. When RVP gets hurt I wish he would get better because I'd rather beat the full strength Arsenal side then a side with backups for rivalry sake.

Do people honestly feel bad when rival players get injured? - Page 2 914411
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:30 am

Depends on the player tbh... but I don't wish injuries on rival players, and if they do get injured, I do wish they recover.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:19 am

Admittedly i have had my hopes for a short injury break when the last few rounds come along. When there is only a tiny margin of points between who takes the championship and who is playing Europa League i wouldn't mind if a tackle puts a rivals player on the ground for longer than it ought to. But again when it comes down to rival matches I'd rather see both sides with the strongest setup, just to say that we won when we were both equal.

But hoping a player gets a long injury break or perhaps never recovers isn't something i can imagine any sane person doing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:40 am

I would feel bad for a Southend player.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:44 am

I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone, it's not a nice thing to happen to a player and even if it's a rival club I don't want their players to get hurt, they are still human.

Unless it's Benayoun, I would laugh if he got hit by a bus.

Laughing
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:44 am

The Bat-Man wrote:I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone, it's not a nice thing to happen to a player and even if it's a rival club I don't want their players to get hurt, they are still human.

Unless it's Benayoun, I would laugh if he got hit by a bus.

Laughing
    Jew hater.

shifty
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Blatant anti-Semitism.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:32 pm

When rivals players get injured it doesn't bother me.

I don't particularly want them to get hurt but if they pickup an injury i couldn't care less.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:02 pm

I really depends, but put it this way, I would prefer to beat a full strength united rather than one where their fans can make excuses, 'we didn't have so and so' etc etc

when it's something like a term term injury which could ruin a career than yeah. I don't give it much thought though - It would be like 'oh bad luck', then just move on
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Hell no, I always wish the worst on my enemies, I hope that all the bad things in the world happen to them and only them.
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:33 pm

Honest answer: I don't care about any player that gets an injury that doesn't play for us, except Raúl.

Last edited by El Pipita on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:36 pm

I think if it was any player in the world that got a career ending injury, you would feel some sort of emotion.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:58 pm

El_indian wrote:I really depends, but put it this way, I would prefer to beat a full strength united rather than one where their fans can make excuses, 'we didn't have so and so' etc etc

when it's something like a term term injury which could ruin a career than yeah. I don't give it much thought though - It would be like 'oh bad luck', then just move on

A full strength United side would beat you though. When we lost to you with most of our defence injured/suspended were you thinking 'Oh no United have excuses they can make' or were you thinking 'We beat United 3-1! Woo!'
    SpiritOfShankly
    SpiritOfShankly

Supports : Liverpool

Post by SpiritOfShankly Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:03 am

El_indian wrote:I really depends, but put it this way, I would prefer to beat a full strength united rather than one where their fans can make excuses, 'we didn't have so and so' etc etc

A full strength United side would beat you though. When we lost to you with most of our defence injured/suspended were you thinking 'Oh no United have excuses they can make' or were you thinking 'We beat United 3-1! Woo!'

facepalm beat you plenty of times when you've been full strength and beaten you when we havent been full strength.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:14 am

yeah I was thinking "Oh no! united fans will make excuses"
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:20 am

SpiritOfShankly wrote:

facepalm beat you plenty of times when you've been full strength and beaten you when we havent been full strength.

Yeah, years ago, I'm talking about in the present day. If United were playing at close to full strength we would defeat Liverpool, we showed that when we defeated you twice last season, the second time without our best player.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:19 pm