Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
fluffy_kittens
Uncle John from Jamaica
SS_1182
Hernandez_14
Danny
GCU
Zzonked
luke.
Mouse
GK01
14 posters

Football: A Triangular Game?

GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Football: A Triangular Game? Empty Football: A Triangular Game?

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:30 am

Football: A Triangular Game? Triang10
    Hope this damn thing resizes and shut-up I know I can’t draw

So as some of you might know is that I’m currently working (not employed don’t get paid) in the football management field if you will, as an assistant manager. Anyway even though it is mostly credited towards managers as the tactics I’ve currently been working on one simple one for the gaffer (Just wanted to say it) and above is the first image of my shit drawing skills at work tactic but as I was working on just the simple things in it about the opposition I noticed something.

Triangles, triangles, triangles, can I get them into football? Well possibly. The way I’m looking at is (after I clean everything up a bit it will be more clearer) with the normal plan (Wingbacks, one attack mid, one defensive mid, wingers higher up the field) is that if we were to keep the passes shorter then territory can be put in place to replace the normal zones as are in football.

The thing is if a player was to protect their territory like an animal out in the wild, surely their triangle or territory would only be small thus the opposition exploiting the very clear and open spaces around the field, with the players told not to venture out of their territory, too often at least. That’s where the concept of multiple and shared triangles for players comes in. All players would get around four triangles of territory each allowing them to cover yards of space, while sharing spaces with other players, like my defensive mid and centre backs both share a spot behind the center circle.

All I’m really writing this for is for my own help in figuring it out, there’s still a lot to go with this tactic, and it has to be presented tomorrow, the day before the tournament, but with some serious experimenting with it I know it can work, but of course somethings I’ll have to decide my self on the players ability. But I know if we stick to this, players stick to their territory, the opposition if using the typical 4-4-2 will be caught out, and as the players work their way through the triangles with short, swift passing there will be no stopping us for once, and we can put the despair of 2nd in every competition behind us.

But also if it is implemented right, it will also teach the players how to play right in the tactic, instead of a defensive midfielder pushing up, being caught on the counter attack, and then we lose a goal, it stops him from venturing too far forward by the territories not wanting to lose it. But yeah this is just my random thoughts on a tactic I didn’t even mean to create that has now grasp control of my mind.

Was just something I wrote on Tumblr about the tactic of sorts I was working on, Sean read it said I should post it so here it is. And yes I know I can't draw Neutral
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Football: A Triangular Game? Empty Re: Football: A Triangular Game?

Post by Mouse Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:33 am

football has always been about triangles, didn't you know this?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 am

Football: A Triangular Game? 283183 confused
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 am

Mc Babel wrote:football has always been about triangles, didn't you know this?
    This. Pass and move.

Been in the game since it began. Neutral

One of the first things I was taught about passing, was to pass in triangles if I could. shifty

Who says in England we are brought up to play hoofball. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Mr Leiva on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 am

Stick it into football manager for a trial.

If it works, you're the best manager ever. Or assistant manager, same difference.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 am

You can't draw.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:36 am

If you consider it in pass and move, but in general it hasn't with the territory and such that I tried to explain Laughing
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:37 am

Zzonked wrote:You can't draw.

Shut it mod Dry Smile
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:38 am

Interesting insight Sam Football: A Triangular Game? 284837

FFA offered my brother a free KNVB certificate course but he didn't want to do it so I took it up. I might steal your idea and claim it as my own in a discussion Football: A Triangular Game? 158228
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:38 am

GK01 wrote:

If you consider it in pass and move, but in general it hasn't with the territory and such that I tried to explain Laughing
    Suppose, i remember reading about Cryuff(sp) and how he implemented it into the Barca system, every one of their teams strategys is based off Piggy in the middle.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:40 am

GCU wrote:Interesting insight Sam Football: A Triangular Game? 284837

FFA offered my brother a free KNVB certificate course but he didn't want to do it so I took it up. I might steal your idea and claim it as my own in a discussion Football: A Triangular Game? 158228

Cunt you are Beau Laughing

Edit: I don't have any of my licenses or certificates as well I'm looking into getting into it, help me Beau Razz

@Mousey - I can understand the passing etc, as Jordan said from a early age you start passing in triangles, but the whole concept of mine is the players can only move about in a certain amount of space or as I referred to it a certain amount of triangles, leaving attacking players to attack, defending players to defend, basically if they move outside their assigned triangles (without reasoning) then they are in the wrong shifty

Last edited by GK01 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:40 am

Mc Babel wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

Suppose, i remember reading about Cryuff(sp) and how he implemented it into the Barca system, every one of their teams strategys is based off Piggy in the middle.

Total football. not worthy

Should always have two-three options to pass too. Then once you have passed the ball, you move into space.

Best way to play football. Cool
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:43 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    Mc Babel wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

Should always have two-three options to pass too. Then once you have passed the ball, you move into space.

Should always have an idea of where you'd pass the ball before you recieve a pass. Cool
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 am

I'm guessing you're talking about defensive positional play in a zonal marking system GK. I'm not sure how you came up with a series of triangular zones as the most efficient way to cover ground to stymie the opposition and to stop counter-attacks. The shape is rather complicated to implement as a mental map on the field.

Why triangles?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:48 am

Danny wrote:
    Mr Leiva wrote:
    Mc Babel wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

Should always have an idea of where you'd pass the ball before you recieve a pass. Cool

not worthy
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:49 am

Rei Andros wrote:I'm guessing you're talking about defensive positional play in a zonal marking system GK. I'm not sure how you came up with a series of triangular zones as the most efficient way to cover ground to stymie the opposition and to stop counter-attacks. The shape is rather complicated to implement as a mental map on the field.

Why triangles?

I don't actually know myself, but I remember just working some things out on it (I didn't plan to develop something like this when I first started) but I remember staring at it, trying to vision player movement and that's when I got the idea for triangles Laughing.

But I just imagine take someone like Sandro in the later days of his Spurs season he was deployed as a DM but was playing much like an AM, but here he would be forced to stay within the triangles or territory set for him which could be just down the defensive middle of the pitch for his side. Where as Modric would have the attacking half.
    Hernandez_14
    Hernandez_14

Formerly known as : Braad
    Supports : Manchester United

Post by Hernandez_14 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:50 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Mr Leiva wrote:
    Mc Babel wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

not worthy

clap
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:52 am

Hard to explain. The second video one of the best national sides ever. Cool
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:54 am

GK01 wrote:

Edit: I don't have any of my licenses or certificates as well I'm looking into getting into it, help me Beau Razz

@Mousey - I can understand the passing etc, as Jordan said from a early age you start passing in triangles, but the whole concept of mine is the players can only move about in a certain amount of space or as I referred to it a certain amount of triangles, leaving attacking players to attack, defending players to defend, basically if they move outside their assigned triangles (without reasoning) then they are in the wrong Football: A Triangular Game? 279869

Na man I got lucky because my bro is an associate of the FFA and he's gonna be overseas at the time so they let me have it provided I get a basic Youth coaching cert in time. They limited the spots to 27 so i got really luckily especially since i got no previous coaching experience besides just playing but i guess we all gotta start somewhere.

The KNVB cert is suppose to cover mostly everything required in a normal B License and some from the A, but it's not a diploma or anything so it's not like i can use it as a form of employment but then again that's what you get for it being free but I am allowed to add it into my CV and it's supposed to give more credits when trying to apply for other courses. The annoying thing though is juggling it with my Yr 11 crap and my soccer
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:54 am

This ain't about the passing it's about the movement of players, and where they should be moving depending on how the manager wants them to play. Big Sam could take this and make it a hoof ball tactic if he wanted -_-
    GCU
    GCU

Post by GCU Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:56 am

Triangles are everywhere bro, Big Sam's triangles would be rightback, to central defender, to striker, and then back to rightback.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:57 am

GCU wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

@Mousey - I can understand the passing etc, as Jordan said from a early age you start passing in triangles, but the whole concept of mine is the players can only move about in a certain amount of space or as I referred to it a certain amount of triangles, leaving attacking players to attack, defending players to defend, basically if they move outside their assigned triangles (without reasoning) then they are in the wrong Football: A Triangular Game? 279869

Na man I got lucky because my bro is an associate of the FFA and he's gonna be overseas at the time so they let me have it provided I get a basic Youth coaching cert in time. They limited the spots to 27 so i got really luckily especially since i got no previous coaching experience besides just playing but i guess we all gotta start somewhere.

The KNVB cert is suppose to cover mostly everything required in a normal B License and some from the A, but it's not a diploma or anything so it's not like i can use it as a form of employment but then again that's what you get for it being free but I am allowed to add it into my CV and it's supposed to give more credits when trying to apply for other courses. The annoying thing though is juggling it with my Yr 11 crap and my soccer

Yeah, thing is I'll have to start at the bottom with my licenses and the courses are going to get harder and longer as I continue if I even get in. I'm thinking of taking Sports Management when I get into Uni alongside law if I can because I love law but football management is the one thing i really want to do, and would drop everything for it Laughing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:57 am

GCU wrote:Triangles are everywhere bro, Big Sam's triangles would be rightback, to central defender, to striker, and then back to rightback.

laugh
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:59 am

I wish you were my manager sam, mines a stupid cunt who encourages hoofball and prefers players who "give it a go" over ones with actual footballing ability.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:01 am

Mc Babel wrote:I wish you were my manager sam, mines a stupid cunt who encourages hoofball and prefers players who "give it a go" over ones with actual footballing ability.

Put a word in to get him fired, put a word in to get me in and I'll do it shifty
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:02 am

GK01 wrote:
    Mc Babel wrote:I wish you were my manager sam, mines a stupid cunt who encourages hoofball and prefers players who "give it a go" over ones with actual footballing ability.

Put a word in to get him fired, put a word in to get me in and I'll do it Football: A Triangular Game? 279869
    We've been trying to get someone else for ages Laughing He pla\ys his son everyweek whos a fucking shithouse.
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:04 am

Mc Babel wrote:
    GK01 wrote:

Put a word in to get him fired, put a word in to get me in and I'll do it Football: A Triangular Game? 279869
    We've been trying to get someone else for ages Laughing He pla\ys his son everyweek whos a fucking shithouse.

Booking my ticket now shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:15 am

An Assistant Manager at 14? Confused
    GK01
    GK01

Post by GK01 Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:39 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:An Assistant Manager at 14? Confused

Yes? If someone believes I have the ability to help a team through knowledge I have and decide to employ me as an Asst. Manager what is so weird about that?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:46 am

It's a bit young.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:00 pm