Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Roloman4
Zzonked
Cadbury
SBSP
CoVkId01
Jamie
Demba Ba
Fanatic
Theo Filippo
Mouse
14 posters

Andriy Voronin on English Football

Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Andriy Voronin on English Football  - Page 2 Empty Re: Andriy Voronin on English Football

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 am

cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Still, I wouldn't say that most teams do it.

There are a couple of sides like Stoke and Wolves who are very physical but even at that, I wouldn't describe them in the way Voronin has.
    I would.

Every team other than Arsenal, Wigan, Tottenham and United are long ball teams.
    A bit unfair on Liverpool. I was actually quite impressed with the way they played during the 2nd half of the season. You certainly couldn't accuse them of long ball tactics in the games against Man United and Fulham.
    Kenny is renowned for negative football, this is another reason why they should of kept Roy Hogdson. If the pressure is on Liverpool they play long ball tactics.
    Dalglish may be known for negative tactics, but he deserves praise for abandoning them this season and playing a more exciting style of football. Hodgson just wasn't working out and even though it was harsh he had to go.

Only time will tell as to whether Liverpool decide to resort to long ball tactics next season when the pressure is on.
    Its easy to try new things and tactics when the pressure is off. When the pressure is on they resort to hoofball such as against braga who were too technically gifted for them.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Andriy Voronin on English Football  - Page 2 Empty Re: Andriy Voronin on English Football

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:I think thats a bit too extreme.

You can hardly claim that Arsenal or Wigan employ those sort of tactics.

While the English game is very physical the best strikers are able to cope with that sort of thing and excel. Voronin is just frustrated because he was a flop in the PL.
    He said MOST of the teams.

There are a couple of sides like Stoke and Wolves who are very physical but even at that, I wouldn't describe them in the way Voronin has.
    I would.

Funny that none of those teams have won anything, suppose it shows how effective it is against teams which play the good English way.

Especially true for West Ham. Cool
    Yes Manchester United have not won anything.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:50 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:He said MOST of the teams.

I would.

Funny that none of those teams have won anything, suppose it shows how effective it is against teams which play the good English way.

You didn't say Manchester United.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:50 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

I would.

I get it now. Laughing
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:52 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:

I would.

Sorry i said City Rolling Eyes

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:52 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:I would.

Apology accepted.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:53 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

Apology accepted.
    Good boy. Now please stop trolling. You never see me do it Rolling Eyes As a moderator you should be setting an example.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:02 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:He said MOST of the teams.

I would.

A bit unfair on Liverpool. I was actually quite impressed with the way they played during the 2nd half of the season. You certainly couldn't accuse them of long ball tactics in the games against Man United and Fulham.
    Kenny is renowned for negative football, this is another reason why they should of kept Roy Hogdson. If the pressure is on Liverpool they play long ball tactics.

rofl.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:38 am

Meh. He's probably still bitter from how much he flopped.

I can safely say Andriy Voronin is was one of the worst footballers i've ever seen. He was an absolute train wreck in every game i saw him play for Liverpool.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:44 am

The thread has been re-opened. Very Happy
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:45 am

This thread has been re-opened. But then again it could of been closed.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:46 am

Take that somewhere else.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:46 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:This thread has been re-opened. But then again it could of been closed.
    Football is a game where two teams kick a ball and try to hit a net. Whoever hits the net more times wins the game.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:47 am

cheesy wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:This thread has been re-opened. But then again it could of been closed.
    Football is a game where two teams kick a ball and try to hit a net. Whoever hits the net more times wins the game.
    Wrong. Where the ball has to cross the goal line. You clearly do not understand the rules of the game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:49 am

One of the shitest players to wear that Liverpool shirt.
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Post by Demba Ba Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:49 am

Back on topic, what was Voronin's goal record at Liverpool?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:22 pm