Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Gegilworld93
Cadbury
Barton
crump
El Jefe
ShakerMatty
Zzonked
Mal
Lux
Jord
ResurrectionRooney
Danny
Kuled
17 posters

Dog shot with pellet gun for 40 times

Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Dog shot with pellet gun for 40 times  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dog shot with pellet gun for 40 times

Post by Marvin Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:15 am

People are overrating to what RR said. Many people feel the same way, it really isn't worth getting worked up over (What he said that is, not what happened to the dog).
    Anonymous

Dog shot with pellet gun for 40 times  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dog shot with pellet gun for 40 times

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:16 am

Why would someone go out of there way to do something like that to a dog. Neutral
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:16 am

Jord wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    Rei wrote:Not that I don't feel sorry for the dog, but I'm kinda with RR on this. I would never feel the same empathy for an animal that I do for a fellow human being.
    It's not that you feel more empathy. It's just different kind of empathy. I have a very strong hate towards animal cruelty and can't stand anything to do with it. I'm no vegetarian or anything like that but I do always think about how the meat I eat is killed and what not.

Expected better from you actually Rei.

What do you mean you expected better? It dosen't make you morally superior to people who don't feel the same empathy for animals as they do for fellow humans.
    True, wrong choice of words actually. Also I don't feel morally superior or anything like that. But if you look at RR's responses "Sort your head out", "It's just a dog", it's things like this which I don't like.

Obviously what RR said was incredibly insensitive, and it's almost impossible not to feel sorry for that dog, but understand where he's coming from. No need for everyone to start jumping on his back as he shows us his controversial side.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:18 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I don't like animal cruelty either, but there is a line between animals and humans. Whoever did this should spend a few weeks in jail and be monitored by psychiatrists.
    So why do I need to sort my head out then? Plenty of people hurt more towards the cruelty of animals than the cruelty towards human beings.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:19 am

JMB_94 wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    Rei wrote:Not that I don't feel sorry for the dog, but I'm kinda with RR on this. I would never feel the same empathy for an animal that I do for a fellow human being.
    It's not that you feel more empathy. It's just different kind of empathy. I have a very strong hate towards animal cruelty and can't stand anything to do with it. I'm no vegetarian or anything like that but I do always think about how the meat I eat is killed and what not.

What do you mean you expected better? It dosen't make you morally superior to people who don't feel the same empathy for animals as they do for fellow humans.
    True, wrong choice of words actually. Also I don't feel morally superior or anything like that. But if you look at RR's responses "Sort your head out", "It's just a dog", it's things like this which I don't like.

Obviously what RR said was incredibly insensitive, and it's almost impossible not to feel sorry for that dog, but understand where he's coming from. No need for everyone to start jumping on his back as he shows us his controversial side.

If you was walking down the street, what would fill you with more anger? A man kicking a man while he's on the floor, this man knows exactly why he's being kicked or a man kicking a defenceless dog, who doesn't know or understand why it's being kicked and it can't do anything to protect itself?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:22 am

Jord wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I don't like animal cruelty either, but there is a line between animals and humans. Whoever did this should spend a few weeks in jail and be monitored by psychiatrists.
    So why do I need to sort my head out then? Plenty of people hurt more towards the cruelty of animals than the cruelty towards human beings.

Because a human life is worth far more than an animal's life. If lots of people feel like you then lots of people have a flawed perspective.

I'd definitely shoot 10 dogs to save one human, or torture 10 dogs to stop one human getting tortured.

Mal wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    Jord wrote:It's not that you feel more empathy. It's just different kind of empathy. I have a very strong hate towards animal cruelty and can't stand anything to do with it. I'm no vegetarian or anything like that but I do always think about how the meat I eat is killed and what not.

If you was walking down the street, what would fill you with more anger? A man kicking a man while he's on the floor, this man knows exactly why he's being kicked or a man kicking a defenceless dog, who doesn't know or understand why it's being kicked and it can't do anything to protect itself?

The man without a doubt.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:23 am

Also to build on what Mal said. Who do you feel more sorry for, a homeless man living on the streets asking for money or a ownerless dog living on the streets with no food or water?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:25 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Jord wrote:

Because a human life is worth far more than an animal's life. If lots of people feel like you then lots of people have a flawed perspective.

I'd definitely shoot 10 dogs to save one human, or torture 10 dogs to stop one human getting tortured.

Mal wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    Jord wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    Jord wrote:It's not that you feel more empathy. It's just different kind of empathy. I have a very strong hate towards animal cruelty and can't stand anything to do with it. I'm no vegetarian or anything like that but I do always think about how the meat I eat is killed and what not.

The man without a doubt.

Then you're a heartless fuck. Someone who beats an animal because it can't do anything back is not a man/woman. They're just cowards who can't take their problems out on the people that caused them. Why should an innocent animal suffer for someone else's problems?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:25 am

Jord wrote:Also to build on what Mal said. Who do you feel more sorry for, a homeless man living on the streets asking for money or a ownerless dog living on the streets with no food or water?

And that homeless man will just take your money and spend it on crack and alcohol.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:25 am

RR, Fuck off.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:27 am

Jord wrote:Also to build on what Mal said. Who do you feel more sorry for, a homeless man living on the streets asking for money or a ownerless dog living on the streets with no food or water?

Baring in mind that the homeless person could potentialy commit robberies and probably lost all of his money on gambling or drugs.

I, for one, value an animal's life as much as I value a human's.
    Jord
    Jord

Post by Jord Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:27 am

You hear that everybody? ResurrectionRooney would shoot 10 dogs to save one human being from being tortured.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:28 am

Jord wrote:You hear that everybody? ResurrectionRooney would shoot 10 dogs to save one human being from being tortured.

Meh, we're simpletons, he's the next Nick Clegg. He's probably right.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:30 am

It's not worth replying to him, it's clearly like an ant trying to figure out what a human is thinking.

Or just some guy trolling.

You decide.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:30 am

Mal wrote:
    Jord wrote:

Mal wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:
    Jord wrote:True, wrong choice of words actually. Also I don't feel morally superior or anything like that. But if you look at RR's responses "Sort your head out", "It's just a dog", it's things like this which I don't like.

The man without a doubt.

Then you're a heartless fuck. Someone who beats an animal because it can't do anything back is not a man/woman. They're just cowards who can't take their problems out on the people that caused them. Why should an innocent animal suffer for someone else's problems?
    Why am I heartless? I don't like animal cruelty, it shouldn't happen, and I do feel sorry for the victims of it, but it's not something to get getting all worked up about.
    crump wrote:RR, Fuck off.

Dog shot with pellet gun for 40 times  - Page 2 1o9ilx

Cadbury wrote:

Baring in mind that the homeless person could potentialy commit robberies and probably lost all of his money on gambling or drugs.

I, for one, value an animal's life as much as I value a human's.

Take it you're a vegetarian then? Or a cannibal?

Jord wrote:You hear that everybody? ResurrectionRooney would shoot 10 dogs to save one human being from being tortured.

Wouldn't you? Honestly?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:32 am

Wouldn't you? Honestly?

I'd kill 10 dogs for a family member but to be honest, I'd kill ten humans for a family member.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:33 am

You're a cunt then.
    Barton

Post by Barton Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:33 am

To the situations that Mal and Jord used, it depends really. You're all going about how dogs are innocent in every situation, so obviously it would trigger an emotional reaction. But if a human was innocent in one of those situations i would probably feel stronger empathy.

Good example:
    http://www.the-playmaker.com/t5471-manchester-city-fan-stabbed-by-fellow-supporters?highlight=man+city+fan
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:33 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:You're a cunt then.

Yes, I am. smug
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 am

Cadbury wrote:This guy wants to be the next Nick Clegg. Fat chance of that happening. He's just playing the "These people are simpletons, my opinion is valid, no-one elses are, everyone should be like me,"

Thinking you are right and everybody else is wrong and has inferior knowledge is a very Political approach in my opinion.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 am

What if it was a dog who had eaten a baby?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 am

JMB_94 wrote:To the situations that Mal and Jord used, it depends really. You're all going about how dogs are innocent in every situation, so obviously it would trigger an emotional reaction. But if a human was innocent in one of those situations i would probably feel stronger empathy.

Good example:
    http://www.the-playmaker.com/t5471-manchester-city-fan-stabbed-by-fellow-supporters?highlight=man+city+fan

Yes, that is wrong and I feel for that man. If he is fully undeserving of the attack then I'd feel for him as much as I'd feel for a dog but if I see a man getting stabbed up because he raped someone then fuck him, let the cunt bleed out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:35 am

Fuck shooting 10 dogs to save one human life. Humans are pests and cost much more than they are worth.

Don't buy that crap that human lives are priceless. What is priceless is the environment, ecology and animals. We are nothing without them.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:35 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:What if it was a dog who had eaten a baby?

Then slash that fuckers jugular.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:36 am

But it doesn't know what it did wrong, it was just following it's instincts.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:36 am

I'm borderline vegetarian. The only reason I still eat meat is because I've been advised to. Turns out that if you try and turn vegetarian then it can really be bad for your health Neutral.

Besides, as it has already been said, the animals killed for meat are at least killed for a reason. This dog was just killed. What a waste of life.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:37 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:But it doesn't know what it did wrong, it was just following it's instincts.

Paedophilia is an illness. Doesn't mean the people committing child porn offences shouldn't be punished.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Post by Cadbury Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:39 am

Ricardo wrote:
    Cadbury wrote:This guy wants to be the next Nick Clegg. Fat chance of that happening. He's just playing the "These people are simpletons, my opinion is valid, no-one elses are, everyone should be like me,"

Thinking you are right and everybody else is wrong and has inferior knowledge is a very Political approach in my opinion.

Dictatorship wise yes it is. But we live udner a democratic government (supposedly).
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:41 am

Mal wrote:
    Mal wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's a bad thing to do but it's only a dog.

You're fucking disgusting. I really hope a Rottweiler takes one of your legs off.

Fucks sake man, it's an animal! We kill animals all the time, we keep animals in shit conditions, just because they're a bit cute or appear to be loyal doesn't make it any worse. If this had happened to an adult male we wouldn't even fucking hear about it.

The animals we eat are killed humanely. A pig doesn't go in to an abattoir to be shot forty times with a pellet gun. There's killing an animal for food and then there's killing an animal for a bit of fun.
    Yeah, that's why I said it's a bad thing to do.
    Zzonked wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:If animals inspire more empathy why do we eat them every day? I certainly wouldn't eat farmed humans, whether they understand or not.

I said often, not always.

Plus dogs are in a different category to livestock. We keep them as companions more often than we keep them for work.

Anyway, it was his feelings, who are you to say they are wrong and tell him to sort his head out?
    Can't be that fucking often, eh? Seems to be a lot more often we just don't give a shit and eat them.
    Jay wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:It's a bad thing to do but it's only a dog.
    Why do you always have to be controversial?
    Because I see things that you simpletons can't.
    So feeling sorry for a dog and having a go at the person who did it is being a simpleton?
    Barton

Post by Barton Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:41 am

Mal wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:To the situations that Mal and Jord used, it depends really. You're all going about how dogs are innocent in every situation, so obviously it would trigger an emotional reaction. But if a human was innocent in one of those situations i would probably feel stronger empathy.

Good example:

Yes, that is wrong and I feel for that man. If he is fully undeserving of the attack then I'd feel for him as much as I'd feel for a dog but if I see a man getting stabbed up because he raped someone then fuck him, let the cunt bleed out.

Thats kind of what i was getting at, if the victim did something terrible to deserve it (murder, rape, robbery etc) i would understand and maybe he/she deserves it. But its not fair since dogs are incapable of any wrong doing, they're simple creatures who have no concept of morals and whats right or wrong. They're like babies, but not human babies of course.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:22 pm