Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

eight shot including 1-year-old child in West Oakland

Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

eight shot including 1-year-old child in West Oakland Empty eight shot including 1-year-old child in West Oakland

Post by Childish Logic Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:44 pm

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19428949

Che mentioned it in the chat thread.

At least eight people, including three children, were shot Monday night at 7th and Willow streets, police said.
    A 1-year-old child was reported in critical condition at a hospital. Police said the other victims were in stable condition.
    Police said an Oakland rapper who goes by the name of Kafani was at the scene of the shooting, which happened just after 6 p.m. in the 700 block of Willow Street, possibly during the videotaping of a rap music video. A van belonging to the rapper was riddled with gunshots.
    It was not clear whether the other victims were in the van, or standing nearby.
    At least five people reportedly went to Highland Hospital and three, including the 1-year-old, went to Children's Hospital Oakland.
    No one had been arrested and a motive was not known late Monday.
    Police were looking for an older, dark-colored Buick with three teens and man in his 30s in it. The car reportedly fled west on 7th Street to the freeway.
    Police asked anyone with information about the shooting to contact the Major Crimes Unit at

Fuck.
    SBSP
    SBSP

eight shot including 1-year-old child in West Oakland Empty Re: eight shot including 1-year-old child in West Oakland

Post by SBSP Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:50 pm

Why? That's all I can ask. Why would someone do that?
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

eight shot including 1-year-old child in West Oakland Empty Re: eight shot including 1-year-old child in West Oakland

Post by Grenade Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:52 pm

I don't think they purposely shot the 1 year old ?
    Still fucking crazy how shit like this happens in the US on a regular basis.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:53 pm

polska. wrote:
    grenade187 wrote:

Shit like that happens everywhere not only in Latin America Neutral
    You don't know what you are talking about then.

I personally have never seen anything like this in Canada, USA, Poland or anywhere else I've been to in Europe except for my short trip to Ukraine. (Ukraine is equally bad)
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Terrible.

EDIT: Don't want to ruin thread.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Only in Latin America
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:24 am

SBSP wrote:
    polska. wrote:You don't know what you are talking about then.

I personally have never seen anything like this in Canada, USA, Poland or anywhere else I've been to in Europe except for my short trip to Ukraine. (Ukraine is equally bad)
    This shit happens once a year in USA.

In Venezuela, people are killed daily for the most idiotic things like Blackberries or Mopeds. facepalm
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:26 am

polska. wrote:
    SBSP wrote:
    This shit happens once a year in USA.

In Venezuela, people are killed daily for the most idiotic things like Blackberries or Mopeds.  eight shot including 1-year-old child in West Oakland 58503
    The US has one of the highest rates of gun crime in the world  eight shot including 1-year-old child in West Oakland 58503
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:00 am

Polska just shut up. I live in fucking Los Angeles and shit like this happens literally everyday, and if you think someone killing you for berries or a moped is idiotic how about someone killing you for wearing the wrong shoe color or living on the wrong street.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:31 am

What do you want me to do? Admit that violence happens everywhere? Laughing

LA is the fucking gang capital of the world. I wasn't referring to gang violence anyway, I was referring to the culture. In Venezuela, I got death threats from my own fucking family for fucks sake. It is inbred into the Latin culture and happens at a national scale and damn fucking often, not just gangs. I am sure gang killings don't even scratch the surface of homicides in the country.
    Kelloggg8

Formerly known as : QwertyKirby
    Supports : CF América, Toronto FC

Post by Kelloggg8 Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:03 am

Here's an idea, Shut up and do the polka, polka!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:05 am

Polka is a Czech dance, not Polish. Neutral
    Grenade
    Grenade

Post by Grenade Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:33 pm

polska. wrote:What do you want me to do? Admit that violence happens everywhere? Laughing

LA is the fucking gang capital of the world. I wasn't referring to gang violence anyway, I was referring to the culture. In Venezuela, I got death threats from my own fucking family for fucks sake. It is inbred into the Latin culture and happens at a national scale and damn fucking often, not just gangs. I am sure gang killings don't even scratch the surface of homicides in the country.
    Maybe you should stay out of stuff you know nothing about lol.

I just checked and in the US there's over 8000 murders a year caused by guns. OP was hardly a surprise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:32 pm