Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
El Jefe
KieranBHA
CollieBuddz
7 posters

Joey Barton hits out at Newcastle's transfer policy

Anonymous

Joey Barton hits out at Newcastle's transfer policy Empty Joey Barton hits out at Newcastle's transfer policy

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 6:44 am

Joey Barton has moved to clear up his future by stating that he would to stay at Newcastle but if he is not offered a new deal then his hands are tied.

The 28-year-old midfielder has one year left on his contract at St James’ Park and was reportedly set to leave the club in a cut-price move this summer after contract negotiations broke down on a new deal.

But speaking on social networking site Twitter, Barton has claimed that it is still his intention to stay with Newcastle but that chairman Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias want to replace him.

He said: “I will tell all when the time is right, basically they want a younger, better, cheaper player............cant blame Mike and Derek can you?
    “.......slight problem is, they dont want to spend any money or pay any wages. Its genius really ha ha

“I am an employee so have to be careful here. Everyone knows i'd love to stay, i get on with Pardew fine and are dressing room is 1st class..
    “if am not offered a new contract, my hands are tied. I will continue to do everything in my power to bring a trophy to St James next season”
    [sic]

____

thoughts Coffee

He does have a point. Mike Ashley is a cunt.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Joey Barton hits out at Newcastle's transfer policy Empty Re: Joey Barton hits out at Newcastle's transfer policy

Post by CollieBuddz Mon May 30, 2011 6:48 am

So they won't be spending the 35m? Laughing

I reckon Ashley will do one in the summer.
    KieranBHA
    KieranBHA

Joey Barton hits out at Newcastle's transfer policy Empty Re: Joey Barton hits out at Newcastle's transfer policy

Post by KieranBHA Mon May 30, 2011 6:52 am

Can't say fairer than what Barton's got to say. If all that what he's said is true, then there is some serious backroom issues at 'castle.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 6:57 am

I cant understand why they havent offered him a new contract.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Mon May 30, 2011 6:58 am

I don't actually mind Joey Barton, apart from some dodgy things in the past, and the whole "best midfielder in england" bullshit, he's not that bad.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 7:02 am

Jay wrote:I don't actually mind Joey Barton, apart from some dodgy things in the past, and the whole "best midfielder in england" bullshit, he's not that bad.

He would do well for England.

Not bullshitting either. Neutral
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Mon May 30, 2011 7:13 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    Jay wrote:I don't actually mind Joey Barton, apart from some dodgy things in the past, and the whole "best midfielder in england" bullshit, he's not that bad.

In my opinion, we should use players like him if we were to enter that Nations Cup thing.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon May 30, 2011 7:17 am

I wonder where he'll go.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon May 30, 2011 7:19 am

Mr Leiva wrote:

He has no tech u know? I suppose it fits the england criteria Coffee
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 am

Kuled wrote:I wonder where he'll go.
    He's been linked with Everton, but someone in the Liverpool thread said something about him wanting big wages, not sure if Everton will meet his demands.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Mon May 30, 2011 7:52 am

QPR, Everton and Bolton are interested in Joey. Ideally, he wants to finish his career at Newcastle, he loves it up there, but they won't offer him a new contract. If they don't, he's leaving. Simple as.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Mon May 30, 2011 7:53 am

Was it you that said he wanted £70k?
    Bit steep for those 3 clubs, surely.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Mon May 30, 2011 10:19 am

I read that article and he made a few good points, especially about Gareth Barry being a heap of shit for England.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon May 30, 2011 10:20 am

Fonseca wrote:
    Mr Leiva wrote:

He has no tech u know? I suppose it fits the england criteria Coffee

Oh rly Mischief
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 8:06 am

Says he's not going to Everton on twitter.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Tue May 31, 2011 8:28 am

Everton couldn't afford his wages. The blues are in street shit financially, believe me 'cos I've been told, Everton are 'struggling' to pay their top players wages. No coincidence Pienaar left? Remember Neville to Spurs? They weren't exactly putting up a fight to keep Yakubu, they were more than prepared to let him go Leicester and they did. Because their wage bill is crippling them. They're turning to youth and expect a couple of more 'established' names to leave in the summer too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:35 am