Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
ShakerMatty
bcfcben
Vexxed
birminghamcity79
Drake
coolhead33
Sean
Lux
samiz
Mouse
wellz
Impeccabubble
Mal
RubyArmyCTFC
Jack
Ricardo
moscowmadeit3
Jordi
Zzonked
Theo Filippo
Uncle John from Jamaica
25 posters

Away games you want to get to next season?

Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Away games you want to get to next season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Away games you want to get to next season?

Post by Jordi Tue May 17, 2011 7:48 am

Would go to Watford, but I wouldn't feel safe as I'm part Luton. shifty
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Away games you want to get to next season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Away games you want to get to next season?

Post by Lux Tue May 17, 2011 7:49 am

Jordi wrote:Would go to Watford, but I wouldn't feel safe as I'm part Luton. shifty

Trouble

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:Although, Watford will probably be quite cheap no? For me to go to the home game it was only 19 quid, plus its very easy to get to so it could be an ok shout. Is there plenty of places to drink and scoff before the match?

Our prices are cheap, no £30 rip offs.

There's a whole highstreet 10 minutes from the ground full of boozers and restaurants. If that's what you're after I'd get off at Watford Junction and just work your way down the highstreet as most bars are down that end(roughly 30-40 minute walk to the ground)

Last edited by Lux on Tue May 17, 2011 7:51 am; edited 2 times in total
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue May 17, 2011 7:50 am

Read my post on the bottom of the last page Lux-embourg!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 7:50 am

Yarn, a few seasons back when we played them in the playoffs, there was this smashing pub 5 mins away from the ground that also had a BBQ round the back of it!
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 17, 2011 7:50 am

Dont understand how people can say they dont like football anymore, my life would be shite without football Laughing
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue May 17, 2011 7:53 am

Only new ones for me would be any of the teams getting relegated from the Premier League, Huddersfield and the new Brighton ground.

Derby, Doncaster, Forest, Leicester and Coventry are other grounds I want to visit again although I don't know why.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 7:54 am

Sean wrote:Dont understand how people can say they dont like football anymore, my life would be shite without football Laughing

Ahhh. I don't enjoy football so much. Atmosphere at games is what I enjoy.
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Tue May 17, 2011 7:56 am

James ♠️ wrote:
    Sean wrote:Dont understand how people can say they dont like football anymore, my life would be shite without football Laughing

You can have both you know or do Hull not play good football? Wink
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue May 17, 2011 8:01 am

James ♠️ wrote:Yarn, a few seasons back when we played them in the playoffs, there was this smashing pub 5 mins away from the ground that also had a BBQ round the back of it!
    Sounds like just the thing we would love! My pal is obsessed with a good feed, got directed into a choice of 2 pubs for away fans in Sheffield, and we chose superbly cause it did epic burgers for like £4, was brilliant. Best away day, apart from the game itself. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 8:05 am

coolhead33 wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:

You can have both you know or do Hull not play good football? Wink

We play okay football. I can't watch a game if Hull isn't involved without getting bored or doing something at the same time. study
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 8:57 am

Dunfermline. Been a good few years since I've been.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Tue May 17, 2011 8:59 am

Bolton,United and one of the welsh teams if they get promoted.
    birminghamcity79
    birminghamcity79

Post by birminghamcity79 Tue May 17, 2011 11:10 am

if blues stay up then i dont really know really as ive been to all the current premietship grounds so i'll pick the ones ive had the best experience at. Obviosuly i'll go to villa, wolves, the baggies and stoke as there all local

if were in the championship then its the same story been to most i'll have to pick selectivley. definatley cov, forest, leicester, derby. probs go to leeds aswell. i'll end up going to around 13 away games next year which is my normal tally for the season
    Vexxed
    Vexxed

Supports : TFC

Post by Vexxed Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 pm

wellz wrote:don't really go to away games in the MLS because our country isn't the size of an armpit. but I would like to go to the New Red Bull arena at some point

This

Being near Toronto means the only other Canadian team in MLS is Vancouver which is farther away from here than any point in Europe to another. Montreal is in next season so I might go to one of theirs since I am there 2-3 times a summer. Still 6 hour drive from here.

Columbus is about as far and they are a rival so if I were driven to go to an away match, considering, it may be there
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Wed May 18, 2011 4:32 am

Coventry
    Notts Forest
    Derby
    Leeds
    Leicester
    And any Europa game....
    This combination just doesnt sound right Crying or Very sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 4:52 am

Preston
    Sheffield Wednesday
    A few cup games
    Sheffield United
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Wed May 18, 2011 6:46 am

Oldham
    Rochdale
    Preston
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Sheffield United
    Notts County
    Chesterfield
    Hartelpool
    Scunthorpe
    Huddersfield (If they stay down)
    Tranmere
    Carlisle
    Peterborough (If They Stay down)
    Yeovil!
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Wed May 18, 2011 7:51 am

Didn't get an away ticket for Celtic this year so I am hoping to get one for next season.

I will also probably do my usual away games; Hibs Hearts, Dundee United, Aberdeen and Motherwell.

Also enjoy the day out in Dunfermline, happy to see them up. They do some the best football food in Scotland imo, and that is including Killie's famous pies.

Will probably leave out St Mirren as the atmosphere is always dreadfull as the home fans just boo everything. Won't go to Inverness as the distance is a bit long considering it isn't a great away day.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 7:57 am

bcfcben wrote:Coventry
    Notts Forest
    Derby
    Leeds
    Leicester
    And any Europa game....

Nottingham Forest
    Nott'm Forest
    or Forest

Mad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 am

Blackburn
    Arsenal
    Newcastle
    Bolton
    Fulham

Fuck it, all of them. Any I can get my hands on, and I have cash in my hand to get them. Simples
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 am

Add Cardiff to my list now
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 am

Mordor and Tynecastle.
    Ben 10
    Ben 10

Supports : Preston North End F.C.

Post by Ben 10 Wed May 18, 2011 8:14 am

Tranmere
    Oldham
    Bury
    Rochdale
    Carlisle
    Huddersfield
    Sheff Utd
    Sheff Wed
    Scunthorpe
    Chesterfield
    Walsall
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:15 am

Might go to Cardiff as well. As long as don't collide with other fixtures and have enough money.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 12:32 pm

I will go to all of them probably. Laughing
    bcfcben

Supports : Birmingham City

Post by bcfcben Wed May 18, 2011 9:05 pm

Forest wrote:
    bcfcben wrote:Coventry
    Notts Forest
    Derby
    Leeds
    Leicester
    And any Europa game....

Nottingham Forest
    Nott'm Forest
    or Forest

Mad

Notts County?

Laughing
    GK01
    GK01

Supports : Brisbane Roar

Post by GK01 Wed May 18, 2011 9:10 pm

Sydney FC
    Gold Coast United
    Melbourne Heart/Victory
    Perth Glory
    Adelaide United

Wouldn't mind going CCM as well but I doubt I'd get down there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:28 pm