Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
ShakerMatty
bcfcben
Vexxed
birminghamcity79
Drake
coolhead33
Sean
Lux
samiz
Mouse
wellz
Impeccabubble
Mal
RubyArmyCTFC
Jack
Ricardo
moscowmadeit3
Jordi
Zzonked
Theo Filippo
Uncle John from Jamaica
25 posters

Away games you want to get to next season?

Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Away games you want to get to next season? Empty Away games you want to get to next season?

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue May 17, 2011 6:29 am

Which away games are you wanting to get to next year? Obviously there are many factors to consider such as scheduling (midweek games are a ballache with work etc), finances, and whether ticket applications are succesful, but hopefully I can get to the following games:

• West Ham United
    • Nottingham Forest
    • Barnsley (I work about 5 minutes walk away so I actually hope it is a midweek game!)
    • Burnley
    • Hull
    • Middlesbrough
    • Coventry
    • Brighton, for a weekend away!

And, depending on promotions and relegations, Huddersfield Wigan and Blackpool (another weekend job)

I don't think I'll manage to make them all, but they are the ones me and my mates will target. Wouldn't mind going down Watford way or to Palace again either, but I'd prefer the ones listed tbh.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Away games you want to get to next season? Empty Re: Away games you want to get to next season?

Post by Theo Filippo Tue May 17, 2011 6:30 am

Obvious ones Chelsea, Liverpool, United, City, 3 point lane away. Then a few such as Stoke, QPR and Birmingham
    Anonymous

Away games you want to get to next season? Empty Re: Away games you want to get to next season?

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 6:30 am

Gonna go to 0. Gonna start saving money now.

Was tempted to not renew my season ticket for 2nd season of PL. Was tempted to not renew when we got relegated. Was tempted not to renew for next season.

Football is shit really. I don't even like the game. Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 17, 2011 6:31 am

Want to go to a Champions League game so might have to go to a couple early on to get the loyalty points. I'll decide when the fixtures list comes out.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue May 17, 2011 6:31 am

Portsmouth
    Reading (providing they stay down)
    Nottingham Forest
    Brighton
    West Ham
    Bournemouth (if they come up)
    And any big cup game.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue May 17, 2011 6:33 am

Only trouble with Leeds is the fact we always have far too many applications, 27,000 people applied for a Sheffield United ticket! Surprised So I'm pretty much resigned to missing out on a few, my mates quite keen though so for the best ones he'll take a morning off work to try get them as soon as the ticket line opens.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Tue May 17, 2011 6:36 am

Depends what I can get my hands on. Hopefully get a lucky spare, got Fulham this season - Yey Neutral

Wouldn't mind Bolton or Blackburn, always good for away games those.

Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Tue May 17, 2011 6:36 am

I'll definitely go to all our away games in London, and I'd like to go to Eastlands, Old Trafford, St James' Park and Anfield but I probably won't attend any of those as my parents are getting strict with money and I'm saving for a car.

James, you being serious about not liking football that much now? I don't either tbh.
    Jack
    Jack

Post by Jack Tue May 17, 2011 6:40 am

Liverpool, Man Utd/City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Stoke, Aston Villa.

THEY'RE THE ONES I WANT.. What I get is still to be seen.
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Tue May 17, 2011 6:41 am

Swindon
    Bristol Rovers
    Plymouth
    Hereford
    Oxford
    Crawley
    AFC Wimbledon or Luton
    Crewe
    Burton Albion
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue May 17, 2011 6:41 am

Most depending on funds seeing as I'm becoming a student in September eek3
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 6:42 am

Chelsea:
    Fulham
    QPR
    Arsenal
    Tottenham

Brighton:
    Portsmouth
    Southampton
    Crystal Palace
    West Ham
    Millwall
    Watford
    Bristol City
    Forest

All depends on if they clash with each other and how much.

Last edited by TheMooseHunter on Tue May 17, 2011 6:44 am; edited 2 times in total
    Anonymous

New grounds i'm looking to get to, Plymouth and AFC Wimbledon would be nice to add to the list.
    Impeccabubble
    Impeccabubble

Post by Impeccabubble Tue May 17, 2011 6:42 am

Barcelona Neutral

Seriously though I'll probably be at Blackburn like I do most seasons (assuming they stay up of course) and maybe one or two others.
    Anonymous

Me and my mates were on about getting away memberships next year. One of us should have passed his test by the time the season starts too so if we all chipped in for petrol we'll get a few roadtrips going!

Main ones would be..

Derby
    Leicester
    Leeds
    West Ham
    Brighton
    Southampton
    Crystal Palace

Hopefully, if they stay down, Blackpool away last game of the season. We'll all be 18 by then, except me, so could make a weekend out of it
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue May 17, 2011 6:43 am

I'll go to Aldershot with AFC Wimbledon if they're promoted too. One of my friends plays for Aldershot and the other is a big Wimbledon fan. eek3
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 6:44 am

I'm hoping Plymouth away is on the hot months. Away games you want to get to next season? 631712
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 6:44 am

Any of them
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue May 17, 2011 6:45 am

Radford11 wrote:I'm hoping Plymouth away is on the hot months. Away games you want to get to next season? 631712

I'm going to uni in Plymouth or Warwick. Run
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 6:45 am

Mal wrote:I'll go to Aldershot with AFC Wimbledon if they're promoted too. One of my friends plays for Aldershot and the other is a big Wimbledon fan. Away games you want to get to next season? 33592

Aldershot's terrace. Away games you want to get to next season? 573298 The banter is absolutely immense! Seperated by just a fence Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 6:46 am

Mal wrote:
    Radford11 wrote:I'm hoping Plymouth away is on the hot months. Away games you want to get to next season? 631712

I'm going to uni in Plymouth or Warwick. Away games you want to get to next season? 78475

Got a couple of mates down Plymouth Uni doing Geology, would hope to crash at his Laughing
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Tue May 17, 2011 6:46 am

Forest wrote:Me and my mates were on about getting away memberships next year. One of us should have passed his test by the time the season starts too so if we all chipped in for petrol we'll get a few roadtrips going!

Main ones would be..

Derby
    Leicester
    Leeds
    West Ham
    Brighton
    Southampton
    Crystal Palace

Hopefully, if they stay down, Blackpool away last game of the season. We'll all be 18 by then, except me, so could make a weekend out of it
    St. Mary's'd be a laugh if it was in the summer. shifty
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue May 17, 2011 6:57 am

Radford11 wrote:
    Mal wrote:

I'm going to uni in Plymouth or Warwick. Away games you want to get to next season? 78475

Got a couple of mates down Plymouth Uni doing Geology, would hope to crash at his Laughing

I'll be following you...

On twitter.. Unbullievable. shifty
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Tue May 17, 2011 7:00 am

don't really go to away games in the MLS because our country isn't the size of an armpit. but I would like to go to the New Red Bull arena at some point
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 7:00 am

Mal wrote:
    Radford11 wrote:
    Mal wrote:

I'll be following you...

On twitter.. Unbullievable. Away games you want to get to next season? 279869

Laughing
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Tue May 17, 2011 7:01 am

Cardiff or Swansea if they go up.
    QPR
    Arsenal again maybe, whichever i can get too.

Hopefully go to a few county ones too.
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Tue May 17, 2011 7:08 am

Man City, great atmosphere last time I went there
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Tue May 17, 2011 7:25 am

Radford11 wrote:
    Mal wrote:I'll go to Aldershot with AFC Wimbledon if they're promoted too. One of my friends plays for Aldershot and the other is a big Wimbledon fan. Away games you want to get to next season? 33592

Aldershot's terrace. Away games you want to get to next season? 573298 The banter is absolutely immense! Seperated by just a fence Laughing

I loved that terrace when I went there this season. Low roof with both sets of fans means a great atmosphere. The only problem I had with the terrace is that the view was absolutely terrible where ever I stood I still couldn't see both goals due to the 10 pillars at the front and 5 half way the stand. Still enjoyed it though. Better then visiting the likes of Shrewsbury...
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Tue May 17, 2011 7:46 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:Wouldn't mind going down Watford
    TheMooseHunter wrote:Watford

cheers

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:
    but I'd prefer the ones listed tbh.

Mad
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Tue May 17, 2011 7:47 am

Although, Watford will probably be quite cheap no? For me to go to the home game it was only 19 quid, plus its very easy to get to so it could be an ok shout. Is there plenty of places to drink and scoff before the match?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:27 am