Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

The Opening Weekend of The Season- What Games Will Be On TV?

Dean
    Dean

The Opening Weekend of The Season- What Games Will Be On TV? Empty The Opening Weekend of The Season- What Games Will Be On TV?

Post by Dean Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:49 am

Figured I'd make a thread on it, but basically what 5 games do you reckon will be show from the Premier League on the opening weekend of the season? Anyway, I'll get the ball rolling-

Saturday- 12:45- Manchester City v Swansea (Sky Sports HD 2)
    Saturday- 17:30- Liverpool v Sunderland (ESPN)
    Sunday- 13:30- Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Sky Sports HD1)
    Sunday- 16:05- West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United (Sky Sports HD 1)
    Monday- 20:00- Newcastle United v Arsenal (Sky Sports HD 1)

That's my prediction
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

The Opening Weekend of The Season- What Games Will Be On TV? Empty Re: The Opening Weekend of The Season- What Games Will Be On TV?

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:51 am

Probably that.
    Anonymous

The Opening Weekend of The Season- What Games Will Be On TV? Empty Re: The Opening Weekend of The Season- What Games Will Be On TV?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:52 am

Can not fucking wait. Crazy
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:52 am

I'd agree with what you said but I think Stoke vs Chelsea will be in there in place of either Liverpool or Arsenal.

Can we do Championship too?

I think West Ham vs Cardiff on Sky Sports on Friday night and Southampton vs Leeds on BBC on Saturday tea time.

luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:54 am

Stoke vs Chelsea should deffo be on it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:57 am

Add Chelsea and probably that then.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:57 am

Yeah, you can do any of the fixtures from the English football Leagues. And Ben, something I thought I'd share with you, Liverpool is one of the highest incomes for Sky in the country mate (I know someone who works at Sky). The Liverpool game on the opening weekend of the season will definitely be televised.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:59 am

Dean wrote:Yeah, you can do any of the fixtures from the English football Leagues. And Ben, something I thought I'd share with you, Liverpool is one of the highest incomes for Sky in the country mate (I know someone who works at Sky). The Liverpool game on the opening weekend of the season will definitely be televised.

As well as a few other clubs are..
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:59 am

Ahh fair enough. Is it confirmed as 5 though? Because I can see them wanting to put at least 6 of the games on.

We'll be the most televised club in the Football League as always smug
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:03 am

Ridiculous putting that many games on tv. No wonder attendances are fucked.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:03 am

luke. wrote:
    Dean wrote:Yeah, you can do any of the fixtures from the English football Leagues. And Ben, something I thought I'd share with you, Liverpool is one of the highest incomes for Sky in the country mate (I know someone who works at Sky). The Liverpool game on the opening weekend of the season will definitely be televised.

As well as a few other clubs are..

Yes, I know that.

Ben wrote:Ahh fair enough. Is it confirmed as 5 though? Because I can see them wanting to put at least 6 of the games on.

We'll be the most televised club in the Football League as always smug

Well I'm guess it'll be 5. I don't think they'll put 6 on, 5 I'd say is the maximum. Where would they fit a sixth game in? think
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:04 am

The Miz wrote:Ridiculous putting that many games on tv. No wonder attendances are fucked.

Most, if not all those games will be sold out scratch
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:04 am

Could put one on SS1 when Man City vs Swansea is on shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 am

arsenalap11 wrote:
    The Miz wrote:Ridiculous putting that many games on tv. No wonder attendances are fucked.

There is more than just the Premier League believe it or not.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 am

Championship:
    Friday 5th August, 19:45 - West Ham v Cardiff City (Sky Sports)
    Saturday 6th August, 17:15 - Southampton v Leeds (BBC)

Premier League:
    Saturday 13th August, 12:45 - Newcastle v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
    Saturday 13th August, 17:15 - Stoke v Chelsea (ESPN)
    Sunday 14th August, 13:00 - Man City v Swansea (Sky Sports)
    Sunday 14th August, 16:00 - West Brom v Man United (Sky Sports)
    Monday 15th August, 20:00 - Liverpool v Sunerland (Sky Sports)

It will probably be something like that. So predictable.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:05 am

I agree to be honest James. 5/10 Premier League games being televised is a joke. I'm not really assed anyway as I'll be going the game, but fucking hell, it's a bit much.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:07 am

Ben wrote:Could put one on SS1 when Man City vs Swansea is on shifty

Laughing

Nah don't think they'd do that, they won't have games televised simultaneously on the opening weekend. They only do that on the last day of the season if I'm not mistaken.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:08 am

The Miz wrote:
    arsenalap11 wrote:

There is more than just the Premier League believe it or not.

Ah I thought you meant those 5 games will have bad attendances. I see what you mean now, fair enough but it's the opening day, there's always going to be a lot of games on tv.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:03 am

I think all three promoted teams should be on first. Allows the fans that didn't get a season ticket because of all the bandwagon hoppers a chance to see the game.

Got mates that support Swansea, had a season ticket the past four years, couldn't get one this year because there was such an increase.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:14 am

Dan wrote:I think all three promoted teams should be on first. Allows the fans that didn't get a season ticket because of all the bandwagon hoppers a chance to see the game.

Got mates that support Swansea, had a season ticket the past four years, couldn't get one this year because there was such an increase.

He should've renewed earlier then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:15 am

Ben wrote:
    Dan wrote:I think all three promoted teams should be on first. Allows the fans that didn't get a season ticket because of all the bandwagon hoppers a chance to see the game.

Not that simple when you're a student mate. You'll see if you become one.
    Ben
    Ben

Post by Ben Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:19 am

Dan wrote:
    Ben wrote:

Yeah but how much was it? It's always cheaper if you renew early rather than buy when the new ones come out as well.

I suppose when your student loan is given to you effects it though. £612 for a Leeds season ticket, don't think I will be getting one of them any time soon off my own back. Neutral

Last edited by Ben on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:21 am

Ben wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Ben wrote:

Yeah but how much was it? It's always cheaper if you renew early rather than buy when the new ones come out as well.

I suppose when your student loan effects it though. £612 for a Leeds season ticket, don't think I will be getting one of them any time soon off my own back. Neutral

No idea, he didn't say.

He had an exam, called up before, they said it was fine and he could complete the process afterwards. When he came back, they were sold out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:35 am