Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
LeBron
JK
The-Exploited
Danny
Kaka11|LFC
Mal
Walcott
Cornholio
Barton
menalawyerguy
14 posters

FIFA 11 released in the Persian Gulf

crump
    crump

FIFA 11 released in the Persian Gulf - Page 3 Empty Re: FIFA 11 released in the Persian Gulf

Post by crump Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:34 am

One player? BULL SHIT. What about controlling the whole team.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

FIFA 11 released in the Persian Gulf - Page 3 Empty Re: FIFA 11 released in the Persian Gulf

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:36 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:Thanks mate, sounds good as I'm not in to that BAP/VP stuff really any way.

Do transfers look realistic? Like you dont see United players leaving for Chelsea, Liverpool and City?

You dont have to answer, but would be nice, is the atmosphere better for big games, like derbies etc...

Haven't paid close attention to that. I'm just trying to sim through seasons to see how long they let you be player-manager at this point. One thing I noticed that pisses me off is that there seems to be no Team of the Year or end-of-season awards. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. There is a Team of the Week each week, so you'd think there would be a team of the year.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:38 am

atastycrumpet wrote:One player? BULL SHIT. What about controlling the whole team.

What about it?

It's still in there. Don't worry. eek

Kidding. Yea, looks good if that's your preferred mode. The interface is much better than last year's, in my opinion. Being able to see what goes in other leagues is pretty cool too. And the sims seem closer to what we see in real life. No more Hull City fluking its way to the Premiership or nonsense like that.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:42 am

Phew, thanks. I'll only be using one player to get up my pro for clubs. Yeha, I agree on the interface looking better of what I've seen. Can't wait for it! 2 Days from tomorrow.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:01 am

TevezIsOverrated wrote:Ryannnnn

be a darling and help old TIO jailbreak his ps3

pretty pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase with a cookie on top

You on firmware 3.41 or below? If not I can't help you.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:20 am

Played on exhibition game on World Class and was pretty satisfied with the game play. Took Team USA vs. Real Madrid at The Bernabéu, which looks pretty fucking sweet imo. Got a 1-0 win, only goal was a Donovan penalty kick in the 8th minute off of what I think was a handball in the area. Didn't look like a foul, but I couldn't tell. Announcers didn't clarify either. Anyway, after that it was a stale mate. I didn't get many chances nor did Real Madrid. But the player movement and the AI was pretty realistic, imo.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:25 am

I played on legendary on FIFA 10, can you tell me if there's much of a diffrence in terms of difficulty? Neutral
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:32 am

One game is not enough to tell, but it didn't seem as difficult as it did in the World Cup game on World Class. I also played FIFA 10 on legendary and it wasn't nearly as difficult as that. Like I said, Real Madrid (who has a few players I'm sure you've noticed) never really seriously threatened to score and there were no long spells in which they kept the ball. I didn't threaten a lot either though. I had three free kicks from dangerous areas and I nearly put one in with Donovan. Other than that, no serious scoring threats. I couldn't keep the ball long but I didn't have trouble getting it back either. Overall, not very difficult. I'll try another game on legendary in a little bit.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:58 am

Well, I've made it into the fifth season and I'm happy to say that my status as player-manager is still in-tact.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:20 am

Can you post some VP things please?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:25 am

Nightmare wrote:Can you post some VP things please?
    I haven't broken out the VP yet. Whatcha wanna know in particular?
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 am

Ryan wrote:

yeah 3.41
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:29 am

TevezIsOverrated wrote:
    Ryan wrote:

yeah 3.41

Going bed now. Bad time for eplaining. Do you have an iphone 3g? That's the way I know how to do.

http://psfreedom.com/wiki/Device_compatibility_list
    Check if you have one of them to do it with. If not you'll have to buy a special usb stick.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:50 am

menalawyerguy wrote:I live in Kuwait (translation: God give me cancer).
    Ooh your AceAvenger?
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:34 pm

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:I live in Kuwait (translation: God give me cancer).
    Ooh your AceAvenger?

Nope (this was covered on page one Wink . And again, I thought AceAvenger is Qatari).

Played a few more games and one thing I noticed is that handball is given way to often. I've now played four games and had a combined 4 penalty kicks from handballs awarded. One of the kicks was awarded against me and the AI player didnt make the kick. I let an AI controlled player on my own team take two of the other kicks and the AI player didn't make either of those. Thus, the AI is 0 for 3 on penalty kicks so far. Suspect

Anyway, I suggest turning the handball penalty off, or at least turn it off in regard to handballs in the box (you can do that). They change the game too much.

I simmed through 8 seasons of player-manager without losing player-manager status. So it looks like you can do the full 15 as player-manager. That's good news. I've played 3 games in my first official player-manager campaign with the Magpies and I've managed to grab 1 point and have scored zero team goals, in spite of some lovely set-ups by my player. I've duffed a couple sitters of my own though too. I haven't figured out how to score yet. Got drubbed by Spurs at home 3-0, drew at the Emirates 0-0 somehow, and spanked by Man Utd at Trafford. So it's been a rough start. But the gameplay is still good imo. My guy gets tired out to quickly, even though I gave him staimina of 99. I'm sure it's just a matter of getting the hang of it.
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:01 pm

Sounds quality!

Cant wait to play the actual game now!

Thanks for the info Smile
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Perhaps the biggest functional annoyance about the game is that auto-save appears to be non-optional. This issue is being shouted about at the FIFA forum as well. There apparently is not way to turn auto-save off. That sucks. Hopefully, they will fix that with a patch.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:54 pm

If the auto-save problem is the biggest flaw then im in. Looks like im getting it on friday then! Smile
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:01 am

Yea, it's not a big problem. There's an easy workaround even if they don't patch it: just always save two versions of your season. The auto-save will only overwrite one of them.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:00 am

I've played about 15 games now. The AI still hasn't made a penalty. Ironically, the AI has not missed a free kick from within 25 meters (or thereabouts) from fairly central positions (4 for 4).
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Your first order of business should be get the fuck out of the shithole that is the middle east
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:22 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:Your first order of business should be get the fuck out of the shithole that is the middle east

-_- both at the comment and the bump.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:24 pm

ahlycotc wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:Your first order of business should be get the fuck out of the shithole that is the middle east

FIFA 11 released in the Persian Gulf - Page 3 881856 both at the comment and the bump.

What? Sorry for the bump I just discovered the Fifa 11 scetion eek

And nothing against you Barak you seem alright
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 am

You're first order of business should be to stop being such a harry penis licking cuntbag. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:40 am

rofl
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:44 am

menalawyerguy wrote:

You're first order of business should be to stop being such a harry penis licking cuntbag. Smile

First of all, it would be "hairy". Second of all, I am none of those things. Lawyer you are funny, don't turn me against you
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:54 am

Mustangt125 wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:

First of all, it would be "hairy".

Maybe I was referring to your propensity to blow guys named Harry. FIFA 11 released in the Persian Gulf - Page 3 214775 FIFA 11 released in the Persian Gulf - Page 3 12784

Second of all, I am none of those things. Lawyer you are funny, don't turn me against you

That a threat? FIFA 11 released in the Persian Gulf - Page 3 668388

Bring it. FIFA 11 released in the Persian Gulf - Page 3 13454
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Poor form Lawyer
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Coming from somebody who just flamed an entire region and culture, I'll take that as a compliment.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:05 am

Yeah ill flame them as much as I fuckin want

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 7:32 am