Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
dena
ResurrectionRooney
menalawyerguy
Kuled
moscowmadeit3
Laurencio
CollieBuddz
Dean
Zzonked
13 posters

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again)

Coatsy

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again)

Post by Coatsy Sat May 14, 2011 2:39 am

Ancelotti threatened FA with the mafia.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) - Page 3 Empty Re: FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again)

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 14, 2011 2:41 am

Fonseca wrote:Because he said Webb was a good referee and didn't use wording that could be interpreted as something else.

What did Ancelotti say, I'm assuming on two sentences he wrote

“I don’t want to put pressure on the referee. I think Howard Webb is a fantastic referee because he has experience.

“If the referee he has no experience we can perhaps be a bit worried about this but with Howard Webb there is no problem.

“I have trust in the referees in England. Maybe they make a mistake but that is the same as anywhere in the world – this is normal.

"Either you accept the decision of the referee or you have to say that there is a conspiracy.”

If the rules say that talking about the referee is improper conduct, then the FA cannot be punishing only because the rules have been broken, if they were then Ancelotti would have been punished also - there must be some other reason outside of the rulebook that they allow Ancelotti to speak about referees, but no Ferguson. This doesn't surprise me, it's not the first time the FA have done that this season.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat May 14, 2011 2:47 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Fonseca wrote:Because he said Webb was a good referee and didn't use wording that could be interpreted as something else.

What did Ancelotti say, I'm assuming on two sentences he wrote

“I don’t want to put pressure on the referee. I think Howard Webb is a fantastic referee because he has experience.

“If the referee he has no experience we can perhaps be a bit worried about this but with Howard Webb there is no problem.

“I have trust in the referees in England. Maybe they make a mistake but that is the same as anywhere in the world – this is normal.

"Either you accept the decision of the referee or you have to say that there is a conspiracy.”

If the rules say that talking about the referee is improper conduct, then the FA cannot be punishing only because the rules have been broken, if they were then Ancelotti would have been punished also - there must be some other reason outside of the rulebook that they allow Ancelotti to speak about referees, but no Ferguson. This doesn't surprise me, it's not the first time the FA have done that this season.

Fergie: "We must trust the referee will make the right decision"

That could be interpreted as many things

Whereas the closest to that in what Ancelotti said

"I have trust in the referees in England"

In which he redeemed himself with

"Maybe they make a mistake but that is the same as anywhere in the world – this is normal."

Unfair? Yes but that could have been because Ancelotti was genuinely unaware of the new rule, In Italy they talk much more freely than here.. Fergie probably was also unaware but it's easier to blame Fergie because of how controversial he's been before
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 14, 2011 2:50 am

Fuck that, rules are rules, you either apply them or you don't, you don't just apply them to people you don't like, that's called victimisation.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat May 14, 2011 2:51 am

"But [getting a bad decision] is definitely our big fear"

That's milking it, he knows his opposition will make a meal and speculate over it

Those tiny digs are different to what Ancelotti said
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 3:06 am

Fergie is an idiot and deserves everything he gets from the FA. At least they've got the balls to stand up to him now.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 14, 2011 3:14 am

Fonseca wrote:"But [getting a bad decision] is definitely our big fear"

That's milking it, he knows his opposition will make a meal and speculate over it

Those tiny digs are different to what Ancelotti said

There's nothing in the rules about 'tiny digs'.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat May 14, 2011 5:49 am

Dan wrote:Fergie is an idiot and deserves everything he gets from the FA. At least they've got the balls to stand up to him now.
    But we own the FA?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:19 am