Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
dena
ResurrectionRooney
menalawyerguy
Kuled
moscowmadeit3
Laurencio
CollieBuddz
Dean
Zzonked
13 posters

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again)

Zzonked
    Zzonked

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) Empty FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again)

Post by Zzonked Fri May 13, 2011 9:18 pm

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) _52697697_ferguson2_464x261getty

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association for comments about referee Howard Webb.

The comments in question were made in the build-up to the 2-1 Premier League win over Chelsea on 8 May.

Even though Ferguson spoke positively about Webb, he broke FA rules which state no manager should speak about a referee prior to a match.

The Old Trafford club's manager has until 1600 BST on 16 May to respond.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13387966.stm
    Anonymous

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) Empty Re: FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again)

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:21 pm

Oh for fuck sake Fergie. Neutral

What is he being charged for saying?
    Dean
    Dean

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) Empty Re: FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again)

Post by Dean Fri May 13, 2011 9:21 pm

You know, I had to read it three times before making sure it was serious. And it is... rofl

Oh dear. Waits for 'Kyro'...

EDIT: He has entered. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Oh my god, so he's being charged for saying Webb is a good ref? Neutral
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri May 13, 2011 9:23 pm

kyro7 wrote:Oh for fuck sake Fergie. Neutral

It was something positive apparently, because you're not allowed to say anything.

Seems a bit harsh to charge him from saying Webb is a good ref, but I suppose by saying he's a good one it also implies there are bad refs too and the FA don't like that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Zzonked wrote:

It was something positive apparently, because you're not allowed to say anything.

Seems a bit harsh to charge him from saying Webb is a good ref, but I suppose by saying he's a good one it also implies there are bad refs too and the FA don't like that.
    I read he said he's the best in the country..

Fuck me getting charged for that..

So what this time? 9 point dock? removed from the CL final? Rooney banned for life? Fergie 38 matches in the stands?

Fuck sake.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri May 13, 2011 9:24 pm

"We are getting the best referee, there is no doubt about that," he said at the time.

"But (getting a bad decision) is definitely our big fear.

"We have the players to do it all right. We just hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck."

Doesn't really seem like it needs to be punished. Very harsh decision imo.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Fucking hell. rofl

Fergie's association.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Fri May 13, 2011 9:28 pm

"We are getting the best referee, there is no doubt about that," he said at the time.

"But (getting a bad decision) is definitely our big fear.

"We have the players to do it all right. We just hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck."

Oh fucking hell. How ridiculous is this?

He's blatantly buttering Webb up there to act favourably to Man U.

I bet he somehow gets away with a slap on the wrist because they are nice words.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri May 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Well the rules do state that you must not talk about the ref in any way before a game. And I think you're missing the point here lads, it's not so much what said, it's what he said (If that makes sense..erm). Like it can be seen as 'tapping' a referee up, sweet talking, so to say (I know he weren't obviously, but the rules are in place).

It's harsh, but it's a blunder by Ferguson.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri May 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Laughing So Basically you can't say anything about referees? The guy just recieved an MBE, and refereed the last world cup final, surely Ferguson must be allowed to say he's a good referee? Another silly decisions by the FA.

Oh and before people go "He's blatantly trying to affect Webb", he's a professional referee. He's supposed to be able to deal with media attention and remain unbiased no matter what Neutral
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri May 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Laurencio wrote:Laughing So Basically you can't say anything about referees? The guy just recieved an MBE, and refereed the last world cup final, surely Ferguson must be allowed to say he's a good referee? Another silly decisions by the FA.

Oh and before people go "He's blatantly trying to affect Webb", he's a professional referee. He's supposed to be able to deal with media attention and remain unbiased no matter what Neutral

Well as far as I'm aware, you can't directly talk about a referee right before a game. And we know he's not trying to affect Webb. But there rules are in place and Ferguson broke that rule. It's as much idiocy on his part, as it is a stupid rule to be fair.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri May 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Dean wrote:Well the rules do state that you must not talk about the ref in any way before a game. And I think you're missing the point here lads, it's not so much what said, it's what he said (If that makes sense..erm). Like it can be seen as 'tapping' a referee up, sweet talking, so to say (I know he weren't obviously, but the rules are in place).

It's harsh, but it's a blunder by Ferguson.

Didn't miss the point, just said it's harsh to charge him for that. Even though he did break the rules, it was only a passing comment, which he was probably led into saying by a question.

I'd rather he didn't talk about refs at all though, I just hope he'll learn from this zero tolerance policy (which I doubt).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Zzonked wrote:I'd rather he didn't talk about refs at all though, I just hope he'll learn from this zero tolerance policy (which I doubt).
    Same, wish he'd just fucking say "I don't want to make comments about referee's" and leave it at that.

Fuck sake.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:38 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

So what this time? 9 point dock? removed from the CL final? Rooney banned for life? Fergie 38 matches in the stands?

Fuck sake.

All United's 12 title's under Fergie will be taken away frrom Manchester United. OMG
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Liverpool fc 4 ever wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

Fuck sake.

All United's 12 title's under Fergie will be taken away frrom Manchester United. OMG
    Yeah erm that's the point. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:39 pm

thsi is retarded cause he probably got asked by the media "what are your thoughts on howard webb refeering your match with chelsea?"

Rolling Eyes fuck the FA

if FA dont want managers talking about refs then stop the media from asking questions about the ref. simple fucking as
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Good to see the FA have got their priorities right though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:44 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:thsi is retarded cause he probably got asked by the media "what are your thoughts on howard webb refeering your match with chelsea?"

Rolling Eyes fuck the FA

if FA dont want managers talking about refs then stop the media from asking questions about the ref. simple fucking as
    One of the MUTV people who I follow on twitter said he was asked about the ref.

http://twitter.com/nickcoppack/status/68984941156900864
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri May 13, 2011 9:44 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:thsi is retarded cause he probably got asked by the media "what are your thoughts on howard webb refeering your match with chelsea?"

Rolling Eyes fuck the FA

Problem with that, the media are a different entity from the FA. So the FA can't tell the media jack shit, the media can ask what they like. And to be honest I can Ferguson getting away with it any way. He'll most likely say 'I didn't know' Though I'm sure as professional manager going on nearly 30 years, you'd think he knows this. Saying that though, could have forgot, suppose that's just old age for you though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:45 pm

rofl

Makes it even worse that does.

So, what do you think of Howard Webb?

Top ref he is, he's the best.

Charged.

rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:47 pm

Dean wrote:

Rolling Eyes fuck the FA

Problem with that, the media are a different entity from the FA. So the FA can't tell the media jack shit, the media can ask what they like. And to be honest I can Ferguson getting away with it any way. He'll most likely say 'I didn't know' Though I'm sure as professional manager going on nearly 30 years, you'd think he knows this. Saying that though, could have forgot, suppose that's just old age for you though.
    The rule has only come in recently though Dean..

They came in after David Moyes said some ref was in our favour before the FA Cup Semi Final.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:49 pm

kyro7 wrote:FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) 70955

Charged.

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) 70955

Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Fri May 13, 2011 9:49 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    Dean wrote:

Rolling Eyes fuck the FA

The rule has only come in recently though Dean..

They came in after David Moyes said some ref was in our favour before the FA Cup Semi Final.

Fucking hell the alzheimer's must be bad then.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Dean wrote:Fucking hell the alzheimer's must be bad then.
    What I mean is, this rule hasn't been used much.. he probably didn't think anyone would bat an eyelid if he complimented a ref..

"A member of the press asked me if Mike Riley was a Manchester United supporter and I think that's something you would need to bring up with the FA," Moyes said. "If you're saying that he is, you'd hope the FA would look at it. It is something that one or two managers would have something to say about."

That's what Moyes said.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Fri May 13, 2011 9:54 pm

kyro7 wrote:FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) 70955

Charged.

Fucking disgraceful. He might aswell just say "I love you Webby, give us a penalty or something".
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 9:55 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:Fucking disgraceful. He might aswell just say "I love you Webby, give us a penalty or something".
    Laughing

Ryan I'll never take your bait (again), I know what you're like you naughty boy.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Fri May 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Dean wrote:
    Laurencio wrote:Laughing So Basically you can't say anything about referees? The guy just recieved an MBE, and refereed the last world cup final, surely Ferguson must be allowed to say he's a good referee? Another silly decisions by the FA.

Well as far as I'm aware, you can't directly talk about a referee right before a game. And we know he's not trying to affect Webb. But there rules are in place and Ferguson broke that rule. It's as much idiocy on his part, as it is a stupid rule to be fair.

Yeah but managers talk about refs all the time. It's not normal practice to fine someone for praising a referee. It's a silly rule that has never been enforced until now. FA is getting worse by the day...
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Fri May 13, 2011 9:59 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    CollieBuddz wrote:Fucking disgraceful. He might aswell just say "I love you Webby, give us a penalty or something".
    Laughing

Ryan I'll never take your bait (again), I know what you're like you naughty boy.

Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 10:03 pm

Ancelotti before
    game "If the referee has no experience, maybe I can be a little bit
    worried about this, but with Webb there is no problem."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:30 am