Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
dena
ResurrectionRooney
menalawyerguy
Kuled
moscowmadeit3
Laurencio
CollieBuddz
Dean
Zzonked
13 posters

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again)

Anonymous

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again)

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 10:04 pm

They're making an example of Fergie, he is Sir Alex so they're charging him just to show everyone they aren't taking comments before games, so now every other manager will think twice.

Twats.
    Anonymous

FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Charges Ferguson for Ref Comments (Again)

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Anderson=Class wrote:Ancelotti before
    game "If the referee has no experience, maybe I can be a little bit
    worried about this, but with Webb there is no problem."
    Really? Laughing
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Fri May 13, 2011 10:07 pm

He's not complimenting him though. He's just stating the facts. Webb is experienced, there's not doubt about that.

But saying he's the best? That's a matter of opinion and blatantly buttering him up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 10:10 pm

CollieBuddz wrote:

He's not complimenting him though. He's just stating the facts. Webb is experienced, there's not doubt about that.

But saying he's the best? That's a matter of opinion and blatantly buttering him up.
    Even though Ferguson spoke positively about Webb, he broke FA rules
    which state no manager should speak about a referee prior to a match.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Annolotti also said : "I don't want to put pressure on the referee. Howard Webb is a fantastic referee"
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Fri May 13, 2011 10:12 pm

I trust the FA to get the right culprit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Ryan. Laughing
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri May 13, 2011 11:44 pm

rofl

Fuck the FA.

Kuled

Post by Kuled Fri May 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Fucks sake Laughing
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Fri May 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Anderson=Class wrote:
    CollieBuddz wrote:

Even though Ferguson spoke positively about Webb, he broke FA rules
    which state no manager should speak about a referee prior to a match.

neuclap FA need to show some consistency on their rules then. Either charge them both or don't charge either. They both said similar things yet one gets a charge for improper conduct. Odd. Neutral
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri May 13, 2011 11:57 pm

Rulez iz rulez. Follow the rules, don't get fucked. Very simple equation
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri May 13, 2011 11:57 pm

Breaking News
    FA give Nani 5-game ban for outrageous rant

@luisnani: All set for next game. We are very motivated and looking forward to it
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 11:59 pm

Erm what? Neutral
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Sat May 14, 2011 12:01 am

Erm...parody, I believe Neutral
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat May 14, 2011 12:03 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Breaking News
    FA give Nani 5-game ban for outrageous rant

@luisnani: All set for next game. We are very motivated and looking forward to it

Would have made more sense if you typed it the other way around.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 12:03 am

Ohhhh, I see.. Laughing

I didn't get it properly because as Zzonked said it was the other way round. Dry Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 am

Why does everyone seem to think it's about him complimenting the Ref?

I thought it was more so about the second thing he said ...

"We are getting the best referee, there is no doubt about that," he said at the time.

"But [getting a bad decision] is definitely our big fear.

"We have the players to do it all right. We just hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck."

He is psychologically trying to get the Ref to act on his comment, by giving him a good decision.

Ryan seems to be the only one who has caught on.

Basically, by saying "I think Webb is a good referee" and then saying "But I fear a mistake from the referee" would make Webb think, "oh right, he thinks I'm a good referee, I'm going to make sure he still believes that after the game. I won't make a mistake that favours the opposition"

Add that to the last quote "Our turn for a little bit of luck"

Blatantly buttering up the Ref to help United.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 12:06 am

Because he's charged for talking about the ref, the only thing he directly said about the ref was that he's the best.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat May 14, 2011 1:07 am

Don't understand what the uproar is about, Ferguson knew what he was doing, the FA obviously saw his comments as 'buttering up' the ref. He's under more scrutiny immediately following his touchline ban from a few weeks ago, so he was charged. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 1:55 am

dena wrote:Don't understand what the uproar is about, Ferguson knew what he was doing, the FA obviously saw his comments as 'buttering up' the ref. He's under more scrutiny immediately following his touchline ban from a few weeks ago, so he was charged. Neutral

STFU he said nothing to influence the ref and ancelloti made pretty much the same comment where is his punishment
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 1:57 am

Scott wrote:Why does everyone seem to think it's about him complimenting the Ref?

"We are getting the best referee, there is no doubt about that," he said at the time.

"We have the players to do it all right. We just hope it's our turn for a little bit of luck."

He is psychologically trying to get the Ref to act on his comment, by giving him a good decision.

Basically, by saying "I think Webb is a good referee" and then saying "But I fear a mistake from the referee" would make Webb think, "oh right, he thinks I'm a good referee, I'm going to make sure he still believes that after the game. I won't make a mistake that favours the opposition"

rofl

yeah cause it worked with 2 clear cut pens not given to us.

THATS what i call reading too much into stuff. go back to worshipping the most average manager in football
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat May 14, 2011 1:59 am

How about you ask the FA. Neutral

Secondly, he did not make the same comment. Neutral

Thirdly (shifty) as I said before, SAF is under more scrutiny, so of course his comments on ref's would war rent an extra look, and even a stretch in punishment.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat May 14, 2011 2:01 am

What a load of fucking shit. rofl

He'll be all right though, we own the FA after all… Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 2:03 am

ViVaRooney wrote:thsi is retarded cause he probably got asked by the media "what are your thoughts on howard webb refeering your match with chelsea?"

Rolling Eyes fuck the FA

if FA dont want managers talking about refs then stop the media from asking questions about the ref. simple fucking as

Whats so hard to say next question, or I don't want to comment on this matter.

Fergie's fault, rules are rules.
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Sat May 14, 2011 2:15 am

ViVaRooney wrote:
    Scott wrote:Why does everyone seem to think it's about him complimenting the Ref?

rofl

yeah cause it worked with 2 clear cut pens not given to us.

THATS what i call reading too much into stuff. go back to worshipping the most average manager in football
    facepalm

And how can there be a 'most average' manager in football facepalm
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 14, 2011 2:20 am

It's a ridiculous charge, if this was any other manager the whole forum would agree. How many managers talk about referees? Anecolotti said Webb is fantastic, Redknapp today said Webb is the best referee in the League, David Moyes said that Mike Riley is a United fan in 2009, none of these people ever get punished and nor should they. If he was coming out and saying this referee always works against us before the game then fair enough, and I think he deserved to be punished for what he said about Martin Atkinson earlier this season, but this is a fucking farce.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 2:30 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    ViVaRooney wrote:thsi is retarded cause he probably got asked by the media "what are your thoughts on howard webb refeering your match with chelsea?"

Rolling Eyes fuck the FA

if FA dont want managers talking about refs then stop the media from asking questions about the ref. simple fucking as

Whats so hard to say next question, or I don't want to comment on this matter.

Fergie's fault, rules are rules.

again.. ancelotti mentioned the ref too, why is he not charged??

also wenger AND ancelotti both believe the charge is a joke: http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/bosses-leap-to-fergusons-defence-2646817.html
    "I am surprised about this - I think he spoke positively about Howard Webb," said Ancelotti. "I don't think he tried to put pressure on the referee before the game."
    "It was a shock to the FA," laughed Wenger. "They are not used to him to be complimentary. He is entitled to have that opinion. To me, it doesn't look to be a major problem to say that somebody is good. I would not charge him for that."
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat May 14, 2011 2:33 am

Putting pressure on the referee, there you go
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat May 14, 2011 2:35 am

Why hasn't Ancelotti been charged?
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Sat May 14, 2011 2:39 am

Because he said Webb was a good referee and didn't use wording that could be interpreted as something else.

What did Ancelotti say, I'm assuming on two sentences he wrote

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:26 am