Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
ShakerMatty
Cadbury
Hitchy
El Jefe
Drake
Jord
Mason
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Scouser_Dave
Laurencio
El_indian
CollieBuddz
Zzonked
18 posters

*****OFFICIAL: KENNY DALGLISH SIGNS THREE-YEAR CONTRACT*****

The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

*****OFFICIAL: KENNY DALGLISH SIGNS THREE-YEAR CONTRACT***** - Page 3 Empty Re: *****OFFICIAL: KENNY DALGLISH SIGNS THREE-YEAR CONTRACT*****

Post by The Bat-Man Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:35 pm

El_indian wrote:OMG finally daglish!!

Thank you NESV thank u FSG, thnk u Mr Henry and Linda.

Thank you to all the supporters and the players

great day for this AMAZING club

no.19 is ours nxt year

YNWA everyone

Kuled wrote:I bet he'll fuck up big time

Not trying to single El_indian out but Laughing

Hindsight is a beautiful thing Kuled.
    Anonymous

*****OFFICIAL: KENNY DALGLISH SIGNS THREE-YEAR CONTRACT***** - Page 3 Empty Re: *****OFFICIAL: KENNY DALGLISH SIGNS THREE-YEAR CONTRACT*****

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:20 am

'Kenny still King'

Dalglish has reinvigorated Reds, says Richardson

Last updated: 25th March 2012

You talk to people in Liverpool and they will say it's a real football club again and the heart is beating.

John Richardson
    Quotes of the week

John Richardson told the Supplement that Kenny Dalglish is still the right man to take Liverpool forward.

The Reds manager has seen his side lose five of their last six Premier League games following this week's defeats to relegation-threatened duo QPR and Wigan, leaving the Merseysiders a long way adrift of the top four.

However, Express writer Richardson says Liverpool's Carling Cup triumph at the end of February shows that Dalglish has galvanised the Anfield giants.

"When Kenny came in there was a hell of a job to do because the heart had been torn out," said Richardson. "It's not just about results, it's about the whole football club.

"New owners came in and they wanted the right man. Kenny was the right man and he has brought everybody together.

"You talk to people in Liverpool, and the older players, and they will say it's a real football club again and the heart is beating.

"Kenny will admit the results aren't good but there is a Carling Cup already and they are in the FA Cup semi-final. Most Liverpool fans would be very happy with two trophies

"Liverpool have a fantastic history league-wise and next season is going to be very important. His buying hasn't been the best and I think some of his players have let him down, but Kenny will prove he is the right man given time."

Divine right

The Mirror's Andy Dunn says the wealth that Manchester City and Manchester United can call upon will make it difficult for Liverpool to challenge for a 19th top-flight title in the coming seasons.

But he says Reds fans should be delighted their club has scooped some silverware this term and insists that Cup success is more important than snaring the fourth Champions League spot.

"History doesn't give you a divine right to challenge clubs who are investing at the scale of Manchester City or have the commercial pull of Man United," said Dunn.

"I also hear the argument that you'd rather finish fourth than win a trophy or two but I just think that's ludicrous. You don't have an open-top bus parade for finishing fourth.

"The circumstance of the commercial monstrosity that the Champions League has become is that fourth place has been something to attain for, but it's not walking out at Wembley, going up the steps and lifting a trophy."

http://bcove.me/b08tch4h

Video on here and some more views about things about Liverpool. Quite interesting and also Kenny said they would not need to sack him, if his time is up then his time is up and he would step down.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:01 am

"I also hear the argument that you'd rather finish fourth than win a
    trophy or two but I just think that's ludicrous. You don't have an
    open-top bus parade for finishing fourth.

"The circumstance of
    the commercial monstrosity that the Champions League has become is that
    fourth place has been something to attain for, but it's not walking out
    at Wembley, going up the steps and lifting a trophy."

Stupidest thing I've read in a very long time.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:35 am

Enjoy the Europa League.

I'm sure the top players in the world will be swayed by a Carling Cup victory on penalties vs lower league opposition.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:47 am

Liverpool are the weakest team left in the FA Cup (providing sunderland beat everton)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:47 am

Ed wrote:Liverpool are the weakest team left in the FA Cup (providing sunderland beat everton)

I'd say that is going a bit far.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:50 am

The exchange between RR and the Liverpool fans is hilarious with hindsight. Laughing

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:The expectation is going to be enormous, I'd be surprised if he makes it 3 years.

*****OFFICIAL: KENNY DALGLISH SIGNS THREE-YEAR CONTRACT***** - Page 3 149xyc0

Scouser_Dave wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

Course I do, he retired in the middle of a season when you were still in Title and FA Cup contention, after a 4-4 draw with Everton, saying he wanted to retire from football. He bottled it basically. Then he suddenly came back a few months later to take over Blackburn, spent 4 years there spending a shitload of money and winning fuck all, then finally they had a chance to win the title by beating Liverpool and his team bottled it on the last day, luckily West Ham saved his Blackburn career from being a complete fuck up.

I'll tell you what SD, I'll have a bet with you, £10 to a charity of the winners choice that Dalglish doesn't see out his contract for whatever reason. Do we have a deal?

Fair enough, you're on.

Also have a read of this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1165610/We-escape-ghosts-day-The-daughter-Liverpool-legend-Kenny-Dalglish-reveals-toll-Hillsborough-father.html

If you think after reading that he bottled it then you're a bigger twat than I thought you were.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:52 am

Cam wrote:
    Ed wrote:Liverpool are the weakest team left in the FA Cup (providing sunderland beat everton)

I'd say that is going a bit far.
    I wouldn't necessarily consider yourself favorites against Sunderland. If they turn up and perform they will win.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:28 pm

BladeGunner wrote:
    "I also hear the argument that you'd rather finish fourth than win a
    trophy or two but I just think that's ludicrous. You don't have an
    open-top bus parade for finishing fourth.

"The circumstance of
    the commercial monstrosity that the Champions League has become is that
    fourth place has been something to attain for, but it's not walking out
    at Wembley, going up the steps and lifting a trophy."

Stupidest thing I've read in a very long time.

It sounds to me like they are going to do an open bus parade with the Carling Cup shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:19 pm