Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
El Jefe
Jordi
dena
Drake
menalawyerguy
GCU
Simonc89
Keanoo
SBSP
Lux
Gegilworld93
ShakerMatty
Mal
Scuba Steve
Ricardo
Pippo
Zzonked
Marvin
Jamie
Sean
24 posters

Is the Championship the best second tier in football?

Sean

Is the Championship the best second tier in football? Empty Is the Championship the best second tier in football?

Post by Sean Tue May 03, 2011 9:10 am

A little bit of a twist on the Premier League angle...
    Anonymous

Is the Championship the best second tier in football? Empty Re: Is the Championship the best second tier in football?

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:12 am

I would reckon so. So many teams challenging for it
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Is the Championship the best second tier in football? Empty Re: Is the Championship the best second tier in football?

Post by Jamie Tue May 03, 2011 9:12 am

Doubt anyone follows more than 1 second tier so nobody would know.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue May 03, 2011 9:13 am

Most competitive, but I'm sure there are more entertaining ones out there.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 03, 2011 9:13 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Doubt anyone follows more than 1 second tier so nobody would know.

Yeah this. I've literally seen none of the other second tiers.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 03, 2011 9:15 am

Theres more than English people on here though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:15 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:Doubt anyone follows more than 1 second tier so nobody would know.

Yeah this. I've literally seen none of the other second tiers.

this.

You never come across a supporter from a 2nd tier club on the internet.

Well, this site is mostly British and English club supporters ...
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Tue May 03, 2011 9:15 am

Sean wrote:Theres more than English people on here though.

Which non-English people would follow the Championship though?
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 03, 2011 9:16 am

Never know shifty
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Tue May 03, 2011 9:17 am

NZ Central League is better, entertainment wise.
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Tue May 03, 2011 9:17 am

Definitely the most competitive.I've only watched the Championship and Serie B, so can't judge on the best league quality-wise.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 03, 2011 9:17 am

Fuck off Pip, there is literally no chance you watch that.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:18 am

I think yes.

I think Serie B used to hold that title years ago, but Italian football in general has declined.

In terms of entertainment, probably Ligue 2 is able to compete with the Championship, but other then that, I don't think so/I wouldn't know.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:19 am

Sean wrote:Never know shifty

Just been reading your posts in the "lets get classy" on the old Ea forums. not worthy

And your Emma Watson Ava/sig. not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:20 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Sean wrote:Theres more than English people on here though.

Which non-English people would follow the Championship though?
    I used to follow the tables, results and watch highlights on footytube years ago.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Tue May 03, 2011 9:20 am

Sean wrote:Fuck off Pip, there is literally no chance you watch that.

Just one question.

Are you an Upper Hutt man or a Lower Hutt man?
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue May 03, 2011 9:23 am

Sean wrote:Fuck off Pip, there is literally no chance you watch that.
    This is Pip we are talking about here.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue May 03, 2011 9:24 am

I don't think other second divisions get quite as much attention in their countries as the nPower does. But I don't know that for certain.

I can say that of Germany though.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 am

5th most popular league in the world. Coffee
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 am

No, It's the Irn Bru First Division. We have world class teams such as Dunfermline, Raith Rovers etc. Smile

shifty
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 am

Mr Leiva wrote:
    Sean wrote:Never know Is the Championship the best second tier in football? 279869

Just been reading your posts in the "lets get classy" on the old Ea forums. Is the Championship the best second tier in football? 914411

And your Emma Watson Ava/sig. Is the Championship the best second tier in football? 914411

Link? cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 am

Is League 2 the best supported 4th tier division around? Interested
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:35 am

Championship is probably one of the most exciting leagues in the world in terms of not having a clue where the majority will finish.

For example, Boro title favourites yet fought relegation most of the season. None of the relegated teams went back up and a team promoted from 3rd tier went straight up again.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:36 am

Mal wrote:5th most popular league in the world. Is the Championship the best second tier in football? 28973

Is that supporter wise? Or just in terms of watching?

I do wonder where we'd be in terms of attendances.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:38 am

Sean wrote:
    Mr Leiva wrote:
    Sean wrote:Never know Is the Championship the best second tier in football? 279869

Just been reading your posts in the "lets get classy" on the old Ea forums. Is the Championship the best second tier in football? 914411

And your Emma Watson Ava/sig. Is the Championship the best second tier in football? 914411

Link? cheers

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/real-football/1214858-gentlemen-lets-get-classy.html
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Tue May 03, 2011 9:39 am

I got a stat from league 2 ages ago Radford I'll find it later
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:46 am

No, it's this league...

Is the Championship the best second tier in football? 200px-NASL_Logo
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:46 am

From what I've heard it is highly likely.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue May 03, 2011 9:51 am

I think so, I watch the highlights of the Championship, 2.Bundesliga and I go to home games of FC Winterthur, Swiss 2nd div.
    2.Bundesliga is very entertaining though, also a lot of supporters and a good atmosphere.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 03, 2011 9:53 am

James ♠ wrote:
    Mal wrote:5th most popular league in the world. Is the Championship the best second tier in football? 28973

Is that supporter wise? Or just in terms of watching?

I do wonder where we'd be in terms of attendances.
    I remember checking statistics, your average is something like 10-12k, on par with Polish, Russian, Portuguese, Greek, Turkish, German second division leagues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:32 am