Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
coolhead33
luke.
Mason
dena
Mouse
moscowmadeit3
Jack
menalawyerguy
Uncle John from Jamaica
Drake
Walcott
Cadbury
RubyArmyCTFC
Trig
Ricardo
Danny
Lux
Jordi
El Jefe
23 posters

What killed atmosphere at football matches in England?

Anonymous

What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? - Page 4 Empty Re: What killed atmosphere at football matches in England?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:42 am

Dan wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    polska. wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Yeah. 96 people died.
    There's been football accidents in other countries too you know.

I don't think it's the stadiums that are the problem anyway. I find football to be a much more family event in England than in continental Europe.

You don't get it do you? Hillsborough had such an effect on the game, the instant reaction was to make football safe again for the fans. You've no idea what it was like for fans before all-seater stadiums came in. They were treated like cattle, marched into pens and expected to stay there. The main aim of what came out of Hillsborough was to protect the fans. And you criticise England for this?
    So basically England went from one extreme to the other. Neutral

Don't get what you mean?
    Forget it, I think I'm wrong anyway. Razz

Anyway, other countries like the Netherlands have all seater stadiums too, and the atmosphere in the Netherlands is incomparably better than that of England.
    luke.
    luke.

What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? - Page 4 Empty Re: What killed atmosphere at football matches in England?

Post by luke. Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:43 am

Sitting
    Foreigners/posher people going to games just to watch the specticle instead of actually supporting the team.
    Higher ticket prices mean people can't afford to go, so the above happens..
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:46 am

Cadbury wrote:
    Forest wrote:People seeing it as a day out to somewhere like the cinema. Seen some girl moaning on fb that her Nan bought her Forest tickets for the Leicester game as an Easter Present. Rather than having people like that who won't sing or anything, should have proper fans.

This.
    Also people acting like they are at the Grand National and just standing there dressed in suits saying "That was a excellent kick there". Neutral.
    We have a John Motson wannabe behind us at ER. Against Forest he said Gradel never scores and as soon as he said that Gradel scored. Laughing The guy doesn't know what he's talking about at all.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:57 am

luke. wrote:Sitting
    Foreigners/posher people going to games just to watch the specticle instead of actually supporting the team.

Foreign posh people much like yourself! Wink
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:00 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:

I'm not foreign, or posh...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:02 am

Laughing

I was going to make a comment on how as a foreigner Luke probably doesn't know any Chelsea songs... but then I realized that Chelsea don't even sing. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:03 am

Sky and high ticket prices.

The locals forced out of the game.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

polska. wrote:

Laughing

I was going to make a comment on how as a foreigner Luke probably doesn't know any Chelsea songs... but then I realized that Chelsea don't even sing. Neutral

facepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:05 am

polska. wrote:

Laughing

laugh
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:06 am

Chelsea don't sing because they have an all seater Simples

It's a vicious cycle.
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:07 am

Glory hunters,high ticket prices.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:45 am

Seating is the key. As soon as you're told to sit down the chanting stops and the atmosphere becomes dead.

Prices aren't a help though, a lot of fans that used to be regulars boycotted Bates high ticket pricing.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:50 am

Bates is a cunt.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:02 am

I know. Grateful for what he's done for the club though. I think at the time we needed someone like him to keep us on the straight and narrow, to make sure we spent within our means and didn't do anything daft. Would rather he either spent money or got out now though.

___

I don't think Sky is much of a factor really, unless you look at it as being the reason for the ticket prices getting higher.
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:43 am

Seating.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:12 am

i dunno everyone around u just seems to sit down so everyone else does and it kills the atmosphere theres only 200 or so stand at the back of the cemmy end
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:36 am

Because football isn't the working man's sport anymore.

Not necessarily a bad thing, it just is what it is.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:18 am

Atmosphere got killed by Sky, resulting in so many passionate supporters being priced out of the game and being replaced by families/daytrippers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:00 am