Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
coolhead33
luke.
Mason
dena
Mouse
moscowmadeit3
Jack
menalawyerguy
Uncle John from Jamaica
Drake
Walcott
Cadbury
RubyArmyCTFC
Trig
Ricardo
Danny
Lux
Jordi
El Jefe
23 posters

What killed atmosphere at football matches in England?

Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? - Page 2 Empty Re: What killed atmosphere at football matches in England?

Post by Trig Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:16 pm

James ♠ wrote:
    And0TheGr8 wrote:Are you really "forced" to sit at games?

Home fans in general are. At KC, there is 4 blocks of home fans that can stand without being pestered by stewards or asked to sit down.
    Away fans in general stand w/o any steward interference although some can be a bit divvy about it and try getting everyone to sit down.

To be fair, its not so much the stewards, its other fans not wanting to stand up. That is why there needs to be designated standing areas.

That sucks, i rarely ever sit at any sporting event i go to, football(american), basketball, etc. Here we have an unwritten rule that if the person in front of you is standing up, you do the same, and if the person behind you has any complaints, FUCK UM.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? - Page 2 Empty Re: What killed atmosphere at football matches in England?

Post by Cadbury Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Lack of passion too.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:16 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Forest wrote:People seeing it as a day out to somewhere like the cinema. Seen some girl moaning on fb that her Nan bought her Forest tickets for the Leicester game as an Easter Present. Rather than having people like that who won't sing or anything, should have proper fans.
    You always get girls at Burscough, for example, who'll end up saying something stupid like "what colour are we playing in, or what's the score?" Neutral

Fucking retards. Not there to watch the game at all.

Might wanna keep non league out of it, they tend to be filled with people who have a main team before them. If you said the Asians at Old Trafford taking photos that would of been better. What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? - Page 2 284837
    Similar point though. It's those kinds of people that go to Premier League games, and aren't really there to watch the team playing. Doesn't really matter to us though, it's actually good when those knobs are there- more money for the club. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:17 pm

Did you see the Bin Laden steward at Leeds? Laughing
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:18 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    Forest wrote:People seeing it as a day out to somewhere like the cinema. Seen some girl moaning on fb that her Nan bought her Forest tickets for the Leicester game as an Easter Present. Rather than having people like that who won't sing or anything, should have proper fans.
    You always get girls at Burscough, for example, who'll end up saying something stupid like "what colour are we playing in, or what's the score?" Neutral

Fucking retards. Not there to watch the game at all.

Might wanna keep non league out of it, they tend to be filled with people who have a main team before them. If you said the Asians at Old Trafford taking photos that would of been better. What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? - Page 2 284837

To be fair to the asians, i would be taking a shit ton of pictures too, won't be traveling to Manchester many times in my life... Crying or Very sad
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:18 pm

My dad got told to sit down once at Arsenal by a steward, despite we were right at the back of the lower tier. All that was behind us was a wall. Suspect
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:18 pm

Lux wrote:

Depends.

At Leeds last Saturday there was a whole stand full of Leeds fans standing up next to us but the stewards came around the away section making us sit down What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? - Page 2 512670

I'd stand up all game...but there's a lot of older/younger people around and they just don't want to stand up all game. It's easy to say "get better fans"....but these are the only ones we can get Laughing...don't have enough fans to be picky.

I'd say make prices cheaper......but for a club like Watford this just brings even more rubbish fans. Cheap tickets just attract plastic Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea fans from around the area.

I have always wondered if emailing the club about standing would be worth it. Although it may be against the rules, surely if it was set up discretely it could be that people move around a little bit and everyone who wants to stand would be together.

I really don't see the problem with standing. I know people point at the disasters, but Hillsborough people blame the police and that was back when standing could be classed as dangerous.

Now we have ways of doing it with it being safer than standing in seated areas which away fans do at this moment in time anyway.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:18 pm

Forest wrote:Did you see the Bin Laden steward at Leeds? Laughing

The really scruffy one with a massive beard etc? Laughing
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Sky and Family stands like the Jack Walker no one claps or chants its shit glad i don't sit their.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Cadbury wrote:Lack of passion too.

That is what I was trying to get at with the change in attitude, which probably comes down to being able to watch 5 or 6 matches a week on tv.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 pm

The way it's done in Germany is quality. Saw a bit on it the other day. They've got seats there in a stand where you're allowed to stand up, but with barriers in front, so there can't be a crush. And it works for European games as well, where you're forced to sit down.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Lux wrote:

At Leeds it was funny, I arrived just before kick off and we got told to go the wrong way. I ended up sitting in the top part when my seat was at the bottom. Laughing I was confused at first people where in my seating area until I checked the ticket and thought fuck it. Razz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Danny wrote:The way it's done in Germany is quality. Saw a bit on it the other day. They've got seats there in a stand where you're allowed to stand up, but with barriers in front, so there can't be a crush. And it works for European games as well, where you're forced to sit down.

Yeah, that is the only reason the seats are in there.

For lower league clubs, we could have the seats not even there.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:22 pm

James ♠ wrote:
    Danny wrote:The way it's done in Germany is quality. Saw a bit on it the other day. They've got seats there in a stand where you're allowed to stand up, but with barriers in front, so there can't be a crush. And it works for European games as well, where you're forced to sit down.

Yeah, not saying that following that example would solve the whole "problem", but I think it would help. Would generate a better atmosphere at least. I think sitting in football matches is bollocks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Lux wrote:

Think so. Is the one your on about Asian?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Danny wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:

Yeah, not saying that following that example would solve the whole "problem", but I think it would help. Would generate a better atmosphere at least. I think sitting in football matches is bollocks.

It probably would solve the problem to an extent.

Generally, the people that want to stand, want to create an atmosphere and sing. One of the problems at KC is, these people tend to be spread around so we only have 3 or 4 blocks like that. No one can move near there and use the next blocks though because seats are already taken up by season ticket holders who like sitting down.

Apparently though, owners want to move all singers to North stand so hoping that improve things seeing as it will be an unofficial standing area. Razz
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Forest wrote:Think so. Is the one your on about Asian?

No eek3

Didn't see any Asian ones
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Lux I think I know the one you mean, he isn't Asian but he was being a penis on Saturday. Kept singling people out and telling them to stop doing this and stop doing that.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:29 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    Jay.Davies11 wrote:It's the glory hunters Rolling Eyes

Exactly what I mean about being dickheads.

Kyro lock the thread, first post in it just showed this forum can't have a proper discussion.

Jesus Christ, you're a spaz.

But I think it's a combination of all of the things you cited, with most of the emphasis being on all-seaters and raising ticket prices. It's not that rich people don't have a good time, they just do it in a quieter, more sophisticated fashion. So less ruffians means calmer crowd. I still think the atmopshere is good though. The crowds are still in to the game emotionally. Good clean fun.
    Jack
    Jack

Post by Jack Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:30 pm

No, it's just the fact Hull are shit at home.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:31 pm

It is weird, the 2 Americans have said our atmosphere is fine, yet we seem to think it isn't.

Is that to do with American sports or do we like to moan? Razz
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Moorzy2911 wrote:No, it's just the fact Hull are shit at home.

That's it. Close the fucking thread. Mad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Moorzy2911 wrote:No, it's just the fact Hull are shit at home.

Why be a dickhead?
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:32 pm

Anyone agree that Family stands hvae killed atmospheres?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Pilkz wrote:Anyone agree that Family stands hvae killed atmospheres?

Not totally. If there was just one family stand where families go I don't think it is a problem. It is a problem that families choose not to sit in the family stands but then sit there quiet throughout the game.
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:36 pm

I'd say the best sporting atmosphere here in the states is in College Football(american) in the southern states, SC, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana etc...all of the big time programs, about 20 of them, all have stadiums over 75,000+...now you want to talk about insanity? We tear shit up.
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 pm

menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 pm

James ♠️ wrote:It is weird, the 2 Americans have said our atmosphere is fine, yet we seem to think it isn't.

Is that to do with American sports or do we like to moan? Razz

I just appreciate seeing professionals do their thing in the flesh. There could be nobody in the seats and I'd still enjoy it. For my money, it's still worth the price of admission these days. I'm sure it was better back in the days of standing room and cheap tickets. I never got to go to a game in England back then but I can tell from past videos that the atmosphere was wild. So it's not as good as it used to be, but it's still a solid product.

In America, stadiums are becoming more and more corporatized. And that's killing the atmosphere in baseball, for example. Baseball games used to me an emotional affair. Now it's just a social outting. It's like most people take their families to games the same way they'd take them to the park for a picnic. Lots of people don't even follow the game. They're just there for the ambiance. I hate that. So I do sympathize with what you're saying here. The Detroit Tigers play in a big, beautiful, corporate yard now. It's impressive architecturally but the games aren't as fun. When they played at Tiger Stadium, it was basically a dirty old warehouse with an upper deck overhanging onto parts of the field and it made it feel like the crowd was right on top of the players. It was awesome. Less comfortable but more intense. Tiger Stadium is gone now. It's a crime against humanity.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:40 pm

And0TheGr8 wrote:

A hill...? Is that how to solve our problems? What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? - Page 2 849722
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:43 pm

Stewards at United hate people standing constantly. Even when everyone else is they try to make people sit down, it's pathetic.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:38 am