Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
coolhead33
luke.
Mason
dena
Mouse
moscowmadeit3
Jack
menalawyerguy
Uncle John from Jamaica
Drake
Walcott
Cadbury
RubyArmyCTFC
Trig
Ricardo
Danny
Lux
Jordi
El Jefe
23 posters

What killed atmosphere at football matches in England?

Anonymous

What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? Empty What killed atmosphere at football matches in England?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Is it that the attitude of English people towards football has changed?

Is it the removal of standing and we are now told to sit down?

Is it SKY? And the fact going to a football game isn't a special occasion or something to look forward as much seeing as we can watch football most nights a week.

Is it the pricing of tickets that keep the poorer people away from the game who I would imagine are more willing to have a good time?

Or is it another reason?

I wont bother making a poll as this can be a discussion if people don't act like dickheads. Wink
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? Empty Re: What killed atmosphere at football matches in England?

Post by El Jefe Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:58 pm

It's the glory hunters Rolling Eyes
    Anonymous

What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? Empty Re: What killed atmosphere at football matches in England?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 pm

Look on the bright side, the atmosphere isn't as bad as Spain. Hide
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 pm

I would say ticket prices. My opinion ofc Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 pm

More of a family event these days. Watford home games are pretty dull usually.

Whenever I go away it's crazy....I can't believe I'm supporting the same club.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Jay.Davies11 wrote:It's the glory hunters Rolling Eyes

Exactly what I mean about being dickheads.

Kyro lock the thread, first post in it just showed this forum can't have a proper discussion.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 pm

James ♠️ wrote:

Kyro lock the thread, first post in it just showed no one can have a proper discussion on here.
    But it actually is?
    I sit near loads of glory hunters at Anfield and they don't do anything to create atmosphere. Those seats could be taken by passionate local fans who would sing their hearts out for 90 minutes
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Bit of everything James has mentioned really. Just going on the point he raises about Sky, it's not even just that. It's ridiculously easy to watch a game of Premier League football for a lot cheaper than paying for a ticket to go, weather that's watching on Sky, ESPN, ITV or BBC. And then you could just stream it for absolutely nothing. Don't think the price of the tickets help either.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:03 pm

It can still survive James.

Okay from now on everyone be serious and talk about the topic James has brought up, or get the fuck out.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Jay.Davies11 wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:

Kyro lock the thread, first post in it just showed no one can have a proper discussion on here.
    But it actually is?
    I sit near loads of glory hunters at Anfield and they don't do anything to create atmosphere. Those seats could be taken by passionate local fans who would sing their hearts out for 90 minutes

Hardly, they are just plastics... If this stays open i'll get the blame for turning into another glory hunting debate. Rolling Eyes
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:04 pm

It's official.......the Playmaker forums have called in Martial Law
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Lux wrote:More of a family event these days. Watford home games are pretty dull usually.

Whenever I go away it's crazy....I can't believe I'm supporting the same club.

Home games are dull at all places. Stoke is the only place it isn't because they are full of working class people anyway.

You said you went to the Hull Watford a game in playoffs, that was a special night and that was the KC rocking. Sadly it doesn't get like that often. Mad
    Ricardo
    Ricardo

Post by Ricardo Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:06 pm

James ♠ wrote:
    Is it SKY? And the fact going to a football game isn't a special occasion or something to look forward as much seeing as we can watch football most nights a week.
    I think it's this and all-seater stadia.
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Post by El Jefe Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:06 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    Jay.Davies11 wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:

But it actually is?

Hardly, they are just plastics... If this stays open i'll get the blame for turning into another glory hunting debate. Rolling Eyes
    Plastics that create no atmosphere, atmosphere that could be created by more passionate fans.
    If everyone at the match was passionate about their club, instead of it being a day out to take some pictures, then surely we would be getting better atmospheres?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Ticket prices probably have something to do with it, but even at smaller grounds... the home atmosphere isn't brilliant.

It has gotta be something to do with SKY putting people off going to games just because they can watch 15 a month for a cheaper price than watching 2 or 3 at the stadium.
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Well, at least it hasn't completely sold out like the NFL has with 547 commercials during each game...I think the atmosphere in English football is by far the best in Europe.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:09 pm

James ♠️ wrote:Home games are dull at all places. Stoke is the only place it isn't because they are full of working class people anyway.

You said you went to the Hull Watford a game in playoffs, that was a special night and that was the KC rocking. Sadly it doesn't get like that often. Mad

I remember in the Championship that Stoke had to give away tickets for free because they had such shit attendances......

Hull was pretty rocking, though we were better until you turned the gas on Sad I was hoping that they'd abandon the match because your fans kept running on Laughing

Last edited by Lux on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:09 pm

And0TheGr8 wrote:Well, at least it hasn't completely sold out like the NFL has with 547 commercials during each game...I think the atmosphere in English football is by far the best in Europe.

Eastern Europe is better.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 pm

And ofc, i've always said about seating killing atmosphere. There is a reason why real singers don't sit down and they stand up to sing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 pm

People seeing it as a day out to somewhere like the cinema. Seen some girl moaning on fb that her Nan bought her Forest tickets for the Leicester game as an Easter Present. Rather than having people like that who won't sing or anything, should have proper fans.
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 pm

James ♠️ wrote:
    And0TheGr8 wrote:Well, at least it hasn't completely sold out like the NFL has with 547 commercials during each game...I think the atmosphere in English football is by far the best in Europe.

Eastern Europe is better.

*is psychotic. Wink
    Trig
    Trig

Post by Trig Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Are you really "forced" to sit at games?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Forest wrote:People seeing it as a day out to somewhere like the cinema. Seen some girl moaning on fb that her Nan bought her Forest tickets for the Leicester game as an Easter Present. Rather than having people like that who won't sing or anything, should have proper fans.

That's the problem, why aren't they turning up? It isn't as if stadiums get sold out every time.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:13 pm

Forest wrote:People seeing it as a day out to somewhere like the cinema. Seen some girl moaning on fb that her Nan bought her Forest tickets for the Leicester game as an Easter Present. Rather than having people like that who won't sing or anything, should have proper fans.
    You always get girls at Burscough, for example, who'll end up saying something stupid like "what colour are we playing in, or what's the score?" Neutral

Fucking retards. Not there to watch the game at all.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:13 pm

And0TheGr8 wrote:Are you really "forced" to sit at games?

Home fans in general are. At KC, there is 4 blocks of home fans that can stand without being pestered by stewards or asked to sit down.
    Away fans in general stand w/o any steward interference although some can be a bit divvy about it and try getting everyone to sit down.

To be fair, its not so much the stewards, its other fans not wanting to stand up. That is why there needs to be designated standing areas.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:13 pm

I don't have to sit at Forest with certain stewards, but some are just counts. That's due to my seat being back row though
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Danny wrote:
    You always get girls at Burscough, for example, who'll end up saying something stupid like "what colour are we playing in, or what's the score?" Neutral

Fucking retards. Not there to watch the game at all.

Might wanna keep non league out of it, they tend to be filled with people who have a main team before them. If you said the Asians at Old Trafford taking photos that would of been better. What killed atmosphere at football matches in England? 284837
    RubyArmyCTFC
    RubyArmyCTFC

Supports : Cheltenham Town

Post by RubyArmyCTFC Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 pm

Lack of terracing and high ticket prices.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 pm

This.
    Also people acting like they are at the Grand National and just standing there dressed in suits saying "That was a excellent kick there". Neutral.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 pm

And0TheGr8 wrote:Are you really "forced" to sit at games?

Depends.

At Leeds last Saturday there was a whole stand full of Leeds fans standing up next to us but the stewards came around the away section making us sit down red card

I'd stand up all game...but there's a lot of older/younger people around and they just don't want to stand up all game. It's easy to say "get better fans"....but these are the only ones we can get Laughing...don't have enough fans to be picky.

I'd say make prices cheaper......but for a club like Watford this just brings even more rubbish fans. Cheap tickets just attract plastic Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea fans from around the area.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:50 am