Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Kuled
ShakerMatty
ArsenalAreUs
Danny
samiz
ResurrectionRooney
10 posters

Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney

Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney - Page 3 Empty Re: Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney

Post by Barton Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:38 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Rooney was punished for 'Using foul and abusive language', that's it. There is an automatic punishment for that, but the FA chose to apply it only to Rooney and not Reina, because Rooney is an 'easy target'.

If two people are clearly guilty of the same crime, and only one of them is punished, that implies victimisation to me.

Are you aware that Rooney was punished for 'Using foul and abusive language' into a TV camera? Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney - Page 3 Empty Re: Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:39 pm

JMB_94 wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Rooney was punished for 'Using foul and abusive language', that's it. There is an automatic punishment for that, but the FA chose to apply it only to Rooney and not Reina, because Rooney is an 'easy target'.

If two people are clearly guilty of the same crime, and only one of them is punished, that implies victimisation to me.

Are you aware that Rooney was punished for 'Using foul and abusive language' into a TV camera?

The TV camera is not relevant to whether he used foul and abusive language or not.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:40 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:

Are you aware that Rooney was punished for 'Using foul and abusive language' into a TV camera?

The TV camera is not relevant to whether he used foul and abusive language or not.
    Lets face it though, that's why he was charged.. he was aggressive and directed it at a camera. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 pm

JMB_94 wrote:

Yes it is because he swore into it a camera which broad-casted it to the millions of fans at home who were watching it. Idiot. By talking into the camera, he is virtually speaking directly to every single fan watching it on the television.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:42 pm

JMB_94 wrote:

Not relevant?

I think it played quite a large part, we should be having hundreds of players suspended every weekend if thats what your implying.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:42 pm

LFCJordan wrote:
    ViVaRooney wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

Hmmm...so it sounds like some refereeing decisions for for us, while others go against us. Obviously a conspiracy is afoot.

It was a conspiracy when Berbatov got that penalty in the thrid round of the FA cup. Not a penalty.
    It was a conspiracy when Mendes scored from the half way line, only for the United keeper to fuck up, the ball a few yards behind the line and no goal was given.
    It was a conspiracy when Mascherano got sent off for nothing at OT a few years ago.
    It was a conspiracy when Rooney didn't get sent off for Elbowing McCarthy.
    It was a conspiracy when Owen scored in the sixth minute of extra time against City, when only 3-4 minutes where given.

List goes on ...

Bump for those who haven't seen it.

You still think you get victimized.
    lol you actually think you made a valid point? rofl also i already replied

no one says we dont get any decisions for us you retard, but EVERY team gets decisions for them and against them. same as MAn Utd but we get slated for it because we always end up winning and people cant handle that

not to mention the "situations" i bolded were not wrong decisions.

you teams get decisions sometimes there way, and not.

How come United fans start whining when decisions don't got there way. Saying the Fa hates them. Pathetic.

like every other team? lol

show me club fans who dont whine when decisions go against them and i will show you people who arent actual fans. no one likes a decision going against them

another example i got it, Chelsea MATCH WINNER yesterday was a clear foul yet no one seems to be talking about it, if it was man utd we would have 20page threads going on about how refs always favour man utd

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:43 pm

JMB_94 wrote:
    ViVaRooney wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:
    LFCJordan wrote:

Hmmm...so it sounds like some refereeing decisions for for us, while others go against us. Obviously a conspiracy is afoot.

It was a conspiracy when Berbatov got that penalty in the thrid round of the FA cup. Not a penalty.
    It was a conspiracy when Mendes scored from the half way line, only for the United keeper to fuck up, the ball a few yards behind the line and no goal was given.
    It was a conspiracy when Mascherano got sent off for nothing at OT a few years ago.
    It was a conspiracy when Rooney didn't get sent off for Elbowing McCarthy.
    It was a conspiracy when Owen scored in the sixth minute of extra time against City, when only 3-4 minutes where given.

List goes on ...

Bump for those who haven't seen it.

You still think you get victimized.
    lol you actually think you made a valid point? Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney - Page 3 70955 also i already replied

no one says we dont get any decisions for us you retard, but EVERY team gets decisions for them and against them. same as MAn Utd but we get slated for it because we always end up winning and people cant handle that

not to mention the "situations" i bolded were not wrong decisions.

Not to mention how United players are allowed to intimidate the officals. I mean seriously, i've seen the United players swoop like a pack of wolves plenty of time whenver a decision goes against them or something isn't given for them. They're the only team that can get away with descent, to an extent.

LOL

we are not even the worse in the league for doing that!! chelsea are far and above worse then anyone else in the league
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:45 pm

JMB_94 wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:

Not relevant?

I think it played quite a large part, we should be having hundreds of players suspended every weekend if thats what your implying.
    His point is, the FA haven't brought the camera up at all, just the language.. so he's saying they're picking Rooney out of a bunch of hundreds as you said.. but it's obvious that the directing at the camera was huge in the ban.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:56 pm

They are both guilty of the same offence, which carries an automatic ban. Until now the FA have been sensible about enforcing the rule (by not enforcing it), but they are using what Dalglish calls an 'easy target' because of media pressure, while ignoring the lower profile ones.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:57 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:They are both guilty of the same offence, which carries an automatic ban. Until now the FA have been sensible about enforcing the rule (by not enforcing it), but they are using what Dalglish calls an 'easy target' because of media pressure, while ignoring the lower profile ones.

Erm, I think if Reina swore directly into a camera, he would face the exact same punishment.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Scott wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:They are both guilty of the same offence, which carries an automatic ban. Until now the FA have been sensible about enforcing the rule (by not enforcing it), but they are using what Dalglish calls an 'easy target' because of media pressure, while ignoring the lower profile ones.

Erm, I think if Reina swore directly into a camera, he would face the exact same punishment.

The offence is using foul and abusive language.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Scott wrote:

You're really clutching at straws and taking things too literal. It's obvious that the fact he swore directly into a camera, i.e at millions of fans, is the main reason he has been reprimanded.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Scott wrote:
    Scott wrote:

You're really clutching at straws and taking things too literal. It's obvious that the fact he swore directly into a camera, i.e at millions of fans, is the main reason he has been reprimanded.
    Sounds like the FA is just doing whatever they fancy. This is why you need separation of powers, the people who make the laws shouldn't be the same people who enforce them, because they don't do it fairly.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:12 pm

Scott wrote:
    Scott wrote:

Sounds like the FA is just doing whatever they fancy. This is why you need separation of powers, the people who make the laws shouldn't be the same people who enforce them, because they don't do it fairly.

Sounds like you can't take things in context.
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:15 pm

LFCJordan wrote:
    Scott wrote:
    Scott wrote:

Sounds like you can't take things in context.
    This. He just never gives up when he's wrong rofl
    Coatsy

Post by Coatsy Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Deserved ban.Get over it.
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Interesting facts about the incident:

The camera man overstepped his boundries and violated a standing agreement between the FA and SKY about where the camera men are allowed to stand during a game. If he had stuck to the rules Rooney's little triade wouldn't have been picked up by the microphones.

Never before has foul language been punished with a ban in England. Not during interviews, not during press conferences and most certainly not during a football match. Although swearing into the camera may be percieved different than swearing towards a referee while being filmed (frankly there shouldn't be any distinction between the two), there are no special rules that say that swearing to a camera is worse than swearing at the crowd.

The "incident" lasted 2.5 seconds. For those who were watching the 2.5 seconds and weren't busy either celebrating, getting annoyed or cursing themselves the soundbite was decently muddled which meant that out of that 2.5 seconds you might hear a somewhat audible "fuck". With the ammount of replays however those 2.5 seconds became over a minute of camera time. SKY replayed it for all it was worth and that is what caused a ban, not the original offence which I doubt all that many people really caught, or bothered with, anyway.

In essence the FA is punishing a player for 3 words said in the space of 2 seconds in a 90 minute football match. Further it was said in the heat of the moment, something the FA regulary excuse when it comes to triads towards referees, other players and even fans (and rightfully so).

It was a moment of bad judgement, followed promptly at the first oppertunity by an appology from the player. In an incident like this a fine is more than enough and even that is pushing it in my opinion. I would rate this as one of the most stupid "disciplinary" decisions made by the FA in recent years, even more stupid than giving Babel a fine for posting a humorous picture of Webb in a ManUtd shirt.

Meanwhile, as Dalglish mentions, two of the most powerful men in English football are under scrutiny by parliament for missmanagement of the England national team and the game itself. You can not stop to wonder if all these random and utterly useless discplinary decisions are attempts by the FA to deflect media attention from their own screw ups...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:41 am