Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Kuled
ShakerMatty
ArsenalAreUs
Danny
samiz
ResurrectionRooney
10 posters

Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney Empty Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 am

The FA should get their own house in order before dishing out punishments to players

You cannot condone swearing but it’s too simplistic to say Wayne Rooney’s outburst at West Ham will influence the youth of the nation. If you hear a young kid swearing, it’s more likely to be because he or she picked it up walking down the street or in the school playground.

Thirty years ago you wouldn’t hear a swear word on television but somehow most 15-year-olds still got to learn about the words from somewhere. So it’s an exaggeration to say youngsters pick up all their habits from TV.

What concerns me is that by punishing Rooney — and getting a week’s headlines out of it — the authorities are pushing more serious matters under the carpet. We’ve just heard two men, former Football Association chairman Lord Triesman and Premier League chairman and FA board member Sir Dave Richards, have an argument over who gave the England national team manager, Fabio Capello, a new deal before the World Cup.

Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney Article-0-065EA2EC0000044D-218_306x423

The deal has been called a ‘mistake’ by the FA themselves but these two gentlemen contradicted each other over who was responsible. It was said at a parliamentary inquiry it was Triesman who agreed it. Triesman subsequently denied it, but Richards then told MPs the following week that the peer was responsible.

Those are two very influential men in our game in recent times and, putting it kindly, they can’t both be telling the whole truth.

That, for me, is far more concerning and wide-reaching than Rooney swearing and I think a lot of other people agree. It’s disconcerting to see the FA so happy to take the moral high ground and dish out punishments when their own house doesn’t always seem to be in order.

Rooney has become an easy target. If he swore in front of a camera as an actor or musician, his star value would probably be enhanced. Plenty of industries seem to encourage outrageous behaviour.

Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney Article-0-0B72FDAC00000578-734_634x374

Rage: Wayne Rooney was banned after his foul-mouthed rant at a TV camera

He isn’t picked by Manchester United and England because he claims to be the perfectly-behaved human being. He is picked because he is great at football. Unfortunately for him, he’s in an industry with plenty of differing interests and where blame has to be apportioned.

And, by the way, I’m not saying what Rooney did was big or clever.

He himself apologised very quickly afterwards and knows his talent doesn’t give him carte blanche to behave how he wants. I’m just saying we should get things in proportion. What is for sure, United will miss him in next Saturday’s FA Cup semifinal against Manchester City.

He was the best player on the pitch in last week’s Champions League first leg at Chelsea and any team who face a United team without Rooney know it gives them an advantage, despite Fergie having other top-line strikers like Javier Hernandez and Dimitar Berbatov to call on.

I think United are the biggest losers in this, going to Wembley without their best player. They have been punished more than anyone, certainly more than any television viewer who briefly caught Rooney’s outburst at Upton Park.

That was over so quickly, I don’t think most people would have realised what was said without all the repeats. United are a much better team when Rooney plays so, by implication, his absence gives City a better chance. In my view, it slightly tilts the odds in their favour.

People are beginning to talk about United’s Treble chances but I don’t think Sir Alex Ferguson will be thinking along those lines. It wasn’t long ago that Arsenal were being tipped to have a go at winning four trophies. What is possible and what actually happens in the end are two different things.

It has been said United haven’t been at their best this season but don’t go along with the theory that they’ve somehow muddled their way into this position.

Top of the Premier League, favourites to reach the Champions League final, an FA Cup semi-final. Every other club must wish they were that average.

United have an extremely strong squad and it takes many years to build that up properly. It’s not only about acquiring and developing the players either. When a manager like Fergie is in charge for a long time, he gets to know the players inside-out and that helps his judgment when deciding which individuals to pick for which games.

It’s unfortunate for him he won’t have Rooney next weekend. I wonder what Lord Triesman, Dave Richards and all those who listened to the parliamentary inquiry think about that.

Sir Alex Ferguson wasn’t the only one in football with an interest in the Grand National. I had That’s Rhythm in the Liverpool FC sweepstake, I liked the name until I found out it was 150-1. Not surprisingly, it fell at the first fence!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1375248/Kenny-Dalglish-The-FA-house-order-dishing-punishment.html#ixzz1J4QWtCqX
    samiz
    samiz

Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney Empty Re: Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney

Post by samiz Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 pm

Neutral get over it, Rooney got what he deserved for elbowing McCarthey anyway.

And what about that offside Berbatov goal yesterday? That was given by the FA.
    Danny
    Danny

Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney Empty Re: Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney

Post by Danny Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:04 pm

samiz wrote:Neutral get over it, Rooney got what he deserved for elbowing McCarthey anyway.

facepalm
    ArsenalAreUs
    ArsenalAreUs

Post by ArsenalAreUs Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:06 pm

He should have just been charged for swearing. Don't see anything in the rulebook that says if you swear on camera you get a ban? I hate the cunt aswell.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:24 pm

ArsenalAreUs wrote:He should have just been charged for swearing. Don't see anything in the rulebook that says if you swear on camera you get a ban? I hate the cunt aswell.

Yeah there is Laughing

You can't swear before the watershed i.e. 9pm because there is younger viewers watching.
    ArsenalAreUs
    ArsenalAreUs

Post by ArsenalAreUs Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 pm

That is TV rules Neutral. No rules like that in the FA, he never swore to anyone apart from many viewers shifty.

Anyway, he is just an angry scouser.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:29 pm

There is a rule against swearing. It's 'foul & abusive language' and the referee can take action if appropriate. However, the referee didn't see the incident, so the FA was allowed to step in.

Ironically, Rooney escaped a ban for the elbow because the referee saw the incident, so he got away with that one.

No victimisation at all. Stop crying about it, if Stevie Starfish or whatever you lot call him had done it, you'd be up in arms.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:31 pm

russell howard had a take on it forgot where it was though

Last edited by Burytilidie on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:31 pm

There is no point in fining any footballer, they will not care at all. They will just earn as much money in a weeks time anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:35 pm

samiz wrote:Neutral get over it, Rooney got what he deserved for elbowing McCarthey anyway.

That offside was so tight that it was hard to call as offside in real time, you have to be 100 percent sure and most people were still like 'Was that offside?; after watching a replay. Neutral

Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:36 pm

kyro7 wrote:

That offside was so tight that it was hard to call as offside in real time, you have to be 100 percent sure and most people were still like 'Was that offside?; after watching a replay. Neutral

Yeah, but, despite Fergie's touchline ban and Rooney's ban, we still own the FA don't we. Mustn't forget that one. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Danny wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Yeah, but, despite Fergie's touchline ban and Rooney's ban, we still own the FA don't we. Mustn't forget that one. Neutral

Only part of it, not all of it. You own all of the the referee's association though. Don't forget that.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Dan wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Only part of it, not all of it. You own all of the the referee's association though. Don't forget that.
    Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney Drogba-Offside
    Agreed.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Kuled wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Agreed.
    Careful. We scored a handball goal in that game.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Ball to hand.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:51 pm

I don't understand why everyone thinks the FA are victimising Rooney and the referees are targeting him. I mean they let him off with assaulting someone on the pitch, and im sure the FA would've done exactly the same to any other player who swore into the camera like Rooney did. Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney 894246
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Kuled wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    Danny wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:

Agreed.

Firstly, it would be too obvious to give you every decision. Secondly, as pointed out, you also benefitted from a referee as well in that game.

Would you like me to post some pictures of referee decisions that have gone your way? I'm sure everybody has a few they would like to join in with.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:53 pm

JMB_94 wrote:I don't understand why everyone thinks the FA are victimising Rooney and the referees are targeting him. I mean they let him off with assaulting someone on the pitch, and im sure the FA would've done exactly the same to any other player who swore into the camera like Rooney did. Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney 894246
    I agree that if most people done it they would have done the same thing, but let him off? it's in the rules that if a foul's been given they can't ban him. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 pm

kyro7 wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:I don't understand why everyone thinks the FA are victimising Rooney and the referees are targeting him. I mean they let him off with assaulting someone on the pitch, and im sure the FA would've done exactly the same to any other player who swore into the camera like Rooney did. Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney 894246
    I agree that if most people done it they would have done the same thing, but let him off? it's in the rules that if a foul's been given they can't ban him. Neutral
    Not like that mattered to anyone on here. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Dan wrote:There is a rule against swearing. It's 'foul & abusive language' and the referee can take action if appropriate. However, the referee didn't see the incident, so the FA was allowed to step in.

Ironically, Rooney escaped a ban for the elbow because the referee saw the incident, so he got away with that one.

No victimisation at all. Stop crying about it, if Stevie Starfish or whatever you lot call him had done it, you'd be up in arms.

get your facts straight

the reason the ban was given was because the ref said on his report, had he seen or heard rooney swear he would have sent him off. THAT THE FUCKING JOKE, so ref hears swearing all the time but does nothing so why did he say in his report if he heard rooney swear he would have sent him off!

thats why fergie said the ref was pressured into it.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Dan wrote:Firstly, it would be too obvious to give you every decision. Secondly, as pointed out, you also benefitted from a referee as well in that game.

Would you like me to post some pictures of referee decisions that have gone your way? I'm sure everybody has a few they would like to join in with.

Hmmm...so it sounds like some refereeing decisions for for us, while others go against us. Obviously a conspiracy is afoot.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:58 pm

I see no quotes in that article. facepalm

Just relised it is his own column. facepalm

Last edited by LFCJordan on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:58 pm

ViVaRooney wrote:
    Dan wrote:There is a rule against swearing. It's 'foul & abusive language' and the referee can take action if appropriate. However, the referee didn't see the incident, so the FA was allowed to step in.

get your facts straight

the reason the ban was given was because the ref said on his report, had he seen or heard rooney swear he would have sent him off. THAT THE FUCKING JOKE, so ref hears swearing all the time but does nothing so why did he say in his report if he heard rooney swear he would have sent him off!

thats why fergie said the ref was pressured into it.

My facts are straight. There is nothing wrong with what I said.

Fergie said the ref was pressured into it because Fergie likes creating this 'ABU' sense of it's us against everyone else that you all lap up so much. He's a genius with mind games and you all still fall for everything he says. He knows why Rooney was banned and probably accepts the reason, he's a smart man after all, and he's probably kept that in private. But, to create this sense of 'everyone against us' he's motivating the fans and the players with the end of the season coming.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:59 pm

LFCJordan wrote:I see no quotes in that article. facepalm
    That might be because Dalgish wrote it... Neutral
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:59 pm

LFCJordan wrote:I see no quotes in that article. facepalm

Dalglish wrote it you weapon!
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 pm

LFCJordan wrote:I see no quotes in that article. Dalglish agrees that FA are victimising United/Rooney 58503
    Maybe because it's Kenny Dalglish that wrote the Article? Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Dan wrote:Firstly, it would be too obvious to give you every decision. Secondly, as pointed out, you also benefitted from a referee as well in that game.

Hmmm...so it sounds like some refereeing decisions for for us, while others go against us. Obviously a conspiracy is afoot.

I'd say it's pretty much fact you get the rub of the green more often than not, especially at Old Trafford.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 pm

kyro7 wrote:

Not saying the FA should've took action on that one. The ref saw what he did yet let him off without even booking him.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Dan wrote:

I'd say it's pretty much fact you get the rub of the green more often than not, especially at Old Trafford.
    Oh no. Not like any other big clubs get some dodgy decisions going their way. Run
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:07 pm

It was a conspiracy when Berbatov got that penalty in the thrid round of the FA cup. Not a penalty.
    It was a conspiracy when Mendes scored from the half way line, only for the United keeper to fuck up, the ball a few yards behind the line and no goal was given.
    It was a conspiracy when Mascherano got sent off for nothing at OT a few years ago.
    It was a conspiracy when Rooney didn't get sent off for Elbowing McCarthy.
    It was a conspiracy when Owen scored in the sixth minute of extra time against City, when only 3-4 minutes where given.

List goes on ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:16 pm