Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Kuled
Zzonked
LFC_Grunners
moscowmadeit3
coolhead33
Uncle John from Jamaica
10 posters

The FA are a joke. Let's do something about it.

Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

The FA are a joke. Let's do something about it. - Page 2 Empty Re: The FA are a joke. Let's do something about it.

Post by Grenade Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:04 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:1)Rio Ferdinand was banned for 8 months for missing a drugs test - Adrian Mutu failed a drugs test and received a 7 month ban
    2)Eric Cantona received the longest ban of any Premier League player for violent conduct
    3)Ferguson received a 5 game ban a few weeks ago, unprecedented
    4)Rooney will soon be punished for foul and abusive language, a rule the FA never enforces for any other player/team
    5)Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes were handed 3 game bans in the League for red cards in a pre-season tournament in 2006/07. 12 months later Liverpool's Steven Gerrard was sent off in the same pre season tournament and received no domestic suspension.

1) Abel Xavier was banned for 15 months for taking performance enhancing drugs.
    2) Fully deserved. How you can have any complaints is beyond me.
    3) Because he already had a 'suspended' ban. That was still there, and therefore he got a longer ban than usual. His own fault.
    4) Because nobody has sworn directly at a camera in front of an audience at midday in front of millions.
    5) That was because Gerrard's was rescinded I believe.

1) The FA didn't impose that ban
    2) Do you think that was a fair punishment?
    3) It remains an extremely long ban
    4) There is no offence of swearing at a TV camera. The offence is using foul and abusive language, other players do it all the time, and are not punished. There is nothing in the rules about television cameras in relation to anything Rooney did, players often break that rule, Rooney is the only player to be called up for it
    5) LOL, no it wasn't, it was blatant violent conduct. European Associations do not rescind red cards, it is against FIFA regulations except in cases of mistaken identity - the FA are the only organisation which do not obey this FIFA regulation.

1) The FA do not soley ban the player, FIFA/UEFA and some drugs people also are involved.
    2) No. He should have been locked up for it.
    3) Regardless, he knew the punishment, yet still committed the 'crime'.
    4) However, that is of the opinion of the referee, in terms of what happens on the field of play. They can choose to hand out a punishment for 'foul and abusive language' if they choose to take that action. However, no action was taken by the referee and the FA are allowed to step in in that case. Similarly, Rooney got off with a blatant elbow because of the FA's rules about not interfering with a referee's decision. The FA stuck well within the rules with this one.
    5) LOL, I said I think because I wasn't sure. Are you referring to the game against Galatasary in 2002 or 2003? Because there was a rule change about suspensions and friendlies a year or so later.

1) The FA had nothing to do with that punishment, it was UEFA
    2) I don't think the FA have the authority to imprison players. Do you seriously think his footballing punishment was fair?
    3) You seriously think that a 5 game ban was a fair punishment, even taking into account the 2 game suspended punishment?
    4) There are hundreds of incidents of swearing every week, and the FA choose to punish this particular one. It sounds pretty unfair to me.
    5) You are clueless. It was 2007, this was obvious if you read my post.

1) He said Fifa/Uefa meaning either one.
    2) The police do and they were also involved in it. He could have easily
    killed the person a 1 year ban was rediculous he should have got banned
    for life. If you really think a 1 year ban was justified or too harsh
    then The FA are a joke. Let's do something about it. - Page 2 58503
    3) lol!
    4)This one was deliberate and in the match aswell. Could have got away with it but you cant complain either way.
    5)Please do not call Dan clueless.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

The FA are a joke. Let's do something about it. - Page 2 Empty Re: The FA are a joke. Let's do something about it.

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:12 am

grenade187 wrote:
    1) He said Fifa/Uefa meaning either one.
    2) The police do and they were also involved in it. He could have easily killed the person a 1 year ban was rediculous he should have got banned for life. If you really think a 1 year ban was justified or too harsh then The FA are a joke. Let's do something about it. - Page 2 58503
    3) lol!
    4)This one was deliberate and in the match aswell. Could have got away with it but you cant complain either way.
    5)Please do not call Dan clueless.

1) The decision UEFA made re: drugs is totally separate from the FA's decision
    2) The police were involved, but again, this has nothing to do with the FA's decision. There is no legal offence of 'could easily have killed someone', he didn't intend to kill him, he didn't kill him, and he didn't commit ABH or GBH, it's common assault. I think the ban he received was fair.
    4) It seems a bit unfair that the FA pick and choose when to punish clubs.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:19 am