Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Barton
El Jefe
Marvin
Lux
Mal
Danny
Zzonked
Ben
Mr. Hassard
Ricardo
Pippo
dena
blackskar
Walcott
Mouse
Hernandez_14
Jordi
Gegilworld93
Kuled
Drake
24 posters

Gareth Barry named England captain v Ghana.

blackskar
    blackskar

Gareth Barry named England captain v Ghana. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Barry named England captain v Ghana.

Post by blackskar Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 am

Huddlestones just coming back from injury I think.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Gareth Barry named England captain v Ghana. - Page 2 Empty Re: Gareth Barry named England captain v Ghana.

Post by Marvin Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 am

Simply no reason as to why Barry is in the squad. Even Joey fucking Barton has been better.

Kinda pointless to have him in there too considering his future for England is pretty much dead. Might as well give someone else a go.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:05 am

Marvin wrote:Simply no reason as to why Barry is in the squad. Even Joey fucking Barton has been better.

Kinda pointless to have him in there too considering his future for England is pretty much dead. Might as well give someone else a go.

As captain? or in a starting role..

Anyway, the point that I'm trying to make here is not whether Barry should be in the squad or not, it's more of, why are you guys making such a big deal about who is captain for a meaningless game, the fact that Carrol and Wilshere and maybe Jarvis will start seems like a much bigger story. Whoever is picked as captain for England, there will be a large % of people who are agaisnt it, either for private issues (Cole shooting people, Gerrard beating up DJs, whatever) or playing ability, but if it's just for ONE game, who cares confused
    El Jefe
    El Jefe

Formerly known as : Jay
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

Post by El Jefe Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:05 am

Shouldn't even start, never-mind be the captain Laughing
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:07 am

Should give it to Parker, he made Cole cry with his half time team talk the other week
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:10 am

dena wrote:
    Marvin wrote:Simply no reason as to why Barry is in the squad. Even Joey fucking Barton has been better.

As captain? or in a starting role..

Anyway, the point that I'm trying to make here is not whether Barry should be in the squad or not, it's more of, why are you guys making such a big deal about who is captain for a meaningless game, the fact that Carrol and Wilshere and maybe Jarvis will start seems like a much bigger story. Whoever is picked as captain for England, there will be a large % of people who are agaisnt it, either for private issues (Cole shooting people, Gerrard beating up DJs, whatever) or playing ability, but if it's just for ONE game, who cares confused
    Starting role I meant, my bad. Maybe even a debutant.

Dunno bout everyone else, but I was just moaning about him being in the team. Makes sense that he was picked as captain and it doesn't really bother me.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:13 am

Mr. Hassard wrote:
    Ben wrote:Nah I wouldn't give it to Wilshere. A player that inexperienced should just be focussing on his game without having the added pressure of being captain.

Hart wouldn't have been a bad choice? I'm not sure whether it's a good decision or not to have Barry as captain for this game as we haven't seen the line-up yet.

Fair enough, but it would have been good for him to get a bit of experience in the role as it would do him good for the future. But you have recommended Hart there, and he is sort've in the same boat as Wilshere. Top quality youngsters, but inexperienced.

I'd say Hart is a bit different to Wilshere. He's far more experienced and it's fair to say he's established as the 1st choice keeper now anyway. Plus it's arguably less pressure being the captain as a goalkeeper.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:16 am

Ben wrote:
    Mr. Hassard wrote:
    Ben wrote:Nah I wouldn't give it to Wilshere. A player that inexperienced should just be focussing on his game without having the added pressure of being captain.

Hart wouldn't have been a bad choice? I'm not sure whether it's a good decision or not to have Barry as captain for this game as we haven't seen the line-up yet.

Fair enough, but it would have been good for him to get a bit of experience in the role as it would do him good for the future. But you have recommended Hart there, and he is sort've in the same boat as Wilshere. Top quality youngsters, but inexperienced.

I'd say Hart is a bit different to Wilshere. He's far more experienced and it's fair to say he's established as the 1st choice keeper now anyway. Plus it's arguably less pressure being the captain as a goalkeeper.

England keepers have enough pressure as it is. If they make a mistake they get absolutely chastised. No point in putting extra pressure on him.
    Mr. Hassard
    Mr. Hassard

Supports : Blackburn Rovers, Coleraine & Rangers

Post by Mr. Hassard Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:26 am

Ben wrote:
    Mr. Hassard wrote:

They are both experienced for their clubs as they are regular players, but are relatively inexperienced at international level. Although i must admit that Hart has slightly more experience as he is the first choice goalkeeper. But i agree with what another user said, England goalkeepers have enough pressure, even the older ones, on them already as they know one mistake could destroy their national career. Never mind a young 20 year old.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:27 am

Too those who are saying Wilshere should be the captin, i think he is too young and inexperienced. Yes i know this is only a one off friendly, but he should be focusing on his development rather than being a leader on the pitch.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:40 am

Mal wrote:Gareth Barry wasn't even good enough for the bench on Saturday. Neutral

Even Cashley could of been captain if he plays.. Neutral

Barry only has 45 caps.

Cole was dropped out of the squad I think. With the current players Barry is one of the most capped or the most capped not sure but I personally think it was a good choice. Imo football ability does not matter aslong as your starting you could be captain and have good leadership.

Wilshere being captain is a rediculous idea like he isnt under enough pressure already. Cappello saying the game against Wales was "average" for Wilshere did not help either it will make him try too hard and start fucking up.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:43 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Ben wrote:
    Mr. Hassard wrote:

England keepers have enough pressure as it is. If they make a mistake they get absolutely chastised. No point in putting extra pressure on him.

Mr. Hassard wrote:
    Ben wrote:
    Mr. Hassard wrote:

They are both experienced for their clubs as they are regular players, but are relatively inexperienced at international level. Although i must admit that Hart has slightly more experience as he is the first choice goalkeeper. But i agree with what another user said, England goalkeepers have enough pressure, even the older ones, on them already as they know one mistake could destroy their national career. Never mind a young 20 year old.

Yeah I agree, but I don't think the added responsibility of being captain would have as much effect on them. It doesn't matter anyway, I was just using an example.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:04 am

Gareth Barry named England captain v Ghana. - Page 2 UV6R0
    Fuck Barry.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:15 am

He shouldn't even be in the squad let alone captain
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:19 am

http://twitter.com/RichardKingson/status/52423803493548032
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:58 am

I'd have given it to Parker. Neutral
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:20 am

43 - Captain Gareth Barry completed 43 of his 44 passes in the first half v Ghana. Leadership.

Haters, dey gon' hate.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 am

He's having a very decent game to be fair!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 am

Yeah he's played well today, still think he's shit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:41 am

He's had a 100% record as England captain so far. The best record of any England captain ever.

Should be permanent going off that stat.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:43 am

Dan wrote:He's had a 100% record as England captain so far. The best record of any England captain ever.

Laughing

He's had a good game, bet he plays terrible as soon as he's not captain anymore. Tried an overhead kick as I typed that. Surprised

This whole teams been good bar a few. I'd definitely keep Cahill in the team, drop Downing though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:44 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Dan wrote:He's had a 100% record as England captain so far. The best record of any England captain ever.

Laughing

He's had a good game, bet he plays terrible as soon as he's not captain anymore. Tried an overhead kick as I typed that. Surprised

This whole teams been good bar a few. I'd definitely keep Cahill in the team, drop Downing though.
    Leave Downing alone, he's done alright. -_-
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

Laughing

Leave Downing alone, he's done alright. -_-

We've got better wingers.

He got MotM? He gave 2 passes which could have resulted in opposition goals. sick
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:51 am

Shit captain. Drop him.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:40 pm