Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Carlos Jenkinson
Fanatic
menalawyerguy
SBSP
Torresxvilla
Kris
Dean
Zzonked
Lux
North_Sea_Tiger
Cadbury
dena
Trig
luke.
Theo Filippo
19 posters

'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth?

Poll

?

[ 7 ]
    'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth? Bar_left30%'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth? Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 16 ]
    'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth? Bar_left70%'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth? Bar_right [70%] 

Total Votes: 23
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth? Empty 'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth?

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 am

After watching many games from Serie A in the last few weeks there has been some entertaining games such as Cesena 2 - 2 Juventus & Parma 1 - 3 Napoli, now according to some its boring to watch (coming from ignorant people who have never watched serie A) most players even at cesena are technically adapt to playing from the back and bringing the ball forward. Compare this to the premier league and watch people like shawcross and the bulgarian beastifier (petrov) punt balls into strikers route 1 style, this is apparantly more thrilling and exciting to watch.

So is 'Boring Serie A' a myth?
    luke.
    luke.

'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth? Empty Re: 'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth?

Post by luke. Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:15 am

You can't come to a factual conclusion on this.

People will always have conflicting opinions, as they have different views on what they like and don't like.

Some find it entertaining, some find it boring, some don't watch it.

Also, it's not all about the style of football played, it's about the intensity, spirit, passion, etc.

For me, it depends, some games are really dull, like Milan vs Juve recently, others are pretty intense.
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth? Empty Re: 'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth?

Post by Trig Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:17 am

I happen to like Serie A quite a bit, every league brings something different and unique. Though i will be the first to say the Prem is the best league.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:18 am

As football fans who have watched hours of games from various different competitions I think we can all agree that some games are boring, and some games are not. To generalize a league/competition as one or the other is dumb. Boom, debate settled. Neutral
    Trig
    Trig

Formerly known as : And0TheGr8

Post by Trig Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:19 am

dena wrote:As football fans who have watched hours of games from various different competitions I think we can all agree that some games are boring, and some games are not. To generalize a league/competition as one or the other is dumb. Boom, debate settled. Neutral

Nailed it.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:19 am

dena wrote:As football fans who have watched hours of games from various different competitions I think we can all agree that some games are boring, and some games are not. To generalize a league/competition as one or the other is dumb. Boom, debate settled. Neutral

Serie A is all boring though. Mischief

not
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:20 am

I've been watching lots of different leagues this year and italian football is not boring. Great teams & players.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:28 am

I just don't like the Itallian league. It's just... hard to explain.

SPL is boring though.

I'm going to go before I get bottled by some angry Scotts shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 am

Can't say I watch enough of it to say. I only watch the big teams occasionally (I.E. Both Milan's sometimes Juve)
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Supports : The Famous Glasgow Rangers

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:31 am

I used too think it was boring and slow but I must admit teams like Napoli & Udinese have been a breath of fresh air. They are very entertaining teams to watch
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:33 am

Bogdan wrote:Can't say I watch enough of it to say. I only watch the big teams occasionally (I.E. Both Milan's sometimes Juve)
    This is what probably creates this perception of Serie A, they presume because that game was shit all the teams lower down dont try to play either Neutral
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 am

1. Name a handful of apparently entertaining games in weeks.
    2. Compare to ignorantly branded "rubbish" Premier League players/tactics which even if they were true (which they aren't) would only be used by a moron to stereotype all of the Premier League.
    3. Use this stupidity to prove a point.
    4. Profit?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:40 am

Luxz0rz wrote:1. Name a handful of apparently entertaining games in weeks.
    2. Compare to ignorantly branded "rubbish" Premier League players/tactics which even if they were true (which they aren't) would only be used by a moron to stereotype all of the Premier League.
    3. Use this stupidity to prove a point.
    4. Profit?
    1. Yes?
    2. The same can be said for serie a - every team plays for a 0 - 0
    3. My point has been proved 'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth? 914411
    4. A quid Neutral
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 am

I don't think it's boring, but it's possible it's less interesting than the other big leagues.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:52 am

No it's not a myth. I find Serie A boring to watch.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:53 am

Not voting on this one. Would actually like to see some Serie A matches regularly (not only the big teams), so I could make a qualified statement

/Kris out
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:07 am

EdinsonCavani wrote:1. Yes?
    2. The same can be said for serie a - every team plays for a 0 - 0
    3. My point has been proved 'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth? 914411
    4. A quid Neutral

1. If people generally think that Serie A is boring that means there can't be ANY entertaining (in your opinion) games? Don't take it too literally....but if you've got to back a few weeks to think of good games then it's hardly that great...hmmm?

2. Obviously not every team plays for a 0-0, that doesn't mean that the way teams go about their game is entertaining though.

3. That you use stupid points to make points? That's been proven, sure.

I don't watch Serie A much, but I have and I just can't watch it. I'm rarely that entertained by La Liga...even the Premier League/Championship some times....but English football is my home and there's something extra to it.....maybe on a personal level....imo also to do with the footballing culture too.....I'm just not that into Italian football.

A bit beside the point but you're saying "Shawcross is dumb hoofer so Premier League is boring compared to pro Italian defenders who play up the pitch". For a start playing it up the pitch all game can be EXTREMELY boring. Usually as if enough chances are created then that makes up for slow build-up play....but Italian football doesn't promise that..nothing could happen for ages and play will still be slow. Honestly I think Mancini has brought this mentality to City....especially in the games against bigger teams. It's not about wanting to draw...it's just the stubbornness to play a certain way even if on that day it's slow, boring and creates no chances.

In the end, even if Championship football lacks the same level of technical ability...it can still easily be more entertaining. Quality, technically gifted players playing end-to-end football packed with lots of drama and chances against worthy opponents is a dream match for me.....but that's not usually going to happen....but even if it doesn't I still know that I'll get part of it. If the game lacks quality...there will still be lots of chances in a scrappy encounter...I honestly REALLY prefer that to the style of play Swansea are being praised for.....which I should say is that they play technical, slow and boring passing football. Against Watford they were passing it around the defence almost all game and it was terrible.
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:18 am

As Luke said, what is boring for me may be different from every person.

So there is actually no way to prove if the Serie A is boring. Some people like watching the way Barcelona pass the ball, yet others say that they are boring. Others like the strategy and defense of the Serie A yet some also think that it is not 'entertaining'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 am

of course it's a myth. People think because it is slower paced it is more boring. It's the farthest from the truth. I've withold my opinion through the years that Serie A is the most entertaining league in Europe, and feel sorry for the people who ignore it based on silly myths and rumors.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:36 am

Oh yah and thus.

Borefests happen in every league. Entertaining games occur in ever league. No denying that.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:44 am

polska. wrote:of course it's a myth. People think because it is slower paced it is more boring. It's the farthest from the truth. I've withold my opinion through the years that Serie A is the most entertaining league in Europe, and feel sorry for the people who ignore it based on silly myths and rumors.

How can you say people are basing it on silly myths when you yourself say that Serie A is slower paced.

If that's the reason why people find it boring...then you can't call it a silly rumour when you yourself say it's true.

You might think Serie A is the most entertaining, but that doesn't give you a right to feel sorry for us when you're opinion isn't greater. Confused
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:46 am

Luxz0rz wrote:
    polska. wrote:of course it's a myth. People think because it is slower paced it is more boring. It's the farthest from the truth. I've withold my opinion through the years that Serie A is the most entertaining league in Europe, and feel sorry for the people who ignore it based on silly myths and rumors.

How can you say people are basing it on silly myths when you yourself say that Serie A is slower paced.

If that's the reason why people find it boring...then you can't call it a silly rumour when you yourself say it's true.

You might think Serie A is the most entertaining, but that doesn't give you a right to feel sorry for us when you're opinion isn't greater. 'Serie A is boring to watch' - Is this a myth? 894246
    Silly myths that it is boring because it is slower paced.

I meant as in I feel sorry for the people missing out on Serie A because they give in to the myth of Slower Paced = Boring without having watched many matches themselves.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:28 pm

polska. wrote:Silly myths that it is boring because it is slower paced.

I meant as in I feel sorry for the people missing out on Serie A because they give in to the myth of Slower Paced = Boring without having watched many matches themselves.

Well for me slow play is the ultimate boredom of football, and that is not a myth that's my opinion.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:31 pm

TBF Lux finds Barcelona boring, so what hope is there for Serie A. lol!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Since boredom is a subjective feeling, it can't be a fact that Serie A is boring or not.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:38 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Since boredom is a subjective feeling, it can't be a fact that Serie A is boring or not.

True, but there are certain matters of opinion that we can form a consensus on. For example, all straight guys can agree that titties are awesome. Also, every red blooded human being under the sun aside from the idiots who voted on the 1991 Oscars agrees that Goodfellas was about 10,000 times better than Dances With Wolves.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:47 pm

i have the capability of watch all epl games and generally i watch a lot whenever serie a is not on but i always seem to find a pattern, big black defenders and english "warriors" punting the ball like a rugby clearance

sometimes im even yelling to the tv, why those player so impatient, why they dont pass it to a midfielder, why is it always smashed 50 metres. i can only ever enjoyingw atching big teams player because they have many good players but i just cannot force myself to not say bad words when i watch those stoke teams and wolverhampton. it is not entertainment for me, i can watch a game wiht no shots at goal but as long as the team is connecting passes and recycling possession i will like it, but when i watch those longballs, its just pure dumb football

im italian anyway so i will always enjoy serie a, but ialso like la liga and bundesliga, i used to watch ligue 1 all the time until they stopped showing it and that is a league with least goals scored in entire europe but the technique and magician player is nice to watch. i also watch copa libertadores when i have nothing else to do and its always nice to watch. i watch some local a-league to but not all the time, quality is not great but is still OK. its just those bottom and midtable epl clubs i havbe no enjoyment watching them play aerial ping pong. those clubs so revolved around money and "surviving the drop" that they try to win by any means which mostly equate to long balls, "tough" player etc
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:29 pm

Problem is, 'slow' is not a good adjective to describe Serie A "slower" when used to compare to other leagues is alright to me, but slow... no. Goals are a tough thing to judge anything on, but when you look at attacking moves, and goals, and things like that, how can you call it slow.

That goal took incredible speed of mind, feet, and play. I just can't see how some can generalize.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:46 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Since boredom is a subjective feeling, it can't be a fact that Serie A is boring or not.

Who cares? Anyone who came into this thread trying to find facts is deluded.....of course whether it's boring or not is subjective....

My opinion is good enough for me...there's no facts to be found in this so it'll have to do.

Obviously not every Serie A game is boring, but this is a generalisation.....and generalisations are useful. Point of it is is that when you watch a Serie A match you're more likely to be bored than if you watch a Premier League game etc etc (in our opinion)

SBSP wrote:TBF Lux finds Barcelona boring, so what hope is there for Serie A. lol!

I blame Barcelona but it depends on who they are playing and the score line.

If Barcelona are winning and don't want to risk loss/draw = boring.
    If Barcelona are winning and the other team are just failures = lots of goals which is action enough but one sided so disappointing.
    If Barcelona are are losing/drawing to a good side who can keep possession/are dangerous on counter attack = exciting game full of chances and unpredictability.
    If Barcelona are losing/drawing to a side who can't keep possession/have no attacking threat and are pinned in their box = eventually Barcelona are likely to win and there's chances but there's no contest and Barcelona can at times be slow.

Last edited by Luxz0rz on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:46 pm

@ dena, Where are the fans?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:23 pm