Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+35
Mason
Muhkoo
Demoz
Zzonked
Cameron.
Grenade
Schnix
Roloman4
Laurencio
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
fluffy_kittens
Dink
Potato-7
ayvee1
Coatsy
Bushido
Cornholio
SBSP
Mario
El_indian
Carlos Jenkinson
Cadbury
blackskar
menalawyerguy
Ben
Jamie
Lux
Royal
luke.
dena
Sean
Danny
Scuba Steve
Kuled
Drake
39 posters

Are Barca boring to watch?

Poll

Is Barca boring?

[ 24 ]
    Are Barca boring to watch? - Page 3 Bar_left41%Are Barca boring to watch? - Page 3 Bar_right [41%] 
    [ 35 ]
    Are Barca boring to watch? - Page 3 Bar_left59%Are Barca boring to watch? - Page 3 Bar_right [59%] 

Total Votes: 59
    Anonymous

Are Barca boring to watch? - Page 3 Empty Re: Are Barca boring to watch?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:23 pm

SBSP wrote:The game was awful, but it was NOT boring. The foul play going on was what ruined it.

As well as the diving and referee crowding from both teams.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:52 pm

I classified that with foul play. shifty
    Schnix
    Schnix

Supports : AS Roma, AC Siena, any Bundesliga club but Bayern

Post by Schnix Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:23 pm

i've seen more boring teams than barca, but barca is more boring than attractive IMO

barca are just predictable thats all. i think thats why most ppl find them boring. the whole world knows how they play. doesnt make it easier to play against them though

they make slow unambitious passes at their end of the pitch, wait patiently for the opposition to press. then they increase the tempo and attack. they complain when other teams don't press, but naturally, standing off is a football tactic in itself facepalm so what's the problem?

just look at the second half yesterday. there was one instance where busquets was dribbling backwards towards his own goal, making 3 successive exchanges with pique while doing so. where's the branded attractive creative football in this? where's the tactics? there was no danger whatsoever to the barcelona backline

i assume everyone knows how the false 9 tactic works? barcelona is essentially that but every player is doing it
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:38 pm

Schnix wrote:i've seen more boring teams than barca, but barca is more boring than attractive IMO

barca are just predictable thats all. i think thats why most ppl find them boring. the whole world knows how they play. doesnt make it easier to play against them though

they make slow unambitious passes at their end of the pitch, wait patiently for the opposition to press. then they increase the tempo and attack. they complain when other teams don't press, but naturally, standing off is a football tactic in itself facepalm so what's the problem?

just look at the second half yesterday. there was one instance where busquets was dribbling backwards towards his own goal, making 3 successive exchanges with pique while doing so. where's the branded attractive creative football in this? where's the tactics? there was no danger whatsoever to the barcelona backline

i assume everyone knows how the false 9 tactic works? barcelona is essentially that but every player is doing it

seeing the discipline it takes for every player to know the plan instead of just hoofing it makes me admire the more tbh. They stick to their guns.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:42 pm

the busquets 1-2's with pique was brilliant imo, think they were just taunting madrid to come press them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Barca not boring to watch, but that game last night wasn't the best.. thankfully Messi sprinkled some magic on it.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Barcelona and Spain are boring to watch when their opponents just park the bus on them and send thugs out to assault their midfielders and forwards. But when teams actually try to play against them, they're the most amazing and entertaining team ever.

As for last night, that was shit. The game was a shitty pile of monkey cunt licking baboon anus fucking abomination of a mother fucking embarrassment. And it was mostly Real Madrid's fault. But Barca is not innocent either. The thing that Barca do to add to the frustration (aside from excessive and obvious play acting) is the way that they send a horde of players at the referee after every incident, like a pack of hyenas attacking wounded prey.
    Potato-7
    Potato-7

Supports : Olympiakos

Post by Potato-7 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:15 pm

menalawyerguy wrote:Barcelona and Spain are boring to watch when their opponents just park the bus on them and send thugs out to assault their midfielders and forwards. But when teams actually try to play against them, they're the most amazing and entertaining team ever.

As for last night, that was shit. The game was a shitty pile of monkey cunt licking baboon anus fucking abomination of a mother fucking embarrassment. And it was mostly Real Madrid's fault. But Barca is not innocent either. The thing that Barca do to add to the frustration (aside from excessive and obvious play acting) is the way that they send a horde of players at the referee after every incident, like a pack of hyenas attacking wounded prey.
    Laughing
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:10 am

They are not booring but nowhere near as entertaining as people make them out to be. They have started to annoy me now with all this diving and raping the ref shit.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat May 28, 2011 5:54 am

Barcelona will be boring tomorrow again Awesome Face
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Sat May 28, 2011 5:55 am

Kuled wrote:Barcelona will be boring tomorrow again Awesome Face

That comment's going to get facepalm tomorrow Laughing
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat May 28, 2011 5:56 am

It will get a not worthy
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat May 28, 2011 5:57 am

Them being boring or not boring has nothing to do with what the final result will be so why would that comment get anything?
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Sat May 28, 2011 6:01 am

Zzonked wrote:Them being boring or not boring has nothing to do with what the final result will be so why would that comment get anything?

Because there going to light up the pitch with there electric football, before putting us to the sword with the weapon that is Messi.

/Ray Hudson.
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Sat May 28, 2011 6:04 am

Ray Hudson is a tool
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Sat May 28, 2011 6:05 am

I love watching Barca amazing team and i have never got bored watching them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2011 6:05 am

Pilkz wrote:I love watching Barca amazing team and i have never got bored watching them.

agree
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Sat May 28, 2011 6:08 am

I
    Voted
    Yes!
    Which may be insane because of my team allegiance. It's hard to explain but i guess for me to be interested enough i have to feel something for it and Barca is just... meh..
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Sat May 28, 2011 6:09 am

I love watching Barcelona, how they move and pass the ball is brilliant. There's no other team like them, when they've got a ball at their feet they're a different quality from everyone else. Barcelona have a midfield which supports how they play, Xavi and Ineista are two of the best passers in the world, people tend to forget how important and pivotal they are to how Barcelona play, they're the backbone of the team, Xavi completed 599 passes last year in the World Cup the most by a player at a World Cup since 1966, he would get into any single nation & team in the world. He's just fucking quality.
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Sat May 28, 2011 6:19 am

i do love watching Barca, but I hate all this diving and crap. They'd still beat pretty much everyone without cheating so why bother?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2011 6:24 am

A team with some of the best individual and team players on the planet. A team that every week provides football with the best passing, movement and skill off and on the ball in the world. I just can't be bored of this side. They play football to win of course but playing with their style and sticking to it and managing to win trophies and set new records year after year is phenomenal.

SussexByTheSea
    SussexByTheSea

Supports : Brighton and Hove Albion

Post by SussexByTheSea Sat May 28, 2011 7:38 am

In simple terms, Yes.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun May 29, 2011 9:16 am

No.
    North_Sea_Tiger
    North_Sea_Tiger

Supports : The Famous Glasgow Rangers

Post by North_Sea_Tiger Sun May 29, 2011 2:55 pm

Youd prefer watchin a long ball team in disguise. All Tottenham do is lump it up to Crouch for knockdowns.

Barca are the best team to watch (PERIOD)
    Kaka11|LFC
    Kaka11|LFC

Post by Kaka11|LFC Sun May 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Kuled wrote:Barcelona will be boring tomorrow again Are Barca boring to watch? - Page 3 781738
    Are Barca boring to watch? - Page 3 58503

Barca destroyed you and did it in style. cheers
    blackskar
    blackskar

Post by blackskar Sun May 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Not last night, no.

Sometimes they can be. Is worse with Spain though
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Sun May 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Liverpool wrote:I love watching Barcelona, how they move and pass the ball is brilliant. There's no other team like them, when they've got a ball at their feet they're a different quality from everyone else. Barcelona have a midfield which supports how they play, Xavi and Ineista are two of the best passers in the world, people tend to forget how important and pivotal they are to how Barcelona play, they're the backbone of the team, Xavi completed 599 passes last year in the World Cup the most by a player at a World Cup since 1966, he would get into any single nation & team in the world. He's just fucking quality.

Controversial opinion there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Watching Barcelona play football gives me a hard on. Simples
    easley91
    easley91

Supports : Tottenham, Crawley, Lesnar, Brewster, Coppell

Post by easley91 Sun May 29, 2011 10:05 pm

North_Sea_Tiger wrote:Youd prefer watchin a long ball team in disguise. All Tottenham do is lump it up to Crouch for knockdowns.

Barca are the best team to watch (PERIOD)

You obviously don't watch us for 90 minutes every game. We do a lot more than just lump it to Crouch. We pass and move, not as good as Barca, but we play some nice football.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun May 29, 2011 10:15 pm

When Barcelona put the pressure on they're a great team to watch because of the penetrating passes and dribbles are just unbelievable.

But the general possession element of the game isn't usually entertaining. At first when Man Utd were putting them under a lot of pressure and getting the ball of them.....that was interesting as their was competition......but soon it was all Barcelona for most of the game and the predictability of it is itself a killer.

If any team could really match them for possession, or at least put them under really effective pressure in possession......then it would be a very entertaining match. Barcelona can be entertaining....it's arguably down to the opponent to match them otherwise you can't expect Barcelona to play worst to make it entertaining.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:23 pm