Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Sean
LeBron
Jamie
Barton
luke.
9 posters

Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL?

Anonymous

Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL? Empty Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:40 am

Group Stages

With the excpetion of Tottenham.

Discuss.
    luke.
    luke.

Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL? Empty Re: Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL?

Post by luke. Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:41 am

Because it's the group stages Neutral
    Anonymous

Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL? Empty Re: Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:42 am

Because it's the group stages. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:44 am

red card
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:45 am

19Jones19v wrote: red card

INIT MAN, ARSENAL HAVE THE BESTEST GOALS SCORED EVER, BORING? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTED.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:50 am

The reason it seems boring to you is because Arsenal, Chelsea and United are not knew to the competition. They know what they have to do to go through without being all over the papers.

Only reason Tottenham's games have been "Exciting" is because they're a little fish in a big pond and swimming all over the place trying to get attention. I guarantee if Spurs qualify to the knockouts and they face one of the regular teams (Not the big boys), but the Marseille's, Valencia's, Panathinaikos, Shakthar's they go out in the first round. Neutral

Last edited by 19Jones19v on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:50 am

Because Liverpool aren't there. We always made it entertaining in Europe.. Coffee
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:56 am

I hardly ever watch Champions League group stage matches, they're usually rather dull. Although Spurs have had some cracking games, so i wouldn't say they've been boring to watch. Neutral

Last edited by JMB_94 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:57 am

Because they play anti-football. Neutral
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:01 am

United have had the msot boring games by far, if your having trouble sleeping at night just put on a Man United Champions League group stage macth and you'll be out in 2 minutes. Sleep
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:03 am

Typical English.
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:04 am

Dan wrote:Because Liverpool aren't there. We always made it entertaining in Europe.. Coffee

I suppose you did bring us something to giggle at.
    Barton

Post by Barton Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:05 am

Pixie wrote:
    Dan wrote:Because Liverpool aren't there. We always made it entertaining in Europe.. Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL? 28973

I actually most enjoyed watching Liverpool in the Champions League, back when they were in it obviously, so i agree with that statement. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:07 am

Pixie wrote:
    Dan wrote:Because Liverpool aren't there. We always made it entertaining in Europe.. Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL? 28973

Yep, wins over Inter Milan, Juventus, AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc. gave you plenty of giggles I'm sure.. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:14 am

You're actually right. Liverpool were always great to watch in the CL, whether it be Group Stage, Semi Finals or even the Final.

Even sitting at home watching on TV, i'd get goosebumps when you sing You'll never Walk Alone.

I miss Rafa Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:20 am

Because they are English.

shifty

lol!

It's because as said, they are regulars, while Spurs aren't. They aren't putting any effort in really, testing out their youngsters and all. English CL teams treat the group stages as a second rate competition and put reserves and youth's on it.

Spurs are however in a different situation.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:36 am

I know it's the EL but I am watching the Man City game and I must say Lech Poznan are all over them
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:03 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:I know it's the EL but I am watching the Man City game and I must say Lech Poznan are all over them

It's Lech Poznan. It's a Polish side.

Don't be ridiculous.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:07 am

Because the English sides are much better than the teams there in a group with and so rarely need to get out of 2nd Gear
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:09 am

(polskaGOLA) wrote:
    Jelavic18|RFC wrote:I know it's the EL but I am watching the Man City game and I must say Lech Poznan are all over them

It's Lech Poznan. It's a Polish side.

Don't be ridiculous.

I'm being deadly serious Neutral
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:46 am

Just too good.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:48 am

It's the group stages, it's all just a bit routine. Last time United had a struggle was 2006-2007, and that was only because we couldn't score at Copenhagen or Celtic. And then we pushed on from there, 7-1 against Roma, 3-2 v Milan Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL? 158228
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:48 am

Danny B wrote:It's the group stages, it's all just a bit routine. Last time United had a struggle was 2006-2007, and that was only because we couldn't score at Copenhagen or Celtic.

Exactly, the other three never have to actually get out of second gear really.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:50 am

BenSmith wrote:
    Danny B wrote:It's the group stages, it's all just a bit routine. Last time United had a struggle was 2006-2007, and that was only because we couldn't score at Copenhagen or Celtic.

Exactly, the other three never have to actually get out of second gear really.

Yeah, it pretty much is, turn up, win, concentrate on your next league game with half an hour of the CL game still to go. The likes of Barca, Inter, Real, United etc... it's easy. That's why the group stages don't excite, same at the WC/Euros (usually).
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:27 am

Why are English teams so boring to watch in the CL? X610

I'll tell you one thing Arsenal aint boring when you have Bendtner playing!
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:57 am

He sucks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:14 am

Its so boring thumping teams 4-0.

bVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Because apart from Spurs, none of the English teams have any "diffucult" opponents to tackle so tend to take it easy and field a few new faces and try not to pick up any injury's whilst doing so as they know they will qualify anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:19 pm