Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Roloman4
SBSP
Demoz
Torresxvilla
Dean
dena
Drake
Jamie
Uncle John from Jamaica
Cornholio
luke.
Jord
Barton
ayvee1
Sean
Kaka11|LFC
20 posters

Ronaldinho in his prime

Cornholio
    Cornholio

Ronaldinho in his prime - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldinho in his prime

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:47 am

Milan knew what they were doing. Don't make them out to be idiots. The shirt sales would have been enough to sign him even if he had no legs.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:47 am

I still think he's one of the all time greats, he'll definately be remembered as such. Just not as high as he would have been if he'd been in his prime for longer - same as Kaka.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:49 am

Cornholio wrote:Milan knew what they were doing. Don't make them out to be idiots. The shirt sales would have been enough to sign him even if he had no legs.

Only very slight similarities, but...

Harry Kewell, what did you think about him milking Liverpool dry by not putting any effort in for a vast majority of his Liverpool career? Even ignoring injuries here he was on massive wages and didn't bother putting any effort in.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:55 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    Cornholio wrote:Milan knew what they were doing. Don't make them out to be idiots. The shirt sales would have been enough to sign him even if he had no legs.

Only very slight similarities, but...

Harry Kewell, what did you think about him milking Liverpool dry by not putting any effort in for a vast majority of his Liverpool career? Even ignoring injuries here he was on massive wages and didn't bother putting any effort in.

They're not similar at all. He didn't give a fuck at all, he gave fuck all to the game and got fuck all out. He didn't care about football, only showing his face in the big games.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:58 am

Yeah it's not the best example but the closest I can think of at Liverpool. I'll use a potential scenario then, if Ronaldinho had moved to us instead of Milan and the same outcome happened would you still feel the same?
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:02 am

I think my Kenny example was best. He still had loads to offer, he left the club at the top of the table. Ok his reasons for wanting out were better than Dino's but, like I say, he could have carried on and maybe carried on Liverpool's dominance. Can anyone be disappointed in him?

My mind won't change, if Ronaldinho had've done what he did for Barca for us, I could never be disappointed in him as a person. He more than earned the right to live his life how he wanted.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:04 am

Fair enough.

Like I said though I wouldn't say I'm disappointed in him, just that I don't agree with his career choices and think it's a massive annoyance we don't get to see Ronnie ripping shit up anymore.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:06 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Fair enough.

Like I said though I wouldn't say I'm disappointed in him, just that I don't agree with his career choices and think it's a massive annoyance we don't get to see Ronnie ripping shit up anymore.

I completely agree with that.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:08 am

cheers
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 am

I wanted him to sign for Blackburn Sad
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:22 pm

In his prime I pretty much watched Barca every week just to see him.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Ronaldinho in his prime - Page 2 225495
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:54 pm

Tbh, I dont even think that goals that good and not just because it was against Chelsea

This was my favourite of his goals

Commentary makes it Laughing
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:00 pm

You're wild! Got three defenders in front of him, Lampard bought to give him a bump in the bum, no forward pass available, at the 20 yard line, at a stand still, and places it in the bottom corner, that's brilliant.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:00 pm

Really Sean? The Chelsea goal is one of my favourites of all time. Genius is the only word to describe it.

That's another of my favourite Ronnie goals, the acceleration is craaaaaazy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:06 pm

When I think of Ronaldinho, I think of THAT goal he scored against us at the World Cup.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:06 pm

I dunno, it just kind of looks like a toe poke to me
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Cornholio wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:Would you say the same if he was a Liverpool player Ryan? Doubt it...

Was absolutely amazing at his best playing for Barca, but I have no respect for him anymore. Can anyone name a player more unpredictable than Ronaldinho? I can't think of any, he seen things no one else could.

If a Liverpool player did the stuff Dino did then decided the game was taking too much out of him I'd respect that decision.

Kenny was one of our best ever managers. He felt he couldn't go on the first time round even though he was one of the best in the game. Were people disappointed in him? Or the situation?

Honestly, people make me laugh. They assume the life of a top footballer is easy(It is in a way). This is their life, you don't get second one. You have to be EXTREMELY dedicated to play at the Dino's level. While you're all sitting on a computer, to stay at his level he can't really go to parties, he has train non-stop, there's a lot to it.

But fans want more and more, they don't care if he's happy with it or not. For everything he gave them, because he wants to stop early they are now disappointed in him.

Pathetic.

Woah woah woah, I'll stop you there. You do know why Kenny stepped down right? Because of Hillsborough, he suffered from post traumatic stress after it and couldn't handle being in the game anymore after what had happend, it effected him massively Ryan, I thought you knew this? He went to 97 funerals. The full 97 people who died because of Hillsborough, he attended every funeral. And did a hell of a lot for the families aswell.

So no, people were certainly not dissapointed in him. He was trying to manage Liverpool Football Club whilst coming to terms with one of the most tragic things in football history whilst suffering from stress because of it, it became apart of Kenny's life did Hillsborough. It's a very personal thing for him and something he holds dearly to his heart. (His words not mine, it's in his book.)
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Honestly, people make me laugh. They assume the life of a top footballer
    is easy(It is in a way). This is their life, you don't get second one.
    You have to be EXTREMELY dedicated to play at the Dino's level. While
    you're all sitting on a computer, to stay at his level he can't really
    go to parties, he has train non-stop, there's a lot to it.

Just seen this quote, and agree with it. Ronaldinho and Ronaldo (along with others course) just goes to show that as fans we should try to enjoy the brilliant moments world class players give, look at those two... or Kaka, in their prime who would've thought that these players would've fell so far, Ronaldinho is only what.. 30? 31? Hasnt been near top form since his mid 20s (like 07-08) really, it's so unexpected, never no when your favorite player will lose it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Sean CFC wrote:Tbh, I dont even think that goals that good and not just because it was against Chelsea
    Can't believe that.

It was genius of the highest order. Neutral
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:38 pm

Saw him live in Hong Kong, China once a few years back when Barca were on their asia tour.

Amazing to have watched him.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:33 pm

Plan D wrote:
    Cornholio wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:Would you say the same if he was a Liverpool player Ryan? Doubt it...

Was absolutely amazing at his best playing for Barca, but I have no respect for him anymore. Can anyone name a player more unpredictable than Ronaldinho? I can't think of any, he seen things no one else could.

If a Liverpool player did the stuff Dino did then decided the game was taking too much out of him I'd respect that decision.

Kenny was one of our best ever managers. He felt he couldn't go on the first time round even though he was one of the best in the game. Were people disappointed in him? Or the situation?

Honestly, people make me laugh. They assume the life of a top footballer is easy(It is in a way). This is their life, you don't get second one. You have to be EXTREMELY dedicated to play at the Dino's level. While you're all sitting on a computer, to stay at his level he can't really go to parties, he has train non-stop, there's a lot to it.

But fans want more and more, they don't care if he's happy with it or not. For everything he gave them, because he wants to stop early they are now disappointed in him.

Pathetic.

Woah woah woah, I'll stop you there. You do know why Kenny stepped down right? Because of Hillsborough, he suffered from post traumatic stress after it and couldn't handle being in the game anymore after what had happend, it effected him massively Ryan, I thought you knew this? He went to 97 funerals. The full 97 people who died because of Hillsborough, he attended every funeral. And did a hell of a lot for the families aswell.

So no, people were certainly not dissapointed in him. He was trying to manage Liverpool Football Club whilst coming to terms with one of the most tragic things in football history whilst suffering from stress because of it, it became apart of Kenny's life did Hillsborough. It's a very personal thing for him and something he holds dearly to his heart. (His words not mine, it's in his book.)

Woah woah woah, let me stop you there. I did know that, which is why I said his reasons were better than Ronaldinho's. So um yeah.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:40 am

Laughing
    Demoz
    Demoz

Formerly known as : 10RLegend

Post by Demoz Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 am

i'd say it was also lack of motivation. He'd won everything there needed to be won by the time he was what 27. He's still an all-time great w/o a doubt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:20 pm

he is a high roller enjoying the life of a millionaire

he loves football but not as a job or as a hard out proffesional

football is just a hobby for him these days which is fine
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:33 pm

dena wrote:

Ronaldinho in his prime - Page 2 225495
    I remember watching that goal live on T.V. not worthy One of the best goals I've watched live. not worthy
    Sean wrote:I dunno, it just kind of looks like a toe poke to me
    It was the greatest toe-poke in the history of the universe. Neutral
    Roloman4
    Roloman4

Supports : LDU, Selección Ecuatoriana de Fútbol

Post by Roloman4 Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:31 pm

He was just fucking brilliant, honestly, I would kill to be able to do 50% of what he could do with a football.
    walter
    walter

Post by walter Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Fine Shagger wrote:You think Milan bought him thinking he was going to carry on with his boozy lifestyle? He obviously took the piss and sold them down the river on false promises about cleaning up his act. Otherwise he wouldn't have been giving the £100k+ wages he got.

I'm not disappointed in him, I think he's a greedy twat who wasted his talent. If he wanted to play football as a hobby he'd have skipped the Milan step in his move from Barca to Milan to Brazil and just went directly there, accepted a massive decrease in wages and fall out of the spotlight.
    Sorry, have to just comment on this, playing football in Brazil is not a hobby. The people are very demanding, and just because your name is Ronaldinho it doesn't mean people are going to not a give a shit if you don't try, just look at Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos.
    Mario
    Mario

Formerly known as : El Pipita
    Supports : Real Madrid Castilla

Post by Mario Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:04 pm

average player

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:21 pm