Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Roloman4
SBSP
Demoz
Torresxvilla
Dean
dena
Drake
Jamie
Uncle John from Jamaica
Cornholio
luke.
Jord
Barton
ayvee1
Sean
Kaka11|LFC
20 posters

Ronaldinho in his prime

Kaka11|LFC
    Kaka11|LFC

Ronaldinho in his prime Empty Ronaldinho in his prime

Post by Kaka11|LFC Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:19 am

Did anyone here ever manage to get to see him during his prime? I was just watching a video and I had forgot how amazing he was, its crazy how good his control of the ball was, he could do anything he wanted with ease, Barcelona fans were so lucky back in the day, he would have been so entertaining to watch, its just in his nature hes all flair.

Anonymous

Ronaldinho in his prime Empty Re: Ronaldinho in his prime

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:23 am

Ronaldinho not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:24 am

One of the most entertaining players ever.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:25 am

watched a Barcelona 06/07 compilation on youtube, he was actually amazing. And I watched him in the 2006 WC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thfpiJv64dw
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:28 am

If he kept up his form he'd be the best player ever, I mean that
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:30 am

My favourite player to watch.
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

Post by Barton Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:31 am

He still is a fantastic player, its the lack of effort in recent years thats caused his career to go downhill.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:33 am

Yeah he makes me angry, he had all of it.. and tbh despite him being AMAZING, he didn't work hard enough to keep that level going.

Very disappointing.
    Barton

Post by Barton Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:37 am

It is disappointing. Hes a very talented individual, but his lazyness has held him back.
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:48 am

One of my favourite players. Remember when I first saw him in one of the World Cups.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:50 am

JMB_94 wrote:It is disappointing. Hes a very talented individual, but his lazyness has held him back.

His latest pics show he is quite fat now Sad
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:56 am

Legend not worthy
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:58 am

Lol at people being disappointed at him. He's done it all, if he wants to wants enjoy life aswell then I respect that decision. It's so easy for you all to say he shouldn't have started drinking and trained harder, but it's his life. I say fair play to him, he doesn't have to prove anything to people he doesn't know.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:59 am

He's an absolute lad in fairness. Played like a God for a few years, then just went on a chiller and still made millions. Legend.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:01 am

Cornholio wrote:Lol at people being disappointed at him. He's done it all, if he wants to wants enjoy life aswell then I respect that decision. It's so easy for you all to say he shouldn't have started drinking and trained harder, but it's his life. I say fair play to him, he doesn't have to prove anything to people he doesn't know.
    I'd much rather witness his greatness for more years.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:12 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Cornholio wrote:Lol at people being disappointed at him. He's done it all, if he wants to wants enjoy life aswell then I respect that decision. It's so easy for you all to say he shouldn't have started drinking and trained harder, but it's his life. I say fair play to him, he doesn't have to prove anything to people he doesn't know.
    I'd much rather witness his greatness for more years.

That's you. His life is more important to him than it is to you.
    Barton

Post by Barton Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:14 am

Surely you can understand our dissapointment. He still has the potential to be one of the best players in the world, but he can't arsed, he'd much rather hit the nightclubs. Neutral
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:19 am

Would you say the same if he was a Liverpool player Ryan? Doubt it...

Was absolutely amazing at his best playing for Barca, but I have no respect for him anymore. Can anyone name a player more unpredictable than Ronaldinho? I can't think of any, he seen things no one else could.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:21 am

JMB_94 wrote:

Surely you can understand our dissapointment. He still has the potential to be one of the best players in the world, but he can't arsed, he'd much rather hit the nightclubs. Neutral

I can see why but I would be disappointed at the situation, not at the player himself.

He's done more in a few years than 90% of footballers will ever do. I don't see a reason to be disappointed in him because he wants to enjoy the benefits he earned.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:24 am

Yeah, i met him outside the San Siro, and he gave me tickets, he couldn't speak very much english and i can't speak much portugese but we had a nice chat.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:28 am

Fine Shagger wrote:Would you say the same if he was a Liverpool player Ryan? Doubt it...

Was absolutely amazing at his best playing for Barca, but I have no respect for him anymore. Can anyone name a player more unpredictable than Ronaldinho? I can't think of any, he seen things no one else could.

If a Liverpool player did the stuff Dino did then decided the game was taking too much out of him I'd respect that decision.

Kenny was one of our best ever managers. He felt he couldn't go on the first time round even though he was one of the best in the game. Were people disappointed in him? Or the situation?

Honestly, people make me laugh. They assume the life of a top footballer is easy(It is in a way). This is their life, you don't get second one. You have to be EXTREMELY dedicated to play at the Dino's level. While you're all sitting on a computer, to stay at his level he can't really go to parties, he has train non-stop, there's a lot to it.

But fans want more and more, they don't care if he's happy with it or not. For everything he gave them, because he wants to stop early they are now disappointed in him.

Pathetic.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 am

Why didn't he retire then? Instead he tarnishes his reputation aswell as milking Barca and Milan dry picking up his staggering wages. He also royally fucked up the entire Barcelona season in Rijkaard's final year with his piss poor attitude and performances, unprofessional to say the least.

I could understand your point if he retired, but not playing on not giving a shit.
    Barton

Post by Barton Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 am

Cornholio wrote:
    JMB_94 wrote:

I can see why but I would be disappointed at the situation, not at the player himself.

He's done more in a few years than 90% of footballers will ever do. I don't see a reason to be disappointed in him because he wants to enjoy the benefits he earned.

Thats a load of crap. You don't just give it all you've got for a few years then become lazy for the rest of his playing career, he might as well just retire if hes gonig to do that.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:38 am

Again, you're pathetic.

It's clearly fucking obvious he loves football. He doesn't want the pressure he had at Barca, but still wants to play the game.

If a club is willing to accommodate his lifestyle and have him play for them that's their choice.

He wants to enjoy his life and still play football. He couldn't do that at Barca. Respect that.

Many people quit things at a professional level but carry on doing it as a hobby, Basically what he wants to do.

You people have no right to be disappointed in him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:39 am

To be honest Ryan, I'm not saying he's wrong.. but I'm still disappointed..
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 am

Everyone ignored my joke.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:41 am

kyro7 wrote:To be honest Ryan, I'm not saying he's wrong.. but I'm still disappointed..

I understand if you're disappointed at how things went.

But to be disappointed in him as a person is a joke.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 am

Cornholio wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:To be honest Ryan, I'm not saying he's wrong.. but I'm still disappointed..

I understand if you're disappointed at how things went.

But to be disappointed in him as a person is a joke.
    Nah I don't hold anything against him, just upset didn't get to see the great man go on for many years.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am

You think Milan bought him thinking he was going to carry on with his boozy lifestyle? He obviously took the piss and sold them down the river on false promises about cleaning up his act. Otherwise he wouldn't have been giving the £100k+ wages he got.

I'm not disappointed in him, I think he's a greedy twat who wasted his talent. If he wanted to play football as a hobby he'd have skipped the Milan step in his move from Barca to Milan to Brazil and just went directly there, accepted a massive decrease in wages and fall out of the spotlight.
    Barton

Post by Barton Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:46 am

I'm just disappointed that he didn't fulfill his talent, he could've became one of the all time greats.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:18 pm